PDA

View Full Version : SynchroFest International Live Streaming Dec. 28 & 29

luna_skater
12-28-2011, 06:04 PM
The 2011 London SynchroFest International, featuring 8 of the top synchro teams in the world, begins tonight and will be live streamed on SkateBuzz.

Here are links to the streaming, as well as results and the event site: SynchroFest quick links (http://32blades.com/2011/12/23/2011-synchrofest-international-quick-links/)

It's been years since a synchro international (other than worlds) has been hosted in Canada, and this event marks the first time prize money will be awarded for a synchro competition--$50,000 total.

Enjoy!

minx
12-28-2011, 10:19 PM
I'm curious as to what the audience attendance will be like. I've been offered free tickets over and over again and get the feeling that they're papering the house. One of the offers came through my husband's workplace and he said, what the heck is "Synchro in the city and why are there pink shoes?". It wasn't obvious to him that it was a skating competition and he's from a skating household.

luna_skater
12-28-2011, 11:58 PM
I'm curious as to what the audience attendance will be like. I've been offered free tickets over and over again and get the feeling that they're papering the house. One of the offers came through my husband's workplace and he said, what the heck is "Synchro in the city and why are there pink shoes?". It wasn't obvious to him that it was a skating competition and he's from a skating household.

It didn't click for me that it's a reference to "Sex in the City" until just this week. :shuffle: I'm not entirely sure why they decided to go with two names for the competition (SynchroFest and Synchro in the City), but I'm just happy the event is taking place, and I can watch live from my couch! :)

minx
12-29-2011, 01:10 AM
I liked Russia Paradise out of the first flight. Nice spiral sequence choreography.

Prince Charming? Oh jeez.

shan
12-29-2011, 01:54 AM
I find white costumes difficult to see on the ice.

waltzonice
12-29-2011, 05:41 PM
Does anyone know what happened to Les Supremes' score? It looks like Skate Canada posted a revised score card and now Les Supremes are in 5th place (they were previously in 4th).

luna_skater
12-29-2011, 07:02 PM
I don't know the reason for the revision, but there is an explanation of the rules surrounding scoring corrections here: http://32blades.com/2011/12/29/haydenettes-lead-synchrofest-after-short-program/#more-634

waltzonice
12-29-2011, 09:42 PM
Thanks Luna. Someone explained it on FB Synchroboards (http://www.facebook.com/SynchroBoards#!/SynchroBoards?sk=wall&filter=1):

There was an input error in the score of Les Supremes. They were given a C3 instead of a CSS3 which is a 2 point difference.
Really miss the old SB.

maija
12-29-2011, 09:53 PM
Go Rockettes!

shan
12-30-2011, 01:34 AM
I liked the team from Finland! (Rockettes?)

:rofl: at the music combination from the Russian team (Paradise). Lady Marmalade/El Tango de Roxanne/Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend.

Erica Lee
12-30-2011, 06:00 AM
^All the songs are from Moulin Rouge.

(Wonder if they got their inspiration from W&P's FD last year?)

shan
12-30-2011, 06:11 PM
^All the songs are from Moulin Rouge.

(Wonder if they got their inspiration from W&P's FD last year?)

I'm not familiar with that soundtrack. It's good to know that it's not some random songs spliced together, although I was :huh: and then :lol: when I thought it was.

Thanks for the info. :)