PDA

View Full Version : Lower Ranked Skaters

Pages : [1] 2

PashaFan
12-29-2011, 05:15 PM
There are lot's of lower ranked skaters I have loved both in the present & past.
Okay, they were lower ranked for a reason. Being inconsistent, slow across the ice, not trying as difficult moves as others & so on.
But I'd really like to find out on this thread who else loved the lower ranked skaters. Who you liked, why you liked them & the programes you remember them doing.
Some of my faves are IDORA HEGEL-The 2004 Worlds Free Skate stands out for me. She seemed like a real character. And I really enjoyed watching her.
ELENA GLEBOVA-I know she's still around but she had so much potential a few years back but seems to have stalled. Her Short at the 2009 Skate America was my fave from her.
TUGBA KARADAMIR-Always a pleasure to watch. A real positive attitude in the kiss & cry. Her Short at the 2008 Europeans was the best I saw her skate.
TEODORA POSTIC-Robin Cousins was always quite critical of this girl when he was on commentary but even though she was very inconsistent I still loved watching her. Her Free Skate at the 2006 Europeans my fave from her.
So please tell me who you liked, not just ladies skaters but all lowere ranked skaters !.

falling_dance
12-29-2011, 05:38 PM
Marion Krijgsman (21st at 1991 Worlds): I still love her "Power Cats" SP from the 1991-2 season; she had a nice 3t.
Vanessa Giunchi (2001 Italian Champion, 20th at the 2002 Winter Olympics): She brought emotional intensity and total commitment to the choreography in each of the performances of hers that I've seen. Her Bolero FS: Diva headband + Bejart-influenced choreo = winning at life.
Diane Szmiett (4th at Canadians at least once; topped 100 points in the FS at 2009 Cup of China): Beautiful edges. I find it a shame that she never medaled at Canadians.
Shoko Ishikawa (9th at 2010-1 Japanese Nationals; skated twice at NHK): An elegant skater, though I fear that the high point of her career was her Tchai Violin Concerto FS at last season's Japanese Nats and that she lacks the sheer athleticism to do much more.

briancoogaert
12-29-2011, 07:37 PM
I loved Ivana Reitmayerova in her early years.
I'm so disappointed with what she is doing these days and hope she'll be back at her best :)

Nomad
12-29-2011, 09:30 PM
I'll second Giunchi and Reitmayerova and add Paolo Bacchini, Peter Liebers, Armin Mahbanoozadeh, Fleur Maxwell, Elene Gedevanishvili, and Cheltzie Lee.

briancoogaert
12-29-2011, 09:44 PM
Fleur Maxwell :swoon:

Kasey
12-29-2011, 09:51 PM
Jamal Othman

PashaFan
12-30-2011, 10:04 AM
Marion Krijgsman (21st at 1991 Worlds): I still love her "Power Cats" SP from the 1991-2 season; she had a nice 3t.
Vanessa Giunchi (2001 Italian Champion, 20th at the 2002 Winter Olympics): She brought emotional intensity and total commitment to the choreography in each of the performances of hers that I've seen. Her Bolero FS: Diva headband + Bejart-influenced choreo = winning at life.
Diane Szmiett (4th at Canadians at least once; topped 100 points in the FS at 2009 Cup of China): Beautiful edges. I find it a shame that she never medaled at Canadians.
Shoko Ishikawa (9th at 2010-1 Japanese Nationals; skated twice at NHK): An elegant skater, though I fear that the high point of her career was her Tchai Violin Concerto FS at last season's Japanese Nats and that she lacks the sheer athleticism to do much more.

I'm so glad you said Vanessa Giuinchi. She was a great personality.
I loved her at the 2003 Europeans.
Anyone remember Tatiana Malinina?. I really liked her.
In Ice Dance Wing/Lowe.
Jennifer Robinson?. I thought she was fantastic at the World's in 02,03 & 04.
Her 2002 World's free skate was a fave of mine. A great pro skater too.
Also I was sad to see the Zaretski's retire so soon. They were getting better.

falling_dance
12-30-2011, 11:30 AM
In Ice Dance Wing/Lowe.

Seconded.

If skaters who made the top ten at Worlds can count, then I must add Susan Humphreys (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxHxzACqqqM&t=49s) to my list. Even with numerous errors, her programs during the 1995-6 and 1996-7 seasons (esp. her Acceleration Waltz SP and Mendelssohn Piano Concerto No. 1/Chopin Andante Spianato FS; sorry, neither is on YouTube :shuffle:) are, for me, eminently rewatchable. Among the virtues of her skating were excellent basics, good spring on the jumps, gorgeous camel and layback spins, and a very fine arabesque spiral for its day (though I just know there'd be some back and forth on FSU about the extension of the free leg). She's my favorite Canadian lady.

PashaFan
12-30-2011, 11:55 AM
A few others; Fraser & Lukanin (where did they go?)
I'm not sure how to spell her name-Mikkaline Kiergarrd. She was fantastic.
Galina Maniachenko.
Also in pairs, Scott & Dulhabon. I LOVED their 2000 Worlds & Four Continents Free Skate.

paskatefan
12-30-2011, 02:09 PM
Sean Rabbitt, Jonathan Cassar, Joelle Forte, Samantha Caesario

kukkura
12-30-2011, 03:55 PM
Duh. Ruh!

Jot the Dot Dot
12-30-2011, 06:44 PM
I've always liked Lucinda. Fleur Maxwell, Elena Gedevanishvili, Tuggy, Rory Flack-Burghart, and (this is going back) Josee Chouinard.

Cherub721
12-30-2011, 07:07 PM
Mikkeline Kierkegaard (in singles and in pairs with Norman Jeschke)

Suzanna Paurova (Babiakova)

Idora Hegel

Stephanie Rosenthal

Vanessa Giunchi

Anna Rechnio

Diana Poth

Silvio Smalun

Gheorge Chiper

Ivan Dinev

Stanislav Timchenko

Yamato Tamura

Vakhtang Murvanidze

Grebenkina & Azroyan

Handra & Sinek

Kulikova & Novikov

Borzenkova & Chuvaliev

Pla & Bonheur

Berankova & Dlabola

Bestandigova & Bestandig

Lefrancois & Blanchard

Spassova & Todorov

fenway2
12-30-2011, 09:50 PM
Mikkeline Kierkegaard (in singles and in pairs with Norman Jeschke) THIS. I just blogged about her yesterday. Her musicality was :swoon:

pinky166
12-30-2011, 10:00 PM
Anna Ovcharova
Rosa Sheveleva
Yretha Silete
Min-Jeong Kwak
Juulia Turkkilla

Peter Liebers
Jorik Henrick
Chafik Besseigher

Duarte/Grafton
Donlan/Speroff