PDA

View Full Version : Michell's 8th Cover of Skating Mag.

Pages : [1] 2

kathy sullivan
01-04-2012, 10:09 PM
It's her eigth time. I think the most ever:

http://skatingmagazineblog.com/2012/01/04/skating-magazine-cover-january/

Jarrett
01-04-2012, 10:40 PM
How old is that photo...? Maybe I'm mistaken but you would think they would get a recent one.

aftershocks
01-04-2012, 11:53 PM
The photo appears to be one that may have been taken in connection with Michelle being honored as one of the Godmothers of the Royal Caribbean cruise ship, Oasis of the Seas.

In that case, the picture might be a couple of years old, but so what? It is very lovely and apropos. Michelle likely may not have been available for a new photo session so why not use this one. It's gorgeous, and if it's two years old, what difference does that make? Michelle surely looks very much the same now ... absolutely gorgeous.

There seems to be such a calmness at the core of her being.

gofigure
01-04-2012, 11:58 PM
That photo was on the February 2005 cover of IFS.

aftershocks
01-05-2012, 12:28 AM
Then if so, it's about 6 years old when she was still skating and dealing with injury and had her sights set on trying to return for the 2006 Olympics.

Here's a link to what are supposedly more recent pictures.

http://www.fanpix.net/picture-gallery/michelle-kwan-picture-15695939.htm

Michelle appears older in the linked photo(s) (imagine that!) -- and she still looks lovely. Will be even better to see her live and in-person for those lucky enough to attend Nationals in San Jose.

Jarrett
01-05-2012, 03:29 AM
I'm not saying Michelle doesn't look like that anymore, I'm just saying it is an old photoshoot. They could have used something more recent. I mean ANYTHING. lol When I saw her in 2010 she looked great as ever.

Iceman
01-05-2012, 04:29 AM
It's her skating that matters, not how she did look or looks now. Would she have been less of skater if she had been ugly as sin? Sadly, I suspect in the eyes of many she would have been.

VIETgrlTerifa
01-05-2012, 06:04 AM
Though I do agree she looks great, I do wish they would have used a new picture for their cover. However, that could be due to many things (schedule conflicts, etc.)

Spinner
01-05-2012, 06:45 AM
I still have the Skating issue of her first cover. :)

kwanatic
01-05-2012, 01:48 PM
I still have the Skating issue of her first cover. :)

Hang on to those! They're going to be worth a ton one day! ;)

I don't care if they picked a picture from 1996, I'm just happy to see her on the cover. What a remarkable woman! :swoon:

Wyliefan
01-05-2012, 02:07 PM
It's her skating that matters, not how she did look or looks now. Would she have been less of skater if she had been ugly as sin? Sadly, I suspect in the eyes of many she would have been.

You're sad over a hypothetical that you just made up?

PDilemma
01-05-2012, 02:19 PM
I'm not saying Michelle doesn't look like that anymore, I'm just saying it is an old photoshoot. They could have used something more recent. I mean ANYTHING. lol When I saw her in 2010 she looked great as ever.

The more recent photo linked below just looks less airbrushed. All in all, she doesn't look all that much older.

Jarrett
01-05-2012, 03:43 PM
The more recent photo linked below just looks less airbrushed. All in all, she doesn't look all that much older.

I agree? I'm not sure why it seems people think I am dissing Michelle is some way.

OliviaPug
01-05-2012, 07:05 PM
Gorgeous Cover! Gorgeous Michelle ... at any age! Congrats again to Michelle for another record.

O-

skatingfan5
01-05-2012, 07:16 PM
How old is that photo...? Maybe I'm mistaken but you would think they would get a recent one.Perhaps they already had purchased the rights to the one they used -- and didn't want to spend $$$ to obtain the rights to a more recent one? Given the state of the economy in general and of the finances of the USFS in particular, that wouldn't be so surprising. :shuffle:

Whatever the reason, she looks wonderful and it's great to see Michelle gracing the magazine's cover one more time -- no matter how recent/old the photo is. :cheer: I'd be happy about that no matter what -- that is, unless they used one of those horrible mid-jump photos. :yikes: :lol: