PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir Thread #13 (mach two): S'Wonderful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

iggie
12-29-2011, 01:11 AM
i wonder how this will be acknowledged beyond a little note on the isu website because according to everything in the media, tessa and scott lost the fd and are sore losers for feeling like they had it in them to win that fd... plus, the loss confirmed once again that funny face wasn't good enough.

sequins
12-29-2011, 01:45 AM
The ISU says they made a mistake in the FD calculation and T/S actually won it: http://isu.sportcentric.net/db/isu_front/news_item.php?id=985

Wow! At first I thought okay what's the catch.? it's not April 1st. I thought it was a joke but wow that's good they admit it. At least it didn't affect the final outcome. I hope that would never happen, it would be:yikes:.
But anyhow :cheer2:

P.S. Those photos from TEB are stunning. Fabulous work!

bbkenn
12-29-2011, 05:33 AM
Is that error on the GOE of the combination lift a .50 increase in the TES or the PCS part of the score? As I recall, Scott was unhappy with the lower PCS in the FD and losing because of that, rather than the TES, but maybe I'm wrong. So, one could argue that the fall in the SD did cost them the GPF title, as they've been consistently marked well in the SD, and with the correct score on the combination lift, they've also been marked the best with the FD. I wonder if Tracy Wilson would change her comments, now that she realizes they actually won the FD against what is considered a "better" FD from D&W? This just will make worlds even more interesting doesn't it. Maybe it's not a forgone conclusion that D&W will win worlds?

victoriaheidi
12-29-2011, 05:49 AM
This is OT and probably already mentioned, but I wonder if Tessa and Scott would skate to something from The Artist? Just got back; loved the film, LOVED the score. I know they've done similar things before, but it would be so cool.

shan
12-29-2011, 05:58 AM
Is that error on the GOE of the combination lift a .50 increase in the TES or the PCS part of the score? As I recall, Scott was unhappy with the lower PCS in the FD and losing because of that, rather than the TES, but maybe I'm wrong. So, one could argue that the fall in the SD did cost them the GPF title, as they've been consistently marked well in the SD, and with the correct score on the combination lift, they've also been marked the best with the FD. I wonder if Tracy Wilson would change her comments, now that she realizes they actually won the FD against what is considered a "better" FD from D&W? This just will make worlds even more interesting doesn't it. Maybe it's not a forgone conclusion that D&W will win worlds?

The only place I've read that D/W winning worlds as a foregone conclusion is on this thread. ;)

bbkenn
12-29-2011, 05:58 AM
The ISU says they made a mistake in the FD calculation and T/S actually won it: http://isu.sportcentric.net/db/isu_front/news_item.php?id=985

Where did you see this? This is amazing that you even found it.
Thanks for sharing.

bbkenn
12-29-2011, 05:59 AM
The only place I've read that D/W winning worlds as a foregone conclusion is on this thread. ;)

I agree, but also read it in the D&W thread, but whatever. I was speaking to the doubters that V&M could not win this year with the FF program.

Shayii
12-29-2011, 06:03 AM
That's interesting, I'm not trying to be cynical or pessimistic at all, but this was just a hunch that I got. Even without the 1 pt deduction that T/S got as a result of the fall, I still think D/W would have had a few points over them. And I also feel that if it wasn't for the 5 pt lead D/W had in the SD, the point difference in the FD would have been greater in favor of D/W.
bbkenn it was on the ISU homepage.

victoriaheidi, what is the artist about. If it has any romantic feel to it, I don't think they should do it cuz a lot of people seem to think every FD they've ever done has a lovey dovey theme and that that's the only theme they are capable of.

bbkenn
12-29-2011, 06:19 AM
"That's interesting, I'm not trying to be cynical or pessimistic at all, but this was just a hunch that I got. Even without the 1 pt deduction that T/S got as a result of the fall, I still think D/W would have had a few points over them. And I also feel that if it wasn't for the 5 pt lead D/W had in the SD, the point difference in the FD would have been greater in favor of D/W."
Sharij

Why, I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say?

shan
12-29-2011, 06:31 AM
I agree, but also read it in the D&W thread, but whatever. I was speaking to the doubters that V&M could not win this year with the FF program.

I missed those posts, but then it has been kind of a crazy GP season. :) I would disagree with anyone who said that V/M couldn't win with their current FD.

Shayii
12-29-2011, 06:52 AM
"That's interesting, I'm not trying to be cynical or pessimistic at all, but this was just a hunch that I got. Even without the 1 pt deduction that T/S got as a result of the fall, I still think D/W would have had a few points over them. And I also feel that if it wasn't for the 5 pt lead D/W had in the SD, the point difference in the FD would have been greater in favor of D/W."
Sharij

Why, I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say?

I'm sorry I guess I'm saying I feel D/W would have won anyways even if T/S had not fallen in the SD. Even if it had been close in the SD, then D/W would have won the competition anyways by scoring significantly higher in the FD. But I don't know it's just how I felt, I have nothing to base this on.

pani
12-29-2011, 04:08 PM
I'm sorry I guess I'm saying I feel D/W would have won anyways even if T/S had not fallen in the SD. Even if it had been close in the SD, then D/W would have won the competition anyways by scoring significantly higher in the FD. But I don't know it's just how I felt, I have nothing to base this on.

I think his what all this D-W FD PR made. Before GPF we read a lot off times about masterpice D-W FD, saw very high marks ect. But in reality both FDs had the same score at GPF (before recalculation). And difference in components score was vey small. So i dont think judges think D-W is much better, then FF.
I think judges have problems with V-M SD.

Golightly
12-29-2011, 05:59 PM
I think judges have problems with V-M SD.

You mean at GPF or in general? I don't know, I have a hard time believing that judges have a problem with V-M's SD and not D-W's, at least not performance-wise. It is true, however, that the fall rattled them and it affected the whole program, even if the first BIG mistake came before the fall with Tessa not showing that edge.

pani
12-29-2011, 06:11 PM
I think V-M had not such a high marks in SD at TEB.

Emdee
12-29-2011, 06:50 PM
Pani,

Think back to Olympic year. VM will improve as they go through the season. D&W tend to stagnate after GPF.

A girl can hope!