PDA

View Full Version : Can Sinitsina & Zhiganshin win Gold at the 2014 Olympics?

Pages : [1] 2

Maofan7
12-19-2011, 03:52 PM
Was very impressed by Sinitsina & Zhiganshin in the junior grand prix. But what would be a realistic objective for them come the 2014 Olympics? Can they beat Virtue and Moir & Davis and White to the Gold? Or is Silver or Bronze or a position outside the medals a more realistic objective?

Sylvia
12-19-2011, 03:54 PM
Golden Skate article after their JGP Final win: Sinitsina and Zhiganshin look to Sochi and beyond (http://www.goldenskate.com/2011/12/sinitsina-and-zhiganshin-look-to-sochi-and-beyond/)

~tapdancer~
12-19-2011, 04:05 PM
If D/W and V/M are still in it, gold is out of the question, imo.

Miruna
12-19-2011, 08:24 PM
I don't see them making a big splash soon. They are a good team, but they skate so similar to Bobrova/Soloviev! They need their own style, right now, they are a very good team with nice lines, speed, twizzles, but they are not memorable. I enjoy Stepanova/Bukin much more for now. Unfortunately she grew a bit too much for him, and this is not a good thing with COP.
(I still have a tiny little hope that Ilinykh/Katsalopov finally skate to their potential.)
Gold and silver for 2014 are locked. The bronze will be a battle between W/P, P/B and the Shibs. Right now, the french are my pick but they need the bronze medal at Worlds.

shan
12-19-2011, 08:53 PM
I like them and think they have great potential. I enjoyed their Samson/Delilah FD last season, but am :yikes: at how they break at the waist when doing crossovers for speed this season. I don't remember this being an issue last season. It is so distracting. Until I read the GS interview I didn't realize that they shared coaches with Bobrova/Soloviev. :scream:

Vash01
12-19-2011, 09:03 PM
May be 2018?

Macassar88
12-19-2011, 09:15 PM
Wait... They did Samson and Delilah the year before Phantom? They really are D/W clones!

Macassar88
12-19-2011, 09:18 PM
But maybe 2018

caseyedwards
12-19-2011, 11:50 PM
they're not going to get +3 GOE on any element they do even remotely well or 10's in PCS like DW and VM do if they are both still in the competiton. Judges have made their views known and against DW and VM nobody can win anything.

kwanfan1818
12-20-2011, 12:07 AM
I expect Monko/Khavialin to be formidable rivals, assuming they recover from what ailed them this GP season.

Proustable
12-20-2011, 12:52 AM
M/K will be at Russian Nationals, I believe.

Miruna
12-20-2011, 08:03 AM
I like M/K better! I saw them live last year and they are truly great! Hope they make Euros/Worlds, though the chances are slim.

Domshabfan
12-20-2011, 08:30 AM
I like M/K better! I saw them live last year and they are truly great! Hope they make Euros/Worlds, though the chances are slim.

If M/K are going to B/S's position are the Europeans I don't might them M/K on the European team. Hopefully they are not going to replace I/K or R/T for the spot.

love_skate2011
12-20-2011, 08:30 AM
Sinitsina and Zhiganshin have potential
although I like Monko and Khaliavin better, hope for a quick recovery soon.
they are more talented and have great chances to medal in 2018 but not 2014
:)

IneZR
12-20-2011, 09:00 AM
I think they are very talented, but they need to change coaches if they want to make Russian National team next year. Kustarova's teams are usually very dominant in juniors, but she lacks 'something' to make her teams successful in seniors. Look at Bobrova/Soloviev: they were so promising back in 2008, but they are only getting worse and worse with every season and they are already losing to Shibutanis and Weaver/Poje - not even top couples in their countries. I won't be surprised if B/S lose to Cappellini/Lanotte at Euros.

I don't want the same destiny for Sinitsina/Zhiganshin, because I see a lot of potential in them, so I hope they make the right decision by changing coaches (Krylova or Zhulin would be a perfect choice!).

Having said that Sochi gold is out of the question for Viktoria/Ruslan, since there is too little time left: I'll be extremely happy if they establish themselves as Russia's No 3 team in the next two seasons and somehow skate to a 6-th-7-th place finish at Sochi Games. That would be a huge success for such a young team.