PDA

View Full Version : Browning Reunites with Cancer Survivor

Pages : 1 [2]

Scrufflet
04-26-2012, 08:43 PM
Love love love these stories! During Battle of the Blades, Dick Button was there and he must have been feeling a little off. He was on the ice at the end, looked wobbly and guess who quietly went over and steadied him in a way that most wouldn't have noticed. I did because I have terrible balance.

I'm going to SOIToronto next week and I really really want to meet him and get a picture! I think I'm about the only person in the world who hasn't met him! I love all the skaters but I really want him at Meet & Greet.

Yazmeen
04-26-2012, 09:15 PM
I have never heard one thing about Kurt Browning that suggests he is anything less than a totally classy, caring, and kind person. Not to mention one hell of a skater and innovator. First rate, all around. :D

essence_of_soy
04-26-2012, 09:21 PM
More and more, it's not about medals, but reading moving stories like these, that make skaters champions. Kurt sounds like an amazing, grounded, guy.

essence_of_soy
04-26-2012, 09:23 PM
I was there and remember it as well - it was a very compassionate, classy thing for Kurt to do.

I was at Canadians in '94 high in the stands and those fireworks were overwhelming. Even Michael Slipchuck was covering himself when he skated. I'm so relieved Kurt was there to make sure she was okay.

AragornElessar
04-26-2012, 09:24 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again...

His Parents did a good job. :)

nyrak
04-27-2012, 11:39 PM
Could I love my Kurt any more?

Aussie Willy
04-27-2012, 11:55 PM
I had a Kurt moment at Worlds in 98. He had finished doing the autograph signing and come off the stage. I hadn't gone because I had my skates on without blade guards (they had a temporary rink). I has asked the security guard if I could get an autograph and they said just see how he was when he got off. Anyway he was more than happy to sign for me and when I spoke to him his comment was "Oh I miss that accent" (referring to my Australian accent). One of his best mates was Cameron Medhurst. It really made my day. Just a naturally really nice person.

sk8pics
04-28-2012, 01:49 PM
I remember meeting Kurt once years ago after some pro-am event in Washington, DC. He'd been patiently signing autographs and posing for pictures with fans for quite a while and he needed to go. But he signed my picture and flung his arm around me for a somewhat goofy picture, the last one he took that night. Very nice of him.

demetriosj
04-28-2012, 01:51 PM
He's a sweetie! Have never heard one bad thing about him.