PDA

View Full Version : Will you cross anything off you bucket list in 2012?

Pages : [1] 2

numbers123
01-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Marge's question about hot air balloons got me thinking about what I might want to try to do in 2012 that is part of my bucket list. I am not sure what I would lile to accomplish let alone try to get it done.

So, what would you or could you cross off your bucket list?

michiruwater
01-01-2012, 07:18 PM
Depending upon medical stuff (it's unfortunately a big 'if' - type 1 diabetes) I may be joining the Peace Corps after I graduate this summer :) I'm just waiting for a final response now.

Matryeshka
01-01-2012, 08:03 PM
I would really like to go somewhere I've never been. It doesn't have to be a major vacation to a foreign country--though I certainly wouldn't turn it down :P--but I would like to go somewhere outside of Louisiana.

MacMadame
01-01-2012, 10:10 PM
I hate the term "bucket list". We used to call these "life lists" or even just "stuff I want to do before I die". Who thought of the term "Bucket List" and who thought it was such a great idea that they started using it ... because one of the things on MY list is to hunt them down and kill them! (J/K. I'd probably only maim them a little.)

I think I've done pretty much everything on my bucket list except visit Australia, China and the Grand Canyon and ride in a hot air balloon. And I clearly don't want to do them all that badly as they've been on my bucket list for years and years and I've never done anything to make them actually happen. :lol:

PDilemma
01-01-2012, 10:13 PM
Hopefully, I will have a master's degree by this time next year. That's a huge one.

Simone411
01-01-2012, 10:20 PM
I did have a "bucket list" but I threw it away. :) I realized this past year that every day of your life is precious. Try to accomplish the things you really wish to do, but take each day as it comes like there's no tomorrow. I let my friends and family know each and every day how much I love them.

made_in_canada
01-01-2012, 10:43 PM
I did have a "bucket list" but I threw it away. :) I realized this past year that every day of your life is precious. Try to accomplish the things you really wish to do, but take each day as it comes like there's no tomorrow. I let my friends and family know each and every day how much I love them.

:respec::respec::respec:

I'm registered to run a half marathon :D

Simone411
01-01-2012, 11:15 PM
:respec::respec::respec:

I'm registered to run a half marathon :D

That is awesome!! Wishing you the best with the marathon! :respec: :respec:

skatesindreams
01-01-2012, 11:25 PM

Wise lady, you!
I'm sorry that you had such a life-changing "reminder" of that, though.

BelleBway
01-02-2012, 12:54 AM
I don't really have a "bucket list"... which may surprise some people. (and like MacMadame, I am not fond of the term) I try to follow my heart (with appropriate checks on my bank account balances)- what is my "must do" thing of any given year may not have even been a blip on my radar the year before.

Marge_Simpson
01-02-2012, 12:56 AM
I came across this website last January and it really resonated with me:
http://the52weeks.com/
So I decided that I, too, would try something new every week. So many times I would walk by a restaurant and think, "that place looks nice, I should eat here" or see an ad for something and think, "that sounds fun, I should do that sometime". But half the time I would never try whatever it was.
So I started my own "52 Weeks" project and got 2 of my coworkers involved; all 3 of us made it through the year and did something new every week.
Among other things, I went to a wine tasting, became an organ donor, went dancing (by myself!) at Lincoln Center's Midsummer Night's Swing, made sock monkeys for Craft Hope, and tried a lot of interesting foods.
I was so pleased with myself, I've decided to do it again in 2012. And so I am going to kick off the year by taking part in the No Pants Subway Ride.

milanessa
01-02-2012, 01:16 AM
I like the term "bucket list" - not sure why - it just resonates with me. Did it come from the movie of the same name or was it around before that?

numbers123
01-02-2012, 01:54 AM
I think it was around before the movie. I can't remember if I heard it before I heard the 50 things you want to do before you die concept.

But I do recall my parents using that phrase when they went to Europe and skied in the Alps. It was two things to cross off the list (that was 1980 or so). But even in 1969 dad's list included surfing in the Gulf of Mexico which we did.

aliceanne
01-02-2012, 02:23 AM
I came across this website last January and it really resonated with me:
http://the52weeks.com/
So I decided that I, too, would try something new every week. So many times I would walk by a restaurant and think, "that place looks nice, I should eat here" or see an ad for something and think, "that sounds fun, I should do that sometime". But half the time I would never try whatever it was.
So I started my own "52 Weeks" project and got 2 of my coworkers involved; all 3 of us made it through the year and did something new every week.
Among other things, I went to a wine tasting, became an organ donor, went dancing (by myself!) at Lincoln Center's Midsummer Night's Swing, made sock monkeys for Craft Hope, and tried a lot of interesting foods.
I was so pleased with myself, I've decided to do it again in 2012. And so I am going to kick off the year by taking part in the No Pants Subway Ride.

Do you mean you designated "organ donor" on your license, or did you actually donate an organ?

Marge_Simpson
01-02-2012, 02:25 AM
Do you mean you designated "organ donor" on your license, or did you actually donate an organ?

Neither. I don't have a license. :lol:
I joined the state registry and carry a card in my wallet; but nobody can take my organs until I'm dead. :P