PDA

View Full Version : Skaters who's Parents were also Skaters

Pages : [1] 2 3

FSWer
01-02-2012, 10:23 PM
Ok. Today I am looking Skaters who's Parents were also Skaters (not Parents who were Hockey Players,Speed Skaters,etc. Just Competitive Skaters befor their Kids). I'm not sure how many we can think of. So I'll just start by saying,that as far as I know and have heard...don't quote me on this one too...but wasn't Alissa Czisny's Mom (Debbie = Mrs.Czisny) a Competitive Skater herself? Can anyone please confurm this? Thanks.

vivika1982
01-02-2012, 11:36 PM
Marina Anissina's mom Irina Cherniaeva was a competitive pair skater.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irina_Cherniaeva

Ivan Bukin’s father is 1988 Ice Dance Olympic Champion Andrei Bukin:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrei_Bukin

Not sure if this counts because Povials Vanagas’s mother Lilija Vanagienė
wasn’t a competitive skater but she is a figure skating coach .
http://www.15min.lt/zyme/lilija-vanagiene

MR-FAN
01-02-2012, 11:39 PM
Yuka Sato springs to mind, both parents made it to the Olympics

MikiAndoFan#1
01-03-2012, 12:18 AM
Takahiko Kozuka's father, Tsuguhiko Kozuka, was a singles skater.

orbitz
01-03-2012, 12:20 AM
John Baldwin.

smarts1
01-03-2012, 03:07 AM
Ksenia Makarova, I think?

snoopysnake
01-03-2012, 03:30 AM
Laurence and Maribel Y. Owen, daughters of Maribel Vinson Owen.

orbitz
01-03-2012, 04:30 AM
Artur Dimitriv's son is a current competitive skater.

Cherub721
01-03-2012, 04:31 AM
Carolina Kostner's mother was a figure skater.

Peter Tcherynshev's grandfather was a Soviet champion.

I feel like a few of the Finnish girls had moms who skated... Alisa Drei and maybe others? I don't remember.

bibi
01-03-2012, 04:39 AM
Takahiko Kozuka's father, Tsuguhiko Kozuka, was a singles skater.
and also his grandfather :)

essence_of_soy
01-03-2012, 05:15 AM
Ksenia Makarova, I think?

Correct. Her parents are Larissa Selezneva & Oleg Makarov, the 1987 & 1989 European Pairs' Champions.

zilam98
01-03-2012, 05:22 AM
Correct. Her parents are Larissa Selezneva & Oleg Makarov, the 1987 & 1989 European Pairs' Champions.

oh wow, now that's a family of skaters i know of--and pretty recent too.

Sylvia
01-03-2012, 05:39 AM
So I'll just start by saying,that as far as I know and have heard...don't quote me on this one too...but wasn't Alissa Czisny's Mom (Debbie = Mrs.Czisny) a Competitive Skater herself? Can anyone please confurm this? Thanks.
From Alissa's official site: http://figureskatersonline.com/alissaczisny/site/about-alissa/

Alissa Czisny is a two-time U.S. champion who along with her twin sister Amber, started skating at age 1 1/2 when her mother started taking skating lessons.
From the above excerpt, it sounds like Mrs. Czisny skated recreationally as an adult at least, but I don't recall reading anything online about her being an adult competitive skater.

Here are three examples of young competitive skaters -- the children of accomplished skater parents -- who qualified for and competed in the US Junior (Intermediate/Juvenile level) Nationals last month...

1992 Olympic gold medalist ice dancers Sergei Ponomarenko and Marina Klimova have a 10-year-old son, Anthony Ponomarenko, who finished 5th in Intermediate Dance with his partner (Feng/Ponomarenko also won the U.S. Juvenile Dance bronze last year).

Isabelle Brasseur (of the 1993 World and 5-time Canadian pair champs Brasseur/Eisler) and Rocky Marval (of the 1992 & 1993 US pair champs Urbanski/Marval) have an 11-year-old daughter, Gabriella Marvaldi, who won the Juvenile Pairs title.

Maxim Naumov, the 10-year-old son of 1994 World pair champs Vadim Naumov and Evgenia Shishkova, placed 7th in the Juvenile Boys final round.

overedge
01-03-2012, 05:41 AM
Fedor Andreev (Marina Zoueva's son).

acraven
01-03-2012, 05:43 AM
Michal Březina's father was a competitive skater.
Krisztina Czakó's father was a competitive skater.
Petra Burka's mother was a competitive skater.
Gabriele Seyfert's mother, Jutta Müller, was a competitive skater.
Viktoria and Joshi Helgesson's mother was a competitive skater.
Ashley Cain's father competed for Australia.
Fedor Andreev's mother, Marina Zueva, was a competitive skater.

In addition, the following skaters were coached by a parent, and I assume that parent was a former competitive skater: Marina Kielmann, Kate Charbonneau, Ivana Reitmayerová/Peter Reitmayer and Kristian/Taavi Rand.