PDA

View Full Version : New Cars Recalled for Missing Brake Pads

missflick
12-31-2011, 04:43 AM
http://autos.sympatico.ca/auto-news/12807/chevrolet-sonic-recalled-for-missing-brake-pads

Oops.:slinkaway

shan
12-31-2011, 04:55 AM
"This may, of course, render your front brakes completely useless, increasing stopping distances and maybe causing a crash."

:eek:

BigB08822
12-31-2011, 05:00 AM
They better be replacing everyone's rotars as well.

MacMadame
12-31-2011, 08:02 AM
They are. (That's what the article said.)

I can't believe people are riding around without brake pads and don't notice though. Heck, notice when mine get worn down but are still usable!

danceronice
12-31-2011, 05:57 PM
Yeah, nothing important...nice job, Chevy.

Not as exciting as the BMW/RR recall headline on the 'related' scroll below, though. "Your Rolls May Light Itself On Fire."

aliceanne
12-31-2011, 06:31 PM
They are. (That's what the article said.)

I can't believe people are riding around without brake pads and don't notice though. Heck, notice when mine get worn down but are still usable!

I would think that is something you would catch on the test drive, and the salespeople would notice a trend after 2 or 3 cars were taken out. It's hard to believe anyone actually bought a car in that condition.

missflick
01-01-2012, 07:36 AM
They better be replacing everyone's rotars as well.

And the brains at the plant. (yeah I know...)

BaileyCatts
01-01-2012, 10:19 AM
I don't have this car, but lets say you are driving and your brakes go out and your car is not stopping. How do you stop the car? I drive an automatic if that makes a difference (me can no drive stick :P). Because my car has got some braking issues right now (its a '96 so it least it ain't brand new like the article), and I don't want to sink that much money into a 16 year old car. They work, but I gotta pump hhaarrdd.

MacMadame
01-01-2012, 10:33 AM
Try the parking brake.

Anita18
01-01-2012, 11:12 AM
Put the car in neutral (even in automatics you should be able to do it...I've never tried but theoretically you should be able to) and then slowly pull the parking brake. If you blow your parking brake by trying to stop the car too fast at freeway speeds, that's definitely not good. :o

I remember one time in elementary school when the school bus broke down - it was the first day of school and the bus was off-the-factory-line new. They had forgotten to put transmission fluid in it. :shuffle: It smelled like burning tires.

danceronice
01-01-2012, 04:22 PM
I would think that is something you would catch on the test drive, and the salespeople would notice a trend after 2 or 3 cars were taken out. It's hard to believe anyone actually bought a car in that condition.

My dad was actually wondering how on earth they got them on the trucks and car carriers to ship them as they're driven on...

I guess it's better than blowing the money a Volt costs and having it spontaneously combust in the garage...

MacMadame
01-01-2012, 07:28 PM
Well the announcement says if you bought one of these 10,000 cars to bring it back because it *might* not have brake pads. So maybe there was a batch where one car made it out without brake pads and when it was discovered the company decided it was safer to check them all.

Or not. :lol:

Cachoo
01-02-2012, 04:11 AM
Good God.