PDA

View Full Version : Hated Movies You Liked/Loved

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Cachoo
12-29-2011, 05:08 PM
For me it was Ridley Scott's "Legend" with Tom Cruise and Mia Sara. For the most part, the critics did not like it, my friends loathed it but I really enjoyed the film.

What are your guilty pleasures?

Veronika
12-29-2011, 05:12 PM
Unfortunately, I can think of more loved movies that I hated than the other way around. ;) Like "The English Patient" and "Lost in Translation." :slinkaway

my little pony
12-29-2011, 05:19 PM
Teen Witch!

falling_dance
12-29-2011, 05:19 PM
Heaven's Gate (which is, at least as the 2.5 hour version I've seen, very seriously flawed :shuffle:)
Death to Smoochy (My younger brother and I laughed almost nonstop while watching this one for the first time a few nights ago.)

nubka
12-29-2011, 05:37 PM
Westworld (my mother HATES that movie, but not sure about the general public.)

BigB08822
12-29-2011, 05:57 PM
WaterWorld was a mega flop and I absolutely love that movie. I have seen it countless times. :shuffle:

I also really enjoy the Jackass movies. I have a short attention span so small little segments keep my attention and I laugh until I cry every time.

michiruwater
12-29-2011, 06:09 PM
I could probably come up with plenty, but I generally tend to be a movie snob so I am pretty aware when a movie I love is panned by the critics :D

My number 1 guilty pleasure is probably the Tomb Raider series with Angelina Jolie in them. I also love the whole Chronicles of Riddick series. Pitch Black isn't a bad film, but the second one is horrible. I love it anyway because of its relation to Pitch Black.

The first two Mummys. My friends all tend to love these, though, I just know the critics were not very big fans.

I will note I saw all of these when I was a teenager, and the fact that I can recognize some of their issues now hasn't stopped me loving them ;)

Oh, and Spice World. I watched it so many times by VHS doesn't work anymore. I can quote it start to finish, easily. Again, my friends and I were all around 8 when it came out and it's a nostalgic pleasure for probably any of my friends whom are either female or a gay male ;)

Tinami Amori
12-29-2011, 06:49 PM
I don’t know if the following movies are “hated”, but I know maybe 5 other people besides me who had seen and liked them….

“Enemies: A Love Story”
“Clerks”
“House of Sand and Fog”
“Stranger Than Paradise”
“Window to Paris”
“A Boy and His Dog”
“Portrait of Diane Arbus”
“Nostalgia”
“Color of Pomegranates”
“Seven Beauties”

my little pony
12-29-2011, 06:49 PM
i love westworld w yul brynner. is there another one?

i also really like spice world and clerks.

but like veronika, i can think of way more movies that were loved that i hate. the usher had to come over and ask me to be quiet when i saw black swan. i couldnt stop laughing.

genevieve
12-29-2011, 07:16 PM
"The Craft" with Robin Tunney and Neve Campbell. I can still recall my friend dogging me for months because I wanted to see that instead of "Clueless" :P

oleada
12-29-2011, 07:17 PM
SpiceWorld. I've seen it countless times.

Jimena
12-29-2011, 08:09 PM
Daredevil and Constantine. Universally panned. I thoroughly enjoyed them. Do I know they're not the best movies ever? Sure! Do I usually enjoy artsy independent films a lot more and scoff at typical Hollywood action/comic book movies? You bet!

And yet, I could watch those two over and over again.

Ziggy
12-29-2011, 08:24 PM
Thomas Vinterberg's "It's All About Love." (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0273689/)

Bizarre, over-the-top, trying-too-hard and universally panned by both the critics and the audiences but I absolutely love it. It's one of my favourite films and I dig the director's intentions and his message (at least as I understand them).

P.S. I forgot what the title was so I half-jokingly put "danish film but not dogma with a figure skater and flying people" into Google and the first result that came out was the IMDB link. :D :D :D

Jenny
12-29-2011, 08:29 PM
It got some critical acclaim, but also a lot of criticism and wasn't popular with audiences, particularly for the casting - but we love Sofia Coppola's Marie Antoinette.

snoopysnake
12-29-2011, 08:47 PM
snoopysnake loves snake movies such as
- Snakes on a Plane
- SSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Some of them are pretty bad, though, even for a snake lover like myself. The very worst was Snakes on a Train. (Yes, Train.) There are some very bad ones on Sci-Fi channel that make Snakes on a Plane seem like Raiders of the Lost Ark.