PDA

View Full Version : Katy Perry, Russell Brand To Divorce

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

MacMadame
12-31-2011, 02:24 AM
Given how many people were telling her to run before the marriage, I'm not surprised.

screech
12-31-2011, 04:20 AM
I don't think all the blame can be laid on him - he's been very open with his addictions, and we don't know that they had anything to do with the failure of the marriage. "Irreconcilable Differences" does not mean "I can't help but try to shag everything in my path while drinking everything in a bottle." It could quite easily just mean that things weren't working out. Which sucks, because I liked them together.

And while it may be odd, and no, I don't find him attractive, I do think there's something really weirdly sexy about him and I have no idea what it is or why I feel that way.

CarolineL
12-31-2011, 04:35 AM
For me it is listening to him talk. He has an amazing command of words and I could listen to him tell stories all day.

According to the Daily Mail he was sick of her partying as he is no longer in that phase of his life

gingercrush
12-31-2011, 04:37 AM
Meh I see Katy going a bit Britney. Don't like her and unlike Britney there is nothing redeeming about her either.

screech
12-31-2011, 05:35 AM
According to the Daily Mail he was sick of her partying as he is no longer in that phase of his life

I actually believe that. I remember when they were engaged, he was on Leno (I think) and was asked about whether he'd do something like go to Vegas for his bachelor party. His reply was something like "I'm a recovering alcoholic and sex addict. There's nothing for me to do in Vegas."

luenatic
12-31-2011, 06:06 AM
The sanctity of marriage...

VIETgrlTerifa
12-31-2011, 06:09 AM
To me, she's the creepy one between the two and that's saying a lot. That said, my perception is that he seemed a thousand times smarter/more interesting from the bits and pieces I heard of these two.

vesperholly
12-31-2011, 06:58 AM
To me, she's the creepy one between the two and that's saying a lot. That said, my perception is that he seemed a thousand times smarter/more interesting from the bits and pieces I heard of these two.

Agreed. His standup show "Scandalous" from the O2 in London left me with the impression that he's really quite smart (and hilarious).

victoriaheidi
12-31-2011, 07:04 AM
I'm a little sad because I really liked them as a couple, but I can't speak for how they are in private.

Ziggy
12-31-2011, 07:54 AM
Based on these two statements, my previous opinion that Brand is an ass has not changed.

Well apparently she was the one who wanted to party and he was the more sensible type (not surprising given his past) who didn't approve of Rihanna's EVILLE influence. ;)

But then I don't know why I even said that given that 99% of the gossip you read is precisely that. Gossip.

Maybe it's all a ploy to get her frightfully awful latest single to #1 so she can break even more records.

I hope that's one hollow pop vessel that is going to sink soon because I won't be able to bear much more of her "music."

orbitz
12-31-2011, 03:14 PM
To me, she's the creepy one between the two

Why would you say that? Katie's adorable; She looks like the All-American, cheerleader, corn fed, milk drinking girl next door type, albeit one with very nice cleavage :D.

Rex
12-31-2011, 04:42 PM
Hmm, maybe he decided to do a little PR in advance to lessen the impact of what he was planning.
Sounds manipulative, but in divorce, everyone circles their wagons I guess. I know more about him than I do about her, other than the fact that I'm not a fan of her music or fashion sense.

And yeah, orbitz, her girls are impressive.

BigB08822
12-31-2011, 05:40 PM
I read this morning that the divorce is amicable but that she did not want to file because her parents are Evangelical Christians and would frown upon her filing for divorce. I call BS on that one. Firstly, it was being reported yesterday that she was "blindsided" by the divorce and secondly, divorce should be the least of her parents worries by now. Katy lives the rock star life and performs in barely there clothes. I think she does more than enough to upset her parents because of their beliefs.

VIETgrlTerifa
12-31-2011, 06:36 PM
I read this morning that the divorce is amicable but that she did not want to file because her parents are Evangelical Christians and would frown upon her filing for divorce. I call BS on that one. Firstly, it was being reported yesterday that she was "blindsided" by the divorce and secondly, divorce should be the least of her parents worries by now. Katy lives the rock star life and performs in barely there clothes. I think she does more than enough to upset her parents because of their beliefs.

I remember reading a few excerpts from her Rolling Stone interview where she rationalizes her overtly sexualized image and being a Christian. I sort of rolled my eyes a bit because she was obviously trying to play the "virgin slut" role.

Cherub721
12-31-2011, 07:03 PM
I remember reading a few excerpts from her Rolling Stone interview where she rationalizes her overtly sexualized image and being a Christian. I sort of rolled my eyes a bit because she was obviously trying to play the "virgin slut" role.

I find her to be the most fake pop star ever, and that's saying something. She was originally a Christian singer, but that didn't work out, so she comes out with "I Kissed a Girl" because that was what would get attention at the time. And she pretty much jumps on whatever bandwagon is hot at the time (for example "ET" looks to be a song based on the Twilight craze of supernatural love).