PDA

View Full Version : Hao ZHANG still enduring his elbow injury (Chinese National Winter Games article)

Pages : [1] 2

Sylvia
01-04-2012, 06:21 AM
From an article about Zhang/Zhang -- they and Pang/Tong are scheduled to compete in the Chinese National Winter Games this week: http://www.shanghaidaily.com/article/article_xinhua.asp?id=43009

For China's top figure skating pair Zhang Dan and Zhang Hao, nothing but the gold medal could satisfy them at the 12th National Winter Games which opened here Tuesday evening.

Yet, the two-time defending champions have to battle against not only daunting rivals like Pang Qing and Tong Jian, the two-time world champions, but also pains from a string of injuries.

Zhang Hao was seen both arms bandaged in a training session at the Changchun Skating Stadium here at the capital city of Northeast China's Jilin province.

"The pain is killing me when I try to unbend my right elbow," said the 27-year-old Zhang Hao, who failed to complete the lift in training due to the injury and had to put an ice package on his arms to ease the pain.
:(

Chinese National Winter Games figure skating thread in Kiss and Cry forum: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=81892

skateboy
01-04-2012, 07:56 AM
I'm sorry to hear this. I've always liked the Zhangs and they have so much ability. It would be great to see them have at least one really terrific season.

lowtherlore
01-04-2012, 08:03 AM
It's too bad. :( They've worked hard together for a long time with a lot of success, but I feel he's in a situation to make a change after this season, if he wants to continue competing for the top spot.

Marco
01-04-2012, 10:11 AM
Is this a new injury? I thought his injury from last season was to his finger?

LilJen
01-04-2012, 01:51 PM
Yowch. Hope he can find a way to ease the pain and/or fix whatever the problem is.

ioana
01-04-2012, 02:19 PM
Is this a new injury? I thought his injury from last season was to his finger?

And, it looked like he hurt his shoulder during their long program at the GPF. Poor guy's not having any luck staying injury-free this season!

Pikachuusb
01-04-2012, 04:46 PM
Ugh :( I hope he heals quickly and is out of pain long term.

Marco
01-05-2012, 03:52 AM
hmm looking ahead, is Sui & Han eligible for senior Worlds? Just wonderign if China can keep 2 spots if Z&Z drops out of Worlds and P&T does not compete.

love_skate2011
01-05-2012, 11:01 AM
^

No, I think its by next worlds but not this season
they will still compete in junior worlds

Marco
01-05-2012, 11:07 AM
Thanks.

Did P&T say they were skipping GPs or did they say they were skipping the whole season? My impression is the latter, but then why would they compete at Nationals if they weren't competing this season?! And if it's the former, have they met the minimum score requirement yet? :EVILLE:

Loves_Shizuka
01-05-2012, 11:23 AM
^Yea, are P/T here?!?!

Yukari Lepisto
01-05-2012, 11:33 AM
Thanks.

Did P&T say they were skipping GPs or did they say they were skipping the whole season? My impression is the latter, but then why would they compete at Nationals if they weren't competing this season?! And if it's the former, have they met the minimum score requirement yet? :EVILLE:

P/T have always said that they'll only compete at the world championship this season. so i guess they want to compete at this nationals as warm-up.

Loves_Shizuka
01-05-2012, 11:59 AM
Ahhh, thank you!

julieann
01-05-2012, 04:02 PM
Thanks.

This isn't nationals, that already took place on in September, the Zhangs won and Sui and Han were second. This is different.

I though Sui is good to go to senior worlds this year because she is now 16.

Also, why would P/T need a minimum score?

johndockley92
01-05-2012, 05:10 PM
hmm looking ahead, is Sui & Han eligible for senior Worlds? Just wonderign if China can keep 2 spots if Z&Z drops out of Worlds and P&T does not compete.

WELL, Han is too old for junior worlds ;)

But shhhhh don't tell everybody else in the world who already secretly knows it :P