PDA

View Full Version : Pairs/Dance splits 2012 season

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

fan
01-02-2012, 04:04 PM
US intermediate dance silver medalists Julia Biechler and Alexander Petrov split, he is on ice partner search

winterone
01-02-2012, 08:26 PM
That merry go round starts after nationals.

julianaqtpi
01-02-2012, 08:37 PM
Can I have him? :lol: I wish I could find a partner for dance or pairs :( Sad that Julia and Alexander split, they were a good team and skated well together.

UDelpairs2012
01-07-2012, 01:14 AM
His edges are to die for!

Sylvia
01-07-2012, 02:10 AM
I posted about this pre-Nationals Senior team split in the U.S. Dance thread the other day: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3422971&postcount=46

Civic
01-07-2012, 05:45 AM
US intermediate dance silver medalists Julia Biechler and Alexander Petrov split, he is on ice partner search

Is he a skating import or an American citizen of Russian origins?

Sylvia
01-07-2012, 05:57 AM
Ice dancers usually aren't imported that young. ;) According to this January 2011 article published after Biechler/Petrov won the U.S. Juvenile Dance title, Alexander "Sasha" Petrov, now 13 years old, was born in Russia but his parents decided to move to the U.S. and start coaching - they are based in Hershey, PA: http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/01/after_capturing_national_gold.html

taz'smum
05-02-2012, 01:43 PM
Various rumours have been circulating since Worlds at Nice, that Zahorski and Miart have split. :confused:

I would like to confirm that there is absolutely no truth in any of these rumours. Zahorski and Miart are still very much together and are very busy preparing for the new season. :)

Sylvia
05-02-2012, 01:45 PM
Various rumours have been circulating since Worlds at Nice, that Zahorski and Miart have split. :confused:

I would like to confirm that there is absolutely no truth in any of these rumours. Zahorski and Miart are still very much together and are very busy preparing for the new season. :)
Maybe you should cross-post this info here: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79480

taz'smum
05-02-2012, 01:54 PM
Maybe you should cross-post this info here: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79480

Thanks for the advice Sylvia ;)

Sylvia
05-02-2012, 02:22 PM
You're welcome - good luck to them next season!

Since this thread has been bumped up, I'll take the opportunity to post the known splits of the senior/junior international pair and dance teams listed in the current ISU World Standings ranking lists (updated April 30, 2012):

PAIRS
12 Amanda Evora/Mark Ladwig USA
17 Lubov Iliushechkina/Nodari Maisuradze RUS
22 Klara Kadlecova/Petr Bidar CZE
25 Ashley Cain/Joshua Reagan USA
29 Katherine Bobak/Ian Beharry CAN
33 Katharina Gierok/Florian Just GER (eta: mentioned by oubik below)
36 Natasha Purich/Raymond Schultz CAN
39 Brittany Jones/Kurtis Gaskell CAN
44 Carolina Gillespie/Luca Dematté ITA
63 Andrea Poapst/Chris Knierim USA
65 Cassie Andrews/Timothy LeDuc USA
[Split after 2010-11 season but still listed:
68 Brynn Carman/AJ Reiss USA
75 Molly Aaron/Daniyel Cohen USA
78 Lindsay Davis/Themistocles Leftheris USA
78 Erika Smith/Nathan Bartholomay USA
82 Morgan Agster/Adam Civiello USA]

Note: Alexandra Rodriguez/Aritz Maestu ESP are not ranked but have split (he is listed on IPS) - they were the first pair team to represent Spain in international competition (JGP and Jr. Worlds this season).

Posted in the Trash Can forum because it's still a rumor: Unconfirmed: Zhang and Zhang may split? (http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=83499) (they're ranked #26).

DANCE
24 Lauri Bonacorsi/Travis Mager USA
36 Tanja Kolbe/Stefano Caruso GER
37 Anastasia Galyeta/Alexei Shumski UKR
38 Charlotte Lichtman/Dean Copely USA
55 Isabella Cannuscio/Ian Lorello USA
74 Kaitlin Hawayek/Michael Bramante USA
86 Anastasia Olson/Jordan Cowan USA
... any other teams that competed internationally in 2011-12?
Unranked: Sophie Jones/Richard Sharpe GBR

allezfred
05-02-2012, 02:32 PM

That's good to hear. I very much enjoyed them at Euros (shame about the mistakes in the prelims :( ). :)

oubik
05-02-2012, 05:46 PM
... any other teams that competed internationally in 2011-12?

Pairs:

Katharina Gierok / Florian Just (GER, senior Bs, he is quitting)
Linda Wenzig / Matti Landgraf (GER - jun, JW Preliminaries)

Michelle & Richard Lundberg (SWE - jun, JGP, but WD from EC and JWC) - but itīs hearsay info I have, can anyone from Sweden confirm?

Ice Dance:

Natalia Jancosek / Petr Seknicka (SVK - jun, JGP)
Lolita Yermak / Oleksander Ljubchenko (UKR - jun, JGP, she teamed up Alexey Khimich who was trying in Great Britain for a season or two)

blue_idealist
05-02-2012, 10:26 PM
Didn't know about Kadlecova and Bidar..

meierfan
05-04-2012, 02:30 PM
Michelle & Richard Lundberg (SWE - jun, JGP, but WD from EC and JWC) - but itīs hearsay info I have, can anyone from Sweden confirm?

It is very likely; they were not at the national pairs/ice dance clinic last weekend. All the other fairly high level pairs and ice dancers were there (all 5 couples... :rolleyes: ).