PDA

View Full Version : Icenetwork streaming on a tablet

Pages : [1] 2

icemusings
12-28-2011, 11:02 PM
Does anyone have a tablet that they've been accessing Icenetwork videos on? I've tried the Fire and Aconia on a variety of browsers and haven't been able to get it to work. I've also heard it doesn't work on the Ipad.

Thanks for your help!

AJ Skatefan
12-28-2011, 11:45 PM
Does anyone have a tablet that they've been accessing Icenetwork videos on? I've tried the Fire and Aconia on a variety of browsers and haven't been able to get it to work. I've also heard it doesn't work on the Ipad.

Thanks for your help!

I know it doesn't work on the ipad. Don't know about other tablets.

leapfrogonice
12-29-2011, 10:24 PM
THIS is a great question. When someone comes up with the answer, I will be very psyched.

Simone411
01-02-2012, 08:57 PM
Here's the page for the system requirements:

http://web.icenetwork.com/help/requirements.jsp

I don't know much about tablets. The requirements mention having Flash Player 10. Do tablets require Flash Player? Maybe that's what is needed in order for a tablet to work.

Simone411
01-02-2012, 09:44 PM
More info about Adobe Flash Player. Not sure what type of tablet you have, but here's some info:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.adobe.flashplayer&hl=en

phule1970
01-06-2012, 03:16 PM
I have been able to stream on the Galaxy Samsung Tab 10.1 using the Dolphin Browser. Since it is Flash based the iPad will never support, but I am surprised that the it doesn't work on the Fire since it is Droid based. Not having one, I don't know.

Here's the page for the system requirements:

http://web.icenetwork.com/help/requirements.jsp

I don't know much about tablets. The requirements mention having Flash Player 10. Do tablets require Flash Player? Maybe that's what is needed in order for a tablet to work.

maatTheViking
01-06-2012, 03:36 PM
The iPad does not support flash in their browser, Safari.

You can, however, download an app that does support it (most of them costs money). I have tried it, and it doesn't work that well for flash based browser games, I have not tried streaming video. A lot of video sites however, test the OS you are running on, not only the browser, so for instance I was not able to view NBC's Sing-Off episodes either.

Universal sports uses sliverlight, which I find vastly superior to flash in terms of video quality; however this is not supported on the iPad, and I don't think it is on android either.

can we have HTML5 soon, instead of all this mess?

euterpe
01-06-2012, 04:49 PM
My daughter and her husband are very computer savvy but could not get IceNetwork videos to work on my android at all.

However, I can access TvTeka and watch live videos from there on my android.

Alexei'sgirl
01-07-2012, 09:14 PM
I've been able to view it on my NOOK tablet through the Web application without issue.

aliona22
01-07-2012, 11:17 PM
IceNetwork needs an app for iPad. how hard could it be to order one of those? MLB.com has one. :shuffle:

MelissaG
01-08-2012, 12:03 AM
Icenetwork works for me on my Kindle Fire. What I've noticed is that, if I click on the video/stream directly before logging in and wait for the Login window to popup, well... it never happens. So, I always make sure to login first and then click on the link.

sk8pics
01-08-2012, 01:55 PM
I thought there were a couple of apps that let you play flash content on an iPad. Photon, maybe? I haven't tried any of them yet, though.

Chris_E
01-10-2012, 07:08 PM
I was able to get it to work on my Asus Transformer android tablet. I used the "Dolphin Browser HD" app and when setting up I set it to function as a "desktop". It didn't work in Full Screen mode but I was able to play it in the default player size.

icemusings
01-10-2012, 07:40 PM
Icenetwork works for me on my Kindle Fire. What I've noticed is that, if I click on the video/stream directly before logging in and wait for the Login window to popup, well... it never happens. So, I always make sure to login first and then click on the link.

This worked for me! I was having the problem trying to log in once I clicked on video, but if you log in in advance, it works just fine. Thanks!

centerpt1
01-11-2012, 01:22 AM
Works on my kindle fire, too