PDA

View Full Version : Who would win US Nationals if Gracie Gold were competing as a senior?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

kwanatic
01-03-2012, 06:32 PM
Well I heard Gracie Gold will single-handedly come up with a solution to our energy crisis by devising a way to convert simple H2O into a 100% clean and renewable fuel. After that, with nothing but her skates and a copy of Michael Jackson's "Heal the World," she will travel around the world performing an inspirational program that will move world leaders to tears and convince them to put aside their differences and live in peace and harmony forever. After establishing world peace, Gracie will take a short break and travel to remote regions of the world where she will discover nine new species (four frogs, three birds, a fly and a llama) and over a dozen new plants, several of which will have properties to cure cancer, hypertension, restless leg syndrome, PMS, IBS and childhood obesity.

After this incredible feat, she'll head back to civilization and perfect her model for interstellar space travel. Her work with NASA in discovering new galaxies and planets (including one that's identical to James Cameron's Pandora in the movie "Avatar") will receive three Nobel prizes in a row, after which the board decides to rename it the Gracie Gold Award. BTW, she'll do all of this while attending Harvard, Columbia and Yale (at the same time) as a full-time student, maintaining a 5.0 GPA, coaching underprivileged kids, and volunteering at her local pet shelter every other evening as a cat box cleaner...

VarBar
01-03-2012, 08:03 PM
But why won't she be competing at the Senior Nationals to begin with, because of her poor result at those bloody Sectionals again?:(

Anyway, my vote went to Gracie in the poll. I promise I don't mean to put any pressure on her, it's just that I have a crush on her amazing jumps and dynamic skating.:D

purple skates
01-03-2012, 10:37 PM
But why won't she be competing at the Senior Nationals to begin with, because of her poor result at those bloody Sectionals again?:(

She is competing at senior nationals (as opposed to junior nationals, which were held in December), but at the Junior test level. According to her profile (http://web.icenetwork.com/skaters/detail.jsp?id=101391&mode=I), she hasn't passed the senior test yet so she can't compete against Czisny et al.

Reuven
01-03-2012, 11:56 PM
TEAM CAKE FOREVER!

Nah. Cake always crumbles...

UMBS Go Blue
01-04-2012, 12:04 AM
Flatt, Zawadzki, Lam, and Siraj each need at least 1 vote, y'all. :saint:

Moto Guzzi
01-04-2012, 06:47 PM
I heard she's going to land a 4A/4L combo in her fourth Olympics. And win a Pulitzer for her memoir. She's going to land the first quintuple jump, too.

Cheylana
01-04-2012, 09:25 PM
Another vote for the Kween, since her mere presence in the audience will slay the competition. :cool: :glamor:

kwanatic
01-05-2012, 01:27 PM
She's going to land the first quintuple jump, too.

Her 3-jump combo is going to be quint salchow-quad toe-triple loop.

DimaToe
01-05-2012, 06:58 PM
Her 3-jump combo is going to be quint salchow-quad toe-triple loop.

Nah, that's childs play, my money is on 5A-4A-3A :cool: , but in all seriousness, this is starting to get quite sad, we all keep pinning our hopes on a young girl with potentital to be the next US great, but when she doesn't live up to the hype that was biult up by fans, and not the girl herself, we all want to go :lynch: her. Yeah we shouldn't lose hope, but at this point were becoming "The fans who cried Kwan".

kwanatic
01-05-2012, 08:16 PM
^^I agree, that's why I found this thread so hilarious!

I think people need to chill. Gracie has good jumps and a great attitude but she hasn't done anything yet. She won one JGP...that's it. This is her first time qualifying for junior nationals and yet people are already naming her as the best bet for Soichi even though she has nothing but a JGP event and novice level experience to go on as of now; she's never even been to a senior level event. Who knows how she'll fare under the pressure of competing against the world's best?

These overzealous fans are going to kill her with pressure before she steps foot on senior ice! I know she says she won't let the pressure get to her, but that's talk coming from a young skater who has never been under the pressure before, so sure it's easy to say that now.

Just let her gain the competitive experience she needs and allow her to grow without burying her under pressure and expectation before she even gets started...that's all I'm saying.

ryanbfan
01-06-2012, 04:50 AM
You guys forgot that Dick Button will no longer be the only American with a European title in a few years.

pinky166
01-06-2012, 02:06 PM
Oh, Chips, c'mon now. Junior ladies only rule the known universe until they fcuk up.

Precisely. Christina's 117 points at COR have adjusted my expectations for her. Lol watch Gracie do the same thing at nationals...

Vagabond
01-06-2012, 09:08 PM
Precisely. Christina's 117 points at COR have adjusted my expectations for her. Lol watch Gracie do the same thing at nationals...

She'll get that in her SP. ;)

kwanatic
01-06-2012, 09:45 PM
She'll get that in her SP. ;)

No, no Vagabond. Wrong again. That 117 will be her TES for the SP! :lol:

Vagabond
01-06-2012, 09:47 PM
No, no Vagabond. Wrong again. That 117 will be her TES for the SP! :lol:

:duh: