PDA

View Full Version : Katy Perry, Russell Brand To Divorce

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12

PeterG
01-03-2012, 04:38 AM
PeterG's sarcasm strikes again ;)

Ka-Ching!!! :D

I don't know a whole lot about Katy Perry other than didn't she do that song I kissed a girl and I liked it? Or something like that?

Yes, and apparently she released another record album after that.

:P

I wonder if she told Brand about this *before* they got married.

:lol:

Like he couldn't have checked with her before marriage whether she wanted to have kids? (And when?)

bek
01-03-2012, 04:50 AM
I'm not really sure Lady Gaga really cares so much about being sexy. Madonna has always done the whole sex sells thing. Lady Gaga seems to be selling freak. And it's obviously working.

Well obviously Lady Gaga doesn't care; but I guess if I have a choice I'll take sexy over weird freak.

KikiSashaFan
01-03-2012, 05:09 AM
Kelly Clarkson > Katy Perry, Lady Gaga and Madonna

:D

Allskate
01-03-2012, 05:42 AM
Like he couldn't have checked with her before marriage whether she wanted to have kids? (And when?)

Maybe he did check with her and then she changed her mind? When there were rumors recently that she was pregnant, she said something like, no, she wasn't ready to give up drinking. I was kind of surprised given that he is in recovery. Of course, it's entirely possible that neither her drinking nor her thoughts on children have anything to do with their split.

BigB08822
01-03-2012, 05:57 AM
Kelly Clarkson > Katy Perry, Lady Gaga and Madonna

:D

Amen!!

Kelly did a free show in New Orleans tonight and I missed it. Apparently she did a whole set list with tons of great songs. So upset I didn't go.

topaz
01-03-2012, 06:29 AM
Gaga has arguably the better trained voice, but both write and produces their own music. So I don't understand why "Gaga is a musician" and Madonna isn't. What kind of musical skills does Gaga have that Madge doesn't? So Gaga sits down and play the piano occasionally. Big deal. You can find much better piano playing all over utube by unknowns.

:lol:

What does it matter that there are better piano players on youtube than Gaga? There are better singers on the tube than Gaga and Madonna but that has nothing with do with who has the better voice between the two.

I'm actually really tired of the comparisons between the two. I wish folks stop saying Gaga is a knockoff of Madonna and just let the poor young woman be who she wants to be. She'll grow, change and prosper as an artist. Tony Bennett had some incredible, encouraging remarks about Gaga.

Madonna's voice has improved over the years, but I do think Gaga's voice is plainly better than Madonna's and Gaga is more versatile vocally than Madonna.

I'm I the only one who remembers the uproar of Madonna being chosen for Evita: The Movie :shuffle:

Which I think she did a very decent job with the songs.

Ozzisk8tr
01-03-2012, 07:54 AM
My best friends daughter played Katy's California girls endlessly one sunday at home when they were doing a daily spring clean. The mother eventually took the cd and hid it. When the daughter asked what happened to Katy my friend matter of factly told her Katy developed nodules and needed to rest.

Ozzisk8tr
01-03-2012, 08:00 AM
Gaga has arguably the better trained voice, but both write and produces their own music. So I don't understand why "Gaga is a musician" and Madonna isn't. What kind of musical skills does Gaga have that Madge doesn't? So Gaga sits down and play the piano occasionally. Big deal. You can find much better piano playing all over utube by unknowns.

:confused: I can't tell if you're being serious or not. I love Madge, and am not that crazy about Gaga but I definitely feel Gaga is way more a musician than what Madge is. Still, like Mao and Yu-Na, I can like them both.

MacMadame
01-03-2012, 08:00 AM
The fact that Gaga has talent is one of the few reasons I can stand her; over the Mileys of the music world.

I don't know. I think the fact that she has talent makes it worse when she puts out crap. The Mileys of this world don't know any better.

gingercrush
01-03-2012, 08:56 AM
I for one like the Mileys of this world. Anyway Katy Perry has released two albums and they've been successful. Big deal. Paula Abdul too has released two albums that were successful. If Perry or Gaga can release several albums and be just as relevant in 10 years then we're talking.

I'm not sure either can. Though I doubt anyone foresaw Britney Spears still being successful 11-12 years after Baby One More Time or Madonna after the nearly 3 decades she's been successful.

flyingsit
01-03-2012, 01:55 PM
Ugh, i just wish Katy Perry would disappear for at least a decade. Preferably longer. Her songs are terrible and her "singing" is worse. The fact that she had 5 #1 songs from her CD just demonstrates why the world of pop music is mostly crap.

cruisin
01-03-2012, 02:04 PM
It's funny, I remember my parents feeling this way about the Beatles and the Stones. It seems that every generation's music has fans and NON-fans :).

I would not, technically, consider myself a fan of Gaga. I don't care for the over the top gimmicks. But, I do think she is very talented. I've heard her sing without the gimmicks and she has a very good voice. I also think she is a good person. I think she is sincere in her efforts to help people who feel like misfits. She is articulate, when interviewed. And I don't get the impression that she is a booze swilling, drug using, party girl. Not trying to claim that she's never done any of that, I have no way of knowing. But she comes across as pretty straight, under all of the glam.

I never liked Madonna, I don't really know why. I've just always sensed that she's a conceited bitch. Though I do give her that she did a decent job with Evita.

Jenny
01-03-2012, 02:15 PM
I don't think Madonna would be particularly upset with people saying she's not a real musician, or at least not as good as Gaga or anyone else.

She's bigger than that - she's a star. I think for her, it's the whole package, with accolades like performing artist, icon, trendsetter and businesswoman being more important than simply singer, songwriter, player etc.

And there are plenty of people who are considered very talented without actually writing their own songs btw - or are we writing of people like Elton John, Ella Fitzgerald and countless others? And if playing an instrument means you have more musical talent than someone who doesn't, I take it everyone is a big fan of Justin Bieber, who plays several instruments quite well?

Rex
01-03-2012, 03:08 PM
Judging by when she performed at the Grammys, she can't dance either. Which makes me wonder why she wanted a career in show business :lol:

She is a walking gimmick, like so many out there today. She's not as bad as Ke$ha, whom I can't stand.

bek
01-03-2012, 04:38 PM
I don't think Madonna would be particularly upset with people saying she's not a real musician, or at least not as good as Gaga or anyone else.

She's bigger than that - she's a star. I think for her, it's the whole package, with accolades like performing artist, icon, trendsetter and businesswoman being more important than simply singer, songwriter, player etc.

And there are plenty of people who are considered very talented without actually writing their own songs btw - or are we writing of people like Elton John, Ella Fitzgerald and countless others? And if playing an instrument means you have more musical talent than someone who doesn't, I take it everyone is a big fan of Justin Bieber, who plays several instruments quite well?
Elton writes his own songs and plays an instrument. And how can you seriously compare Katy Perry to Ella Fitzgerald? Ella had an amazing voice, a real gift. What people resent is artists who can neither sing, write their own music, or play an instrument. I can respect an artist who maybe doesn't have the best singing voice in the world but writes beautiful music. And I get you will have Ella's and Christina's (unless Christina does play an instrument, I don't know). But what I can't understand or respect is people having success in this business who can neither sing, nor write etc. Or play beautifully.

And as for Justin, I may not love his music right now; and he can sing (but I find his voice grating). But I can actually respect him because he can sing and he can play instruments. Maybe as he'll grow older I'll like his music.