PDA

View Full Version : "Ice Age"-The Battle of Stars on Ice

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

sunhillow
12-30-2011, 12:22 AM
Well, I don't speak Russian and I don't do Facebook but obviously I am on the same wavelength as Averbukh. Hurrah! :) I like this format a lot, it sounds like it will be great fun. :P

Regarding Laura's comments on the jury - I am pleased that the judges are all from the skating world and I hope that means they will be strong and give their honest opinions and scores, not be intimidated to fall into line with whatever Tarasova wants. If that were to happen then the ladies part of the competition would just be a battle for second place behind T.N. (who I think is a fantastic skater btw and would be difficult to beat even without jury favouritism).

Paul

vivika1982
12-30-2011, 01:59 AM
Regarding Laura's comments on the jury - I am pleased that the judges are all from the skating world and I hope that means they will be strong and give their honest opinions and scores, not be intimidated to fall into line with whatever Tarasova wants. If that were to happen then the ladies part of the competition would just be a battle for second place behind T.N. (who I think is a fantastic skater btw and would be difficult to beat even without jury favouritism).

Paul

Well, according to TAT nobody is like T.N. and she is "a national treasure" so it would be difficult to beat her . I gave up on the scores,judging and etc. in those kind of shows.Not that some scores are unreasonable but those shows are based on public rating and i strongly doubt that they would let World or Euro Champions to win over Olympic Champions :rolleyes: and is so predictable . However, one thing is sure; Averbukh's Ice Shows woke up the interest in FS in some regions.

Kasey
12-30-2011, 02:12 AM
Well, of those skating, Totmianina and Marinin are Olympic (and World/Euro) champions as well ;) (Yeah, I know, Totmianina isn't the "national treasure" that Navka supposedly is....)

vivika1982
12-30-2011, 06:30 PM
Hope dies last .Maybe this year will be different ;) and more thrilling with the new kids on the ice and the new "RSOI meets DOI" group of judges.

Kasey
12-30-2011, 07:12 PM
:) will be hoping for fair judging as opposed to reputation judging (just like I do with ISU events!)

lauravvv
12-30-2011, 07:42 PM
Well, of those skating, Totmianina and Marinin are Olympic (and World/Euro) champions as well ;) (Yeah, I know, Totmianina isn't the "national treasure" that Navka supposedly is....)Unfortunately, Totmianina doesn't have that "diva" power which Navka has - I admit that. The same could be said about Berezhnaya. To win in those shows, a skater has to have two qualities - to be an Olympic champion, and to be a good performer/have enough charisma to draw the audiences. Those who fit with those criteria are Yagudin, Navka and also Kostomarov. Marinin has proved himself as a good performer in the last two seasons, so now he is favoured more than before. Unfortunately, "diva" power and charisma without big titles can only get a skater so far - Drobiazko, Tchernishev and Staviski (who, while two times world champion, competed for Bulgaria and has other sins a s well) can get good places, but, most likely, will never win. I think the same applies to Khokhlova.

But it's not just Tarasova who decides all of that - of course, Yagudin and Navka are really her favourites, but it's also what the 1st Channel wants. So, I am not so sure if Tchaikovskaya, Bestemyanova and Bobrin being in the jury will help that much. After all, they are very probably influenced by the same things -1st Channel's policy and big titles + charisma.

Kasey
12-30-2011, 09:13 PM
Just looking forward to watching these skaters play! (especially once the partner switching starts up; it should be fun!)

Moka-Ananas
12-30-2011, 09:42 PM
Looking forward to see how TAT and Tchaikovskaya are going to get along :lol:

vivika1982
12-30-2011, 10:08 PM
Looking forward to see how TAT and Tchaikovskaya are going to get along :lol:

:lol: Lets hope nothing like :argue: or :drama:

smileyskate
01-01-2012, 10:29 PM
Thanks for the info. Are there any vids yet of the rest of the skating couples?
There used to be a message board (in Russian) where fans would comment on the show. I think it was from the TV station's site. If it's available again & anyone has the link, I'd appreciate it. Thx and happy new year everyone!

