PDA

View Full Version : Quadrantid Meteor Shower

BigB08822
01-04-2012, 06:40 AM
If anyone is still awake, the annual Quadrantid Meteor shower should be getting into full swing within the next hour or so and last for a few hours. I am going to go out and take a look myself. It is scheduled to peak around 3 am Eastern time although I read some other articles saying 2 am Eastern, which would be in only 20 minutes. I figure this meteor shower should be our favorite and garner lots of points for being a quad. :P

TygerLily
01-04-2012, 07:19 AM
I figure this meteor shower should be our favorite and garner lots of points for being a quad. :P:lol:

I'm trying to stay up for it (says a night owl), but when I checked a little bit ago it looks like we have some cloud cover to the north. I'll try again, but methinks my excuse for staying up will all be for naught. :shuffle:

BigB08822
01-04-2012, 07:32 AM
I'm drinking champagne (my new drink of choice, who knew!) and my excuse is that it will help me stay warm while outside. :lol:

TygerLily
01-04-2012, 07:39 AM
Brilliant justification! :lol:

BigB08822
01-04-2012, 08:31 AM
Has anyone seen any? I think I saw one but I haven't seen any more since and it is so cold I keep coming in. The area I need to watch is very close to the horizon which is much brighter because I am in the city. I wish it were farther up in the sky because I can see that much better, it is a very clear night but in the city the horizon is always lit up. The moon hasn't set here yet so maybe in another 30 minutes I will be able to see better but I doubt it. Might have to settle for the one.

BigB08822
01-04-2012, 08:57 AM
I finally began watching this Nasa stream and I have yet to see one on there. I give up. Someone youtube this crap and I will watch it tomorrow. Kthanks, bye!

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nasa-msfc

Badams
01-05-2012, 03:06 AM
I wish I had seen this thread last night! Although I doubt I would have seen anything since it was 10 below zero.