PDA

View Full Version : Adam Lambert arrested in Finland

Pages : [1] 2

Finnice
12-23-2011, 12:30 PM
Pop-star Adam Lambert spend the night between Wednesday and Thursday in jail in Helsinki, Finland. Lambert, who dates the Finnish BB-star Sauli Koskinen, had come to Finland to spend Christmas with Sauli and his family. The young men got in the fight in a popular Helsinki gay bar Donīt Tell Mama. Both were arrested and spent the night in jail, but are now released, and there will be no charges.

We Finns are ofd course so happy and proud to have an internationally famous son-in-law.;)

allezfred
12-23-2011, 12:42 PM
Now that is rock & roll. :lol:

MINAM
12-23-2011, 01:09 PM
The young men got in the fight in a popular Helsinki gay bar Donīt Tell Mama.
LOL!!!!!

Moka-Ananas
12-23-2011, 01:40 PM
This is beyond awesome on all levels :lol:

milanessa
12-23-2011, 01:47 PM
:rofl:

BigB08822
12-23-2011, 04:32 PM
Is domestic violence OK if it is between two men? I can't imagine the reactions would be the same if Adam had gotten into a fight with a woman. I am not being all sensitive here, I found the event funny myself, but I do think a double standard of sorts exists.

Fridge_Break
12-23-2011, 04:37 PM
Oh my god :rofl: I can't stop laughing at the name of the bar!

orbitz
12-23-2011, 04:43 PM
Is domestic violence OK if it is between two men? I can't imagine the reactions would be the same if Adam had gotten into a fight with a woman. I am not being all sensitive here, I found the event funny myself, but I do think a double standard of sorts exists.

Was it really domestic violence or was it just two people who got into a fight in a bar? I think it's being treated the same as if it was a fight between any two men, or any two women or any two of the same sex. Now a physical fight between a man and a woman would have been treated more seriously because of the perceived strength advantage the man has over the woman.

cailuj365
12-23-2011, 04:49 PM
Listening to his new single after reading this article makes it a whole lot more :rofl: and :eek:

Domestic violence is never okay, no matter if it's between a man or a woman, two women, or two men.

In this case though, it wasn't really violence. More like a heated lover's spat exacerbated by alcohol. These are his tweets from his yesterday:

@adamlambert:
Jetlag+Vodka=blackout. Usũblackout=irrational confusion. jail+guilt+press=lesson learned. Sauli+Adam+hangover burgers= laughing bout it.

Violence is not to be taken lightly. Embarrassed by drunkenness. No punches thrown, no injuries and no charges. Media always exaggerates.

vesperholly
12-23-2011, 05:57 PM
Was Lambert fighting with Koskinen, or that they were fighting with others? Not domestic violence if they were fighting with others.

Spinner
12-23-2011, 06:00 PM
Oh, gays...

cailuj365
12-23-2011, 06:01 PM
They were fighting with each other. They weren't hitting each other though and no one was hurt.

Finnice
12-23-2011, 09:03 PM
Was Lambert fighting with Koskinen, or that they were fighting with others? Not domestic violence if they were fighting with others.

Sorry that the first post was unclear, they were fighting with each other. And indeed, domestic violence should not be tolerated at all, even if it happens in a public place.

DTM (Donīt tell mama) is the leader of the GLTB scene in Finland. Very trashy in a very good way.:glamor:

BigB08822
12-24-2011, 12:52 AM
Thanks for clarifying that no one was hit. All the media outlets left that bit out of their reports. They made it sound like punches were thrown and lots of scratching ensued.

PeterG
12-24-2011, 03:42 AM
Pop-star Adam Lambert spend the night between Wednesday and Thursday in jail in Helsinki, Finland. Lambert, who dates the Finnish BB-star Sauli Koskinen, had come to Finland to spend Christmas with Sauli and his family. The young men got in the fight in a popular Helsinki gay bar Donīt Tell Mama. Both were arrested and spent the night in jail, but are now released, and there will be no charges.

They were fighting with each other. They weren't hitting each other though and no one was hurt.

So in Finland, if you raise your voice to another person, you spend the night in jail? Harsh!!! :eek: