PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir Thread #13 (mach two): S'Wonderful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

ddtpdx
01-25-2012, 05:45 PM
does anyone have or know of photo galleries for canadian nationals that i could feature on my blog? pm me or leave it here.

(i would credit you for the find)

you should be able to get a few by searching google images for 'virtue moir 2012 canadian championships'

this will pull up more than just canadian championships, but you should be able to tell at least for some of them that they were from the canadians rather than from other competitions (by looking at costume, background, medals around their necks).

iggie
01-25-2012, 05:54 PM
thanks everyone. so far i have a mix of professional and fan photos. ice-dance.com doesn't yet have their senior dances up.

http://compulsorydances.blogspot.com/2012/01/gallery-for-spring-championships.html

VarBar
01-25-2012, 06:16 PM
But wasnt this part something special? A lot off people before talke they wush to see crazy Audrey more. Now they didnt show something different from others, no?

Don't know, Pani, but if I were Tessa and Scott, I would listen to the judges and what they want to see, so I would keep the new version of Funny Face would I get the feedback that the judges like it better than the previous one.:)

iggie, have you seen this gallery?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24291681@N08/sets/72157628930249019/

pani
01-25-2012, 06:19 PM
I wish Tessa and Scott stop thinking about feedbacks fron different sides, thinking all time about points and show what they want and try to have standing ovations :)

Golightly
01-25-2012, 06:48 PM
I wish Tessa and Scott stop thinking about feedbacks fron different sides, thinking all time about points and show what they want and try to have standing ovations :)

I just... don't get you? Weren't you the one complaining about the lack of transitions and how this choreography was so terrible and how they should do something like add more transitioning to close the gap between them and DW? Anyway, I am happy with the changes. They are subtle, the dance is still there and the beauty remains. As for the SD, I am not altogether against that lift at the end. If performed right, it could be really, really great.

elle123
01-25-2012, 06:59 PM
I just... don't get you? Weren't you the one complaining about the lack of transitions and how this choreography was so terrible and how they should do something like add more transitioning to close the gap between them and DW? Anyway, I am happy with the changes. They are subtle, the dance is still there and the beauty remains. As for the SD, I am not altogether against that lift at the end. If performed right, it could be really, really great.

I agree with the SD lift comment. It seemed like they were fighting for the position but I think it will improve. I do think that the program itself has lost some of its latin flavour, although Tessa did say after the SD that she felt a little robotic after the twizzle error.

aka_gerbil
01-25-2012, 07:22 PM
I agree with the SD lift comment. It seemed like they were fighting for the position but I think it will improve. I do think that the program itself has lost some of its latin flavour, although Tessa did say after the SD that she felt a little robotic after the twizzle error.

Not to mention that they both seemed off before they even started the program. I don't think it was the twizzle that made the rest of the program off; I think it was they were off to start with, which factored into the twizzle error.

maharbabackward
01-25-2012, 07:37 PM
Off or not, the end of that Temptation part is very empty.. glaringly empty. And then the Mujer Latina comes on very abruptly,and seems like they have very little time to complete two required elements. I really think the TEB & GPF versions were fine, and should be kept as uninteresting lift and all. Otherwise shorten Temptation, and add more time to Mujer Latina so they are not rushing to fit the two elements in and the end seems very abrupt as well coming out of the lift (the twist into it worked very well IMO)

pani
01-25-2012, 08:03 PM

Maybe most of all i wish to see them happy. It was amazing to see them in Finlandia, when skating for them was pure pleaser. And at SC they had there own moment. :)

Not to mention that they both seemed off before they even started the program. I don't think it was the twizzle that made the rest of the program off; I think it was they were off to start with, which factored into the twizzle error.

Maybe you know more, then we all know? I am happy they look more close after FD

aka_gerbil
01-25-2012, 08:17 PM
Maybe you know more, then we all know? I am happy they look more close after FD

I definitely don't know anything more than the rest of you. I was just going by the video.

iggie
01-25-2012, 08:37 PM
Don't know, Pani, but if I were Tessa and Scott, I would listen to the judges and what they want to see, so I would keep the new version of Funny Face would I get the feedback that the judges like it better than the previous one.:)

iggie, have you seen this gallery?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24291681@N08/sets/72157628930249019/

I did see that one, thanks

jl22aries
01-26-2012, 10:32 AM
Just caught up on the fd and thought it was beautiful. I loved the crazy audrey part, but I like the changes as well and think the fd in its current state will carry them to the worlds just fine. I am a little reluctant to watch the sd, reading the commentary here, so I might just avoid it.

pani
01-26-2012, 11:08 AM
My favorite Yankee polka
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBHfEiTRPSI

I wish if -S still compete. they will skate something like this, but not simply sweet typical polka :)

DORISPULASKI
01-26-2012, 01:07 PM
The sheriff/madam polka and the pirate paso doble were 2 of my favorite Delobel / Schoenfelder programs.

I too am hoping the skaters branch out and do some interesting polkas!

marbri
01-26-2012, 01:08 PM
I don't think it matters that much how their polka is, it's all about the FD.