PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever ridden in a hot air balloon?

Pages : [1] 2

Marge_Simpson
12-31-2011, 06:41 AM
Going up in a hot air balloon has been on my bucket list for ages, and I've decided that I'll take the plunge in 2012.
I am not generally afraid of heights, but I've never been up in a balloon, either. If anyone has done this, did you get wobbly or freak out?

my little pony
12-31-2011, 06:47 AM
i dont know if they are all the same. a wine festival by my house has hot air balloon rides in the summer. it was pretty gentle. they send you up with some wine and it is smooth enough to pour and drink. it is very peaceful up in the air. the landing is bumpy though and it is colder up there.

Marge_Simpson
12-31-2011, 06:54 AM
I suppose if they give you wine beforehand it will lessen your chances of freaking out.

Angelskates
12-31-2011, 07:25 AM
Yes, four times. I'm mildly scared of heights but I thoroughly enjoyed each experience.

Ozzisk8tr
12-31-2011, 07:54 AM
Going up in a hot air balloon has been on my bucket list for ages, and I've decided that I'll take the plunge in 2012.
I am not generally afraid of heights, but I've never been up in a balloon, either. If anyone has done this, did you get wobbly or freak out?

Jeez!

paskatefan
12-31-2011, 11:49 AM
Haven't done it, but would love to do it some day!

nubka
12-31-2011, 11:54 AM
Nope. You couldn't pay me to do it... :scream: :scream: :scream:

emason
12-31-2011, 01:22 PM
Yes, I did it once on vacation in Turkey. It was gentle and pleasant and the scenery was so amazing that it never entered my head to be worried or nervous. I was just so entranced with what I could see from up in the balloon that nothing else mattered. It was a great experience.

Sassafras
12-31-2011, 01:37 PM
I rode in one years ago at the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta. Very gentle ride. I don't do well with heights but had no problem.

orbitz
12-31-2011, 03:08 PM
I did a balloon flight over Luxor, Egypt last year and this year I did one in Cappadocia, Turkey. The flight itself was a non-event, smoothly up and down. The view o the landscape below is the main reason to do it.

Stormy
12-31-2011, 05:04 PM
I don't know if this counts but I did once, but it was tethered. You basically just went up and down. As someone terrified of heights, it was scary but still pretty cool.

emason
12-31-2011, 07:21 PM
I did a balloon flight over Luxor, Egypt last year and this year I did one in Cappadocia, Turkey. The flight itself was a non-event, smoothly up and down. The view o the landscape below is the main reason to do it.

Cappadocia is the one I did years ago and, absolutely, the landscape below is the reason to do it.

BittyBug
12-31-2011, 07:23 PM
I've also taken a hot air balloon ride and like mlp found it to be extremely tranquil. I had expected it to be windy since you're up in the air exposed, but I guess because you move with the wind it's actually extremely still. I'm also afraid of heights, but the basket comes up to the chest so I felt quite secure (getting in the basket in the first place was a little nerve wracking because of my anxiety about heights, but it was definitely worth it).

PeterG
12-31-2011, 07:43 PM
I slept with a real fatty boom-bah once. The thread title describes that experience. Wasn't very scenic though.

:confused:

milanessa
12-31-2011, 07:55 PM
:confused:

Don't ask. :rolleyes: