my little pony
02-07-2012, 03:41 PM
i couldnt watch, i hate wrestling

who sashayed away?

Beefcake
02-07-2012, 03:45 PM
i couldnt watch, i hate wrestling

who sashayed away?
LaShawn Beyond. She LSFYL versus The Princess, who the queens agreed "has it but isn't bringing it", but made the fatal mistake of taking off her shoes even before starting to lipsynch. Therefore, she was dead meat on the spot (shoeless is a huge no-no ... Michelle even tweeted about it last night). Princess out-performed her anyway.

LB's goodbye was very nice, very positive, and very much in agreement with the judging panel. She's young, and can be better ... and will hopefully also reconsider that horrendous name -- "LaShawn Beyond"? WTH, were you 13 when you came up with that?

Madame LaQueer and Jiggly Caliente, next please!

Fergus
02-07-2012, 05:43 PM
I so do not get the Kenya Michael's love either. Fishier than an Italian Christmas Eve, yes, but nothing spectacular, IMHO. :blah:

DiDa can walk the shit out of that runway, but her look is atrocious, pure Claire's Accessories and ratty wigs. :yikes:

Still undecided about Willam. She'd better turn up the glam, 'cause she's looked sorta trashy on both runways so far.

:respec: to Sharon Needles! You want girly girl? Coming right up! *WURQ* ;)

Chad :swoon: Reminds me of that line from "Singin' in the Rain": She's so refined. I think I'll kill myself. :lol:

taf2002
02-07-2012, 06:14 PM
I love Sharon Needles, which is a big surprise because I didn't think I would. I also like Chad Michaels. I want to like William but she's so arrogant...she reminds me of last year's winner in her attitude. I also like The Princess & didn't think she deserved to be in the bottom 2. Her LSFYL was really good.

Can't stand Jiggly, she's the annoying Shandela of this season but worse. I don't think Kenya is the one to beat but I liked her runway look this week & what I saw of her wrestling. I FF'd thru most of the wrestling scenes. Since they didn't send Jiggly home, LaShawn was the next best pick. I hope Jiggly is next & then Laqueer.

my little pony
02-07-2012, 06:25 PM
ita on jiggly

she's annoying in the show then in untucked she is even worse

Beefcake
02-07-2012, 06:37 PM
DiDa can walk the shit out of that runway, but her look is atrocious, pure Claire's Accessories and ratty wigs. :yikes:
:lol: I cannot explain it, but I really kinda dig Dida and her tragically unstyled look and stompy walk. Much rather have a man in a dress like Dida than a pwetty fish.

Chad :swoon: Reminds me of that line from "Singin' in the Rain": She's so refined. I think I'll kill myself. :lol:
And, [warning warning! pathetic name drop ahead!] sweet and nice in real life ... and by "real life" I mean that one time my friend and I were sitting at the Ripples bar with her, or rather him (out of drag). :) Seems like a genuinely nice man.

ETA: How did a "thumbs down" icon appear over my post? Is someone judging me from high? It's the hegemonic ho 'Admin', again, isn't it? :mad:

olympic
02-07-2012, 09:52 PM
On the contrary, I was roaring with laughter during the Pro Wrestling bit :lol:

Madame LaQueer - :kickass:

The Princess let me down. I thought she'd be better. She seems way too catatonic! :yawn:

LaShawn Beyond is (was) pretty :blah: as well. Still, I would've had Dida Ritz in the bottom 2.

Willam has potential but is pretty poisonous. :lol: at Michelle Visage's remark aimed at her- 'smarmy' :lol:

Milan has potential, too

Phi Phi is wound pretty tight, isn't she? I think every season has at least one.

Latrice Royal :scream: - good job as a wrestler, but I can't see her keeping up with most of the other gals in other respects

Jiggly is scraping bottom, just surviving

Sharon Needles might be the sleeper of this group - actually quite versatile

topaz
02-07-2012, 10:28 PM
I love Sharon Needles, which is a big surprise because I didn't think I would. I also like Chad Michaels. I want to like William but she's so arrogant...she reminds me of last year's winner in her attitude. I also like The Princess & didn't think she deserved to be in the bottom 2. Her LSFYL was really good.

Can't stand Jiggly, she's the annoying Shandela of this season but worse. I don't think Kenya is the one to beat but I liked her runway look this week & what I saw of her wrestling. I FF'd thru most of the wrestling scenes. Since they didn't send Jiggly home, LaShawn was the next best pick. I hope Jiggly is next & then Laqueer.

Jiggly has self esteem issues, I'm not condoning her behavior. But usually people are hurting only know how to hurt.

HOWEVER, Shangela was never never that insecure. I watched an interview on youtube with the GREAT makeup artist Billy B; he mentions that Shangela is nice and cool person. If Billy likes her, I'm sure she's good :)

*He has done a makeup after the show and has showed her to tips :P

I'm ready for Jiggly to go;

I have much love for Latrice, Willam, Sharon, Chad; I'm still on the fence about Princess and Dida.

LaQueer isn't going to make it far, but he seems like a great guy though.

I think I've seen Phi Phi's drag show before, but I'm not sure.

Fergus
02-08-2012, 01:54 AM
Phi Phi is one high-strung queen. :yikes:

And Ru was SPOT-ON with "Telenovela realness". :rofl:

Allen
02-08-2012, 04:29 PM
To be honest, I have to wonder what the talent pool was like that allowed Alisa, Jiggly, LaShawn, Milan, and LaQueer to make the show. I'm still on the fence about Dida, but she's not particularly strong either. The Princess is SO bland, so I'm not really sure why she's there either. I feel like the talent pool in season 3 was a lot deeper as Venus, Phoenix, and even Stacey Layne are far better queens than most of these people.

I'm for Sharon to take it all the way, but I just don't see Ru picking her even though she's shown herself to be very versatile.

I want to like Willam, but I just don't. I don't get taf's comment that Willam's personality is similar to that of Raja. I feel like Willam is going to go far though. I just hope she doesn't win.

I'm afraid Kenya is the chosen one. I thought she looked good in the challenge, but she's not doing anything interesting or exciting. For me, Sharon is the only one doing anything innovative.

And then we have Latrice...who reminds me of a black Divine in a lot of ways. I LOVE her, but I just wonder how far she'll go.

If you watch the preview for the season of Untucked, you can get a lot of hints as to who sticks around and who goes.

olympic
02-08-2012, 06:20 PM
To be honest, I have to wonder what the talent pool was like that allowed Alisa, Jiggly, LaShawn, Milan, and LaQueer to make the show. I'm still on the fence about Dida, but she's not particularly strong either. The Princess is SO bland, so I'm not really sure why she's there either. I feel like the talent pool in season 3 was a lot deeper as Venus, Phoenix, and even Stacey Layne are far better queens than most of these people.

I'm for Sharon to take it all the way, but I just don't see Ru picking her even though she's shown herself to be very versatile.

I want to like Willam, but I just don't. I don't get taf's comment that Willam's personality is similar to that of Raja. I feel like Willam is going to go far though. I just hope she doesn't win.

I'm afraid Kenya is the chosen one. I thought she looked good in the challenge, but she's not doing anything interesting or exciting. For me, Sharon is the only one doing anything innovative.

And then we have Latrice...who reminds me of a black Divine in a lot of ways. I LOVE her, but I just wonder how far she'll go.

If you watch the preview for the season of Untucked, you can get a lot of hints as to who sticks around and who goes.

I wonder if the pool of talent gets smaller after every season, just because the best were picked in Season #1, next best in Season #2, etc. ... That is, if it's basically the same pool of talent

taf2002
02-08-2012, 08:48 PM

I didn't like Raja for the same reason I don't like William's personality, although William comes off as more arrogant, they both have the "I'm better than you" vibe. They both made it clear from the very start that they didn't see much competition & that they were a shoo-in to win. In Raja's case he was right but I think his connection to Ru was the deciding factor. Manila should have won IMO.

I wonder if the pool of talent gets smaller after every season, just because the best were picked in Season #1, next best in Season #2, etc. ... That is, if it's basically the same pool of talent

People are coming from as far away as Puerto Rico to compete so I don't think the pool is going to dry up anytime soon. Although I agree with you that this year the majority of them don't seem all that fierce yet.

Beefcake
02-08-2012, 08:52 PM
To be honest, I have to wonder what the talent pool was like that allowed Alisa, Jiggly, LaShawn, Milan, and LaQueer to make the show.
Talent pool is huge and eager, methinks, but Drag Race is watching out for itself and its future in not stacking the deck with ALL obvious title contenders.

I think that "cannon fodder" is a MUST in shows that are casting "true" industry professionals with reputations to protect. Witness the current edition of Project Runway All-Stars. You just know that three or four WTF? cast members were put there (over better designers who might were just as eager to compete again) to safeguard the handful of designers with already successful careers. Eliminate the potential embarrassment of sending a Rami home in 10th place.

Drag Race might suffer in casting top queens for the season following one with, say, "all Rajas, Sharon Needleses, and Chad Michaelses" versus the season that had "some Rajas and Chad Michaelses with a few Mystiques and Alisas thrown in for variety and early boot purposes."

I feel like the talent pool in season 3 was a lot deeper as Venus, Phoenix, and even Stacey Layne are far better queens than most of these people.
Phoenix, IMO, should've been given a one-time-only pass for bombing the Queens in Space challenge ... as she is far better a performer than her placement/the Alexis Mateo or anyone Carmen/6th or below.

If you watch the preview for the season of Untucked, you can get a lot of hints as to who sticks around and who goes
Yeh, we can approximate placements for the first five or six weeks by outfits and how many times someone is shown. Quick shots of the runway and even LSFYLs also give us tangible information. I try not to look to closely, but I did notice my favorites were all over those previews. Yay.

olympic
02-14-2012, 12:47 PM
Watched last night.

LOL - This is a skating board, so please don't tell me that Phi Phi O'Hara didn't rip off Jill Trenary's amazing hair circa 1988 :rofl: I never ever thought of the draq queen possibilities from Jill Trenary!

Overall, I thought the comp was meh (I hope this isn't a pattern for the season!) -

The Princess didn't deserve to go home. I would've had Madame LaQueer in the bottom 2. THAT outfit was atrocious and should've been burned!

my little pony
02-14-2012, 01:10 PM
ita, i cant believe madame laqueer is still there. i dont think she is all that and i dont see her getting much better.