PDA

View Full Version : Kenney Center Honors Tonight

Pages : 1 [2]

Cachoo
12-28-2011, 10:09 PM
I loved the Barbara Cook and YoYo Ma tributes. To see all of those Broadway "divas" together honoring Cook was moving. And Ma's tribute was pitch perfect---it is not just that he is a brilliant cellist---it is his adventurous spirit. Of course I don't see him riding his cello over the falls anytime soon. (Colbert was funny and I think he should host the Oscars sometime.)

orbitz
12-29-2011, 01:53 AM
Wow, Glenn Close and Patti Lupone on the same stage together :eek:. I wonder if Pati still has any grudges against Glenn for taking the lead in Sunset.

Anne Hatheway sounded great. Can't wait to see her in Les Mis.

Satellitegirl
12-29-2011, 02:05 AM
I watched it last night as well. Great great show. Loved the Yo-Yo ma and Meryl Streep bits the most.

peibeck
12-29-2011, 02:16 AM
Wow, Glenn Close and Patti Lupone on the same stage together :eek:. I wonder if Pati still has any grudges against Glenn for taking the lead in Sunset.

Read Patti LuPone's auto-biography. The answer would be yes. :lol: I don't think she's overly fond of Streep either, based on that book. Of course Andrew Lloyd Webber gets the biggest bashing. ;)

Jimena
12-29-2011, 02:45 AM
If anyone can find a link to the Yo Yo Ma tribute, please post it or PM me. I'd love to see it!

soxxy
12-29-2011, 02:58 AM
If anyone can find a link to the Yo Yo Ma tribute, please post it or PM me. I'd love to see it!

Here's the first half, at least:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-ki930kFP8