PDA

View Full Version : Sasha Cohen's Endorsements

Pages : 1 2 [3]

mkats
01-05-2012, 11:49 PM
Thanks for posting Sasha's twitter, Mkats. I always liked her, on and off the ice, and it's interesting to see what she's been up to.

Isn't it? :) I was surprised to find it since she's always seemed a very private person. It's great to see her all settled into school and moved on from competitive skating.

I was on a forum mostly populated by 13 year olds shouting "SASHA IS THE BEST LOLHAHA" and one crazy woman screaming about Michelle's evil influence on skating.

It was a dark time in my life.

:rofl: I'm so glad I wasn't the only one. It was a very conflicted time in my life as I had grown up as a HUGE Michelle Kwan fan, but dangit that Sasha just had me captivated. It seemed like while everyone else was having legit "who am I?" drama in their teenage years, most of mine consisted of "am I a Kwaniac or a Cohenhead?"

:shuffle: I'm so glad I can finally admit that. :o

fenway2
01-05-2012, 11:52 PM
I kind of figured Rachael's agent (Tara ?) at the time sought out the MAC deal for her. And that once Rachael changed agents, Tara secured the MAC deal for Johnny. Just speculation though. I don't think it's a coincidence that both skaters with MAC deals had the same agent for awhile.

Polymer Bob
01-06-2012, 02:47 AM
There is something I never figured out about that deal. Was there any money involved?

I find it hard to believe the only outcome of that arrangement was that they sent somebody over to do Rachael's makeup.

mkats
01-14-2012, 04:14 AM
Hauling up this thread to share this gorgeous picture of Sasha as a Geisha (https://p.twimg.com/Ai9YSAsCEAE48jO.jpg)!

IceAlisa
01-14-2012, 04:48 AM
She looks great! :)

There's another picture of her on the ice, literally: http://twitter.com/#!/SashaCohenNYC/status/157449812889968640/photo/1/large

UGG
01-14-2012, 01:06 PM
^^ Why did no one suggest that?!? Shoot, I know why. I was on a forum mostly populated by 13 year olds shouting "SASHA IS THE BEST LOLHAHA" and one crazy woman screaming about Michelle's evil influence on skating.

It was a dark time in my life.

I LOL'd. Loveskating. One of my favorite online personalities.

UGG
01-14-2012, 01:08 PM
She looks great! :)

There's another picture of her on the ice, literally: http://twitter.com/#!/SashaCohenNYC/status/157449812889968640/photo/1/large

She looks great. she has such an "old Hollywood glam" look to me, or can have that type of look if she goes for it.

duane
01-14-2012, 06:24 PM
Oh I remember this. I thought it was very appropriate for us, SashaFans, as we were all developing peptic ulcers watching her compete. :drama:
Sasha was such a beautiful, artistic skater who--without question--was the most difficult to watch. There was never the question of if she was going to fall, but when she was going to fall. I don't think I've ever seen a Sasha performance where she skated with abandon. From the moment she took the ice, there was always that edge of tension and doubt in her eyes that made her fans nervous wrecks!

IceAlisa
01-14-2012, 06:27 PM
Her SP were frequently skated with abandon, like the 2006 Olympic SP. LP? Not so much.

She looks great. she has such an "old Hollywood glam" look to me, or can have that type of look if she goes for it.
That's exactly what I thought--Old Hollywood. Nice to see her looking so healthy and happy.