PDA

View Full Version : Katy Perry, Russell Brand To Divorce

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

michiruwater
01-02-2012, 06:33 PM
PeterG's sarcasm strikes again ;)

IceAlisa
01-02-2012, 06:42 PM
I don't know a whole lot about Katy Perry other than didn't she do that song I kissed a girl and I liked it? Or something like that?

Had to Google her to refresh my memory and thought this is a nice pic of her: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-R0_vjvrVePA/TbxQQAs29HI/AAAAAAAAAKI/QcqXsmlhtnw/s1600/katy-perry-800.jpg

Russell Brand is funny.

aliceanne
01-02-2012, 07:58 PM
According to an article on Yahoo he wanted her to get pregnant, but she wanted to tour while she is on top. Russell is 36, maybe he feels his biological clock ticking.

overedge
01-02-2012, 08:10 PM
And according to GMA, she is indeed saying she didn't want to file for divorce due to her parent's religious beliefs.

I wonder if she told Brand about this *before* they got married.

It seems a bit hypocritical to me, if I understand this correctly - it's OK to be divorced, but it's not OK to actually file for divorce? So the other party has no choice but to be the villain?

michiruwater
01-02-2012, 08:17 PM
I rather think it means she would have stayed married due to religious beliefs, but she can't stop him from filing (and that she wasn't happy, either). And it's not like her parents' religious beliefs (and her past as a Christian singer) aren't well-known publicly. I'm sure he knew.

And does that mean that the party who files for divorce is always the villain? I think some of the things he said were pretty ass-y, but there isn't always a villain in these situations.

topaz
01-02-2012, 08:45 PM
I consider Madonna more genuinely creative than either Katy or Gaga.

I love Madonna, she's an icon but I don't think she's more creative that Gaga. Gaga is artist and has musical skills Maddie does not possess.

Gaga and Madonna share fearlessness and business minded attitude but that's about as far the comparisons go for me. Gaga is a musician.

Perry, she's a fun singer. I've heard her sing a few shows live and she's horrible. She is very good studio produced singer.

overedge
01-02-2012, 08:47 PM
And does that mean that the party who files for divorce is always the villain?

Well, in this situation it seems they have to be, if the other party doesn't believe in getting divorced.

Aussie Willy
01-02-2012, 09:14 PM
After she released that California Girls crap, I don't understand why he married her in the first place. Dreadful song.

IceAlisa
01-02-2012, 09:18 PM
After she released that California Girls crap, I don't understand why he married her in the first place. Dreadful song.

Oh so she did this one. My niece sang screeched it at the top of her lungs for the entire two weeks of the family vacation the other summer--I HATE IT with the fire of a thousand suns. :drama:

Aussie Willy
01-02-2012, 09:32 PM
Oh so she did this one. My niece sang screeched it at the top of her lungs for the entire two weeks of the family vacation the other summer--I HATE IT with the fire of a thousand suns. :drama:
I pity you and wish a thousand poxes on your neice.

Jenny
01-02-2012, 09:38 PM

Ah, now it all makes sense. He must've married her because he liked her first CD, but when the second one came out, he realized he'd made a mistake and filed for divorce.

:rolleyes:

MacMadame
01-02-2012, 10:05 PM
Katy is in her 20s. Madge is in her 50s. Maybe Katy's music will evolve. Maybe it will not. It's too early to tell, and it's not really fair to compare the two based on where they're currently at in their lives.
Even if you compare Madonna in her 20s to Perry in her 20s, Madonna wins on the creativity front.

Gaga is way more talented than either of them,
Yes, but I didn't say Madonna was more talented than Perry but that she's more creative.

And I think you agree with me because of this:

Gaga is super derivative to the point where you can hear the song that inspired her behind her own stuff. Half the time I hear her I walk away with the other band stuck in my head.
Not only do I hear other people's music in my head when I hear hers but I just found out that Alejandro -- a song that reminds me strongly of an ABBA song about a boy with a similar name -- contains the first 10 notes from some classical violin piece repeated throughout it.

So it's not just people's imagination. The notes are there for anyone to see.

Bad Romance is about the best pop tune released in years, but that's the only song I like on that whole CD.
It's the only song of hers I really like but I think it's pushing it to say it's the best pop tune released in years. :lol:

I've just never understood why Katy gets so much more vitriol than any other current pop star.
I don't think she does. In fact, I think Lady Gaga gets TONS more vitriol than Perry.

And according to GMA, she is indeed saying she didn't want to file for divorce due to her parent's religious beliefs.
But what about HER religious beliefs?? (IOW, that's a weird way to put it.)

I love Madonna, she's an icon but I don't think she's more creative that Gaga. Gaga is artist and has musical skills Maddie does not possess.
Music skills don't make one creative. Creativity is about creating something unique and new. Music skills are a different animal. Plenty of creative people don't have any music skills at all (i.e., writers or painters who can't sing or play a note) and plenty of musicians are quite skilled but can't create new music, only play existing music.

Jenny
01-02-2012, 10:24 PM
Music skills don't make one creative. Creativity is about creating something unique and new. Music skills are a different animal. Plenty of creative people don't have any music skills at all (i.e., writers or painters who can't sing or play a note) and plenty of musicians are quite skilled but can't create new music, only play existing music.

:respec:

I also think that Madonna has been around so long that people forget what a trailblazer she was, and how much of what we now consider normal and everyday was pioneered or brought to the fore by her.

AnnieBgood
01-03-2012, 12:08 AM
Ugh. I kind of like Brand.

But Katie Perry....I despise her. But I love Britney, so I'm not sure were the disconnect is. Perhaps it stems back a few years ago when she was touring to support one of her first albums. The only reason I bought tickets was to see her opening act, the fabulous Alphabeat. But then they cancelled, some horrorshow replaced them, and Katy's performance was even more of a horrorshow: bad singing voice, boring, yucky attitude.

/rant off ;)

Good taste! I lurve Alphabeat.

jadingirl
01-03-2012, 12:33 AM
I read somewhere years ago that Katy Perry was suppose to be the American version of Lily Allen. She was suppose to have that edgy pop sound with I Kissed A Girl. I like a few of her songs but don't actual own any of her music.