PDA

View Full Version : Which Was The Greatest Performance Of A Program By A Ladies Singles Skater Ever?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]

briancoogaert
01-10-2012, 12:03 PM
Imagine what a competition the 92 Olympics would have been if Ito had done her performances from the 89 or 90 Worlds (or 89 NHK), Harding her performances from the 91 Nationals or 91 Skate America (minus the fluke double axel fall in the short at SA), and Yamaguchi her performances from the 92 Nationals. People were predicting it to be maybe the greatest ladies competition in history but instead it was a flop Yamaguchi winning easily with one of her worst long programs ever (she cringed sometimes in interviews while speaking about it), and Kerrigan getting the bronze with one of her worst long programs as well. Almost the whole field was dissapointing, only youngsters like Yuka Sato and Lu Chen had great personal competitions, and a journeywomen like Karen Preston.
In fact, imagine what competitions would be if all skaters skate at their best !
IMO, 1994 and 1998 were good examples of girls fighting and doing their best. 2002 would have been amazing if all skaters had delivered their best, but it was not the case. :)

PashaFan
01-10-2012, 12:12 PM
I would like to add this one to the list :) She didn't even win but that was one of my favorites performances EVER.

Tanja Szewczenko (GER) - 1997/1998 Champions Series Final, Figure Skating, Ladies' Free Skate

http://youtu.be/FWxeqEPrPek

I love that programe !. She had an amazing season (Nations cup & NHK Trophy) also the European bronze. It's a pity she had to return home ill from the Olympics.
Also Vanessa Gusemeroli's free at the Euro's & World's in 2000. She should have won bronze in both that year.

Jarrett
01-10-2012, 05:24 PM
I love that programe !. She had an amazing season (Nations cup & NHK Trophy) also the European bronze. It's a pity she had to return home ill from the Olympics.
Also Vanessa Gusemeroli's free at the Euro's & World's in 2000. She should have won bronze in both that year.

I agree! :kickass: