PDA

View Full Version : Ready for the NCAA gymnastics season to start?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

rudi
12-29-2011, 07:54 PM
We are. :)
I have to check out my listings to see what is being televised this year.

The UF Gators "Meet the Team" event is next Sunday. My daughter wants to go, so I will probably make the drive from Orlando. I would like to try to get to at least one meet this year too, as we went to our very first one live last year and really enjoyed it.

BigB08822
12-31-2011, 07:11 PM
Yes! LSU kicks off competition next week at the Cancun Classic. I hate when the girls come back with horrible tans and dread locks. I'm looking at you, April Burkholder.

Jayar
12-31-2011, 08:45 PM
Boise State!!!!

rudi
12-31-2011, 10:00 PM
...I hate when the girls come back with horrible tans and dread locks. I'm looking at you, April Burkholder.

LOL!

(I didn't even know that there was such a meet as the Cancun Classic. That's pretty cool.)

I just hope that everyone's leos fit them (not specifically LSU, but every team!) That is my NCAA gymnastics pet peeve: wedgies.

FSfan107
12-31-2011, 11:57 PM
I'm going to the Florida vs. NC State meet this upcoming Friday. I'm excited for the college season to start!

rudi
01-02-2012, 03:41 AM
I'm going to the Florida vs. NC State meet this upcoming Friday.

Awesome! Please let us know how it is.

Fridge_Break
01-03-2012, 11:25 PM
Now that I am living in Gainesville, I am going to try to go to some of the UF meets here. I want to take Mr. Fridge Break and see how he likes them, but I don't know if the "Meet the Team" event is the best choice considering he is one of those ever spirited competitive people. I think a dual meet would be a lot better. :P Either way, hopefully we will be able to make a few of them!

And as always, I will be keeping an eye on what Michigan State has to offer this year. It's bound to be better than the last, where their #1 AA'er went out with a paralyzing injury... :( Looking forward to seeing what Alina Cartwright brings to the team. She's got one of those vaults that could score a 10.0 if she sticks.

Theatregirl1122
01-05-2012, 06:16 AM
I am totally ready! I went to the Maize vs. Blue scrimmage in the fall and it was fun. Couldn't tell too much about how the team is doing (although they are still falling off beam) but the event was very nice.

Michigan will be competing in two weeks against Ohio State and I will totally be there!

Fridge_Break
01-06-2012, 05:34 PM
Today's the day!!!

Here's the meets on today's schedule:

6pm EST: Centenary @ Western Michigan
6pm EST: Washington @ Michigan State
7pm EST: Florida @ NC State
7:30pm EST: Denver @ Georgia
8pm EST: Cancun Classic - LSU, Auburn, Iowa, Arizona, Arkansas, San Jose State
9pm EST: UC Davis @ Arizona State
10pm EST: Cal @ Sac State

:rollin:

BigB08822
01-06-2012, 08:24 PM
Can't wait to see what kind of crap LSU puts out for the season opener. lol I say that in a joking way. They always start out so slow and/or rough. Often we have more than one routine not out of a 10 or maybe only 5 gymnasts on one event for whatever reason. D.D. is smart about pacing and will not risk injury for the first meet. I applaud her for that. It is just always a throw away meet in my mind and honestly, scoring 194 would be a really good first meet score for LSU based on their past (a 195 would be like hitting 197 later in the season!).

BigB08822
01-07-2012, 04:54 AM
LSU ends up dead last or near it at the Cancun Classic. A 46 something on beam killed them. They only had 2 routines without falls. That will surely improve. I actually think there is a good deal of potential. Courville had a great meet for her first time out. We have some gymnasts with injuries who should come back in soon. I think LSU is definite NCAA top 12 potential.

Coco
01-08-2012, 12:18 AM
Is that Lau the infamous Randi Lau from Hawaii? I hope she bounces back and has a strong season. Would love to see this kid have a great NCAA career!

BigB08822
01-08-2012, 08:59 AM
Yes, that is her! No one has a clue what to expect from her as she had not competed in so long. I have no idea if she just had a really bad day or if she has a long way to go. I would expect she must look better in practice or she wouldn't have made lineups. This Friday is the first home meet and I will be reporting back with details.

Fridge_Break
01-09-2012, 10:57 PM
Did anyone get a chance to see the UCLA/Utah meet that was being streamed live? I saw the first rotation but had to get groceries after and couldn't watch the rest. UCLA's vaults were looking like you'd expect them to mid-season. Lots of 9.9's being thrown around, and just under a 49.5 for the event.. :eek: Utah had some issues on bars. Unfortunately (and I get bitter about this every single season) there was a routine that had multiple breaks, and a huge, labored handstand, and a dismount that was landed basically folded in half at the hips that scored around a 9.5 or 9.6... all I could think when the score popped up is if a gymnast from a not-as-dominant school, such as Arizona, or Kentucky, or *cough* Michigan State had done that exact routine, it would have scored about 3 or 4 tenths lower.

Anywhoozle, my rant for the day. :P Looking forward to seeing all the rest of the teams in action this weekend!

skipaway
01-09-2012, 11:54 PM
Fridge...can you post the link for live streaming? Is it on the Universities' sites or NCAAs site? Many thanks.