Nan
01-04-2012, 06:34 PM
Are there any vids yet of the rest of the skating couples?

A little commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgCfEs1yhMk&feature=player_embedded

vivika1982
01-04-2012, 10:45 PM
Thank you Nan :)
About the message board i am not sure if there is one for the new show but here is the link for the last Ice Age.
http://www.1tv.ru/ice3/ .
I looked at the Chanel One TV program for the first two weeks and there is nothing about the new Ice Age so maybe it was postponed.

And while we are waiting ; an article with photos of the hosts and two more examples of the performances .
http://kp.ru/daily/25814.2/2792590/

Domnina/Shabalin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsjR8Y-CTXk
Petrova/Tikhonov
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNF4b4duvCA

and with litle nostalgy
Khokhlova/Novitzki-"Not a pair"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5nIy0GfAi4

Kasey
01-05-2012, 03:17 AM
It says at the end of the article (the one about Yagudin/Slutskaya being the presenters) that it is to be on channel 1 on January 21st

nuge
01-05-2012, 10:24 AM
Shabalin looking good there skating faster than at the olympics :lol:
Miss Domnina love her short hair :)

vivika1982
01-06-2012, 08:41 AM
It says at the end of the article (the one about Yagudin/Slutskaya being the presenters) that it is to be on channel 1 on January 21st
Thank you.I miss this part :yikes:

I tried to translate the article.

We’ll see again the famous champions in ice show

First, ice shows on TV were a novelty. Then, when Ilya Averbukh put on skates almost all pop stars, viewers began to talk, that even though ... "Stars on Ice," "Dancing on Ice," "Ice and Fire" are catching and so on and so on. - How much can you do? The last show thundered down in December 2010. It seemed forever. But ... Averbukh came up with something new.

This time he has managed a new project with only professional skaters. Ilya called under his banner all the colors of figure skating - Tatiana Navka and Roman Kostomarov, Tatiana Totmianina and Maxim Marinin, Oksana Domnina and Maxim Shabalin, Albena Denkova and Maxim Stavisky and many many others. Moreover, Albena Denkova and Oksana Domnina recently become mothers, but for the sake of a new project instantly got in shape and returned to the ice.

Averbuch invited as hosts /presenters Alexei Yagudin and Irina Slutskaya. By the way, Irina became recently a sports columnist in Channel ONE and even managed to get a reward "for a good start in a new profession." And Alexei Yagudin because of the new job went to school - he takes stage speech lessons from the professionals.
And the jury in the "professional version" of the ice project will also contain only skaters. For the first time in same project and side by side at the judge's table will see the outstanding coaches Tatiana Tarasova and Elena Tchaikovskaya. Along with them, the performance of the participants will be evaluated by Igor Bobrin, Natalia Bestemyanova and Anton Siharulizde.

And what is the salt of the new project? Navka will skate with Kostomarov and Domnina - with Shabalin ... It turns out in somewhat Russian figure skating championship from almost a decade ago. And that's how: twenty participants of '’Cup professionals'’ will form ten pairs. But the pairings during the project will change around. So today Tatiana Navka is skating with Roma Kostomarov tomorrow - with Petr Chernyshev, and in the next episode - with Alexei Tikhonov. As a result, each partisipant seeks to collect as many points in its own asset. Performances are evaluated by judges on a six point-system separately for technique and artistry. The overall total score obtained for a pair presentation, becomes an asset of each member of the pair. So after all the performances, will be determined the best female and male partners who would become the winners of the show.

See "Cup of the professionals " 21 January /21.20, First Chanel

Congrats to Irina Slutskaya on her new position and reward.

http://www.1tv.ru/news/sport/193571

http://www.1tv.ru/person/6329