PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir Thread #13 (mach two): S'Wonderful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

sequins
01-22-2012, 07:21 PM
I guess. Unless in practice maybe it looked....good:slinkaway

iggie
01-22-2012, 07:23 PM
pj did say that it looked fabulous in practice.

alice73
01-22-2012, 07:35 PM

I'd love to see a video of that practice.;)

aka_gerbil
01-22-2012, 07:44 PM
Yep!

And Lauren Senft used to compete against V&M in juniors.

And there have been several articles in the past in which they talked about how Tanith, Lauren, and Meryl, along with Brooke Castile, were all so close...

I'd love to see a video of that practice.;)

Me too.

Carmen Ovsiannikov
01-22-2012, 07:56 PM
I guess. Unless in practice maybe it looked....good:slinkaway

Well that could be part of the problem right there. I always think it unfortunate, a bad move when any skater/team uses a program that needs to be skated at 200% in order to look good. With the original version of the SD, IMO before and after Scott's fall at the GPF it still looked good. The fall didn't completely ruin the feel of the program and the choreography.

I agree that team V&M should go back to the original version of the SD but after all the post GPF fuss and V&M feeling that they needed to change both programs would they relent and return to the version that worked best in the first place?

marbri
01-22-2012, 08:27 PM
Do they usually do full run-throughs at competition practices? Just wondering how much people saw to judge how fabulous it was and how much was just positive spin. How could the not see how empty the Temptation section is now?

aka_gerbil
01-22-2012, 08:30 PM
Do they usually do full run-throughs at competition practices? Just wondering how much people saw to judge how fabulous it was and how much was just positive spin. How could the not see how empty the Temptation section is now?

Good question.

The only thing I've seen/read about the SD practice were those tweets of PJ Kwong's. It doesn't seem like anyone was there to give a full inside scoop on the practice session.

Rafter
01-22-2012, 08:37 PM
I wonder if there's any chance that V&M would do their SD in the exhibition today to try and get another run of it in front of an audience and to get the kinks out.

aka_gerbil
01-22-2012, 08:46 PM
I wonder if there's any chance that V&M would do their SD in the exhibition today to try and get another run of it in front of an audience and to get the kinks out.

I'd like to see them try that. It would also mean that they wouldn't be doing "I Want to Hold Your Hand" again. I love that program, but I'm ready for something else, anything else.

Canadask8er
01-22-2012, 08:58 PM
I also found it odd that they didn't get higher marks than the GPF for their FD... however looking at the protocols I also notice the level 3's and the deduction. Maybe it's a signal from the judges that there are things to fix before 4CC and World's and that they aren't invincible! Maybe it's the push they need!!

What is all this talk about V/M leaving their coaches? I will admit I wasn't going to filter through this huge thread to see where this talk started. Is it just Internet talk stirring rumors?? Why would you leave the best coaching team in ice dance right now? Can you imagine the pressure Igor and Marina face trying to create new programs for their amazing teams to give something fresh to the audience and the judges?

I sometimes don't even log onto these sites anymore because it's just back and forth banter and rumors with no backing behind them....

DORISPULASKI
01-22-2012, 09:16 PM
The assistant tech caller was Lauren Senft, former Canadian competitor and daughter of Jean Senft. It's just crazy to me that V&M can get all level 4s at the GPF and score over 112 points but at their own nationals they are stuck with some level 3s and a score of 111. WTF? :rolleyes:

Is that the Senft that used to skate with Gislaison, and who beat V&M some time during juniors or novices, which inspired a thread in GSD that went on for forever, about how people couldn't believe S&G beat V&M? I had never heard of either at the time. The same Gislaison went on to skate with Morgan Matthews in the US.

I don't really know the whole story with what Igor said but I wondered if he hung his hat on D&W because he was never sure if V&M would even continue onto Sochi but I always felt too that Marina is more supportive and I do believe she loves them and tries her best. Maybe Marina should split from Igor;) Oddly enough their latin FD is my fave program they've done and last year when we were all begging them to keep the music who knew this would happen? Again I still really like/love both programs win or lose.

If they are referring to Igor's interview by US television at Skate America about D&W, he said D&W's one dream was to win a gold medal in Sochi (having won a WC, a US Nats, and a GPF)

He did not say they were a shoo in for Sochi, or that it wasn't also every other team's dream to win a gold medal in Sochi, as well as V&M's dream to win a second OGM at Sochi.

I've always felt that people were reading too much into that interview.

iggie
01-22-2012, 10:07 PM
rod black, in reviewing the dance, said that v/m looked subdued at their scores. tracy said that they weren't happy with them. nationals is where you have a send off and launch the teams into the worlds and they didn't get it. she spoke to scott an he still thinks that they can improve in order to get the world title.

remember this is nationals. the scores are supposed to be so crazy high that no one is supposed to take them seriously. no one is expecting any sort of objectivity. it's just a love fest. so to see judges give such low or average marks to tessa and scott is :(.

Rafter
01-22-2012, 10:15 PM
remember this is nationals. the scores are supposed to be so crazy high that no one is supposed to take them seriously. no one is expecting any sort of objectivity. it's just a love fest. so to see judges give such low or average marks to tessa and scott is :(.

It's the technical caller/s. So perhaps Skate Canada should rethink assigning Rock Lemay and Lauren Senft to future Canadian championships. It is RIDICULOUS that V&M are scoring higher internationally than they are in front of their own judges.

aka_gerbil
01-22-2012, 10:23 PM

Exactly. Nationals is a time of OTT scoring before the big end-of-the-year competetions. The judges certainly tried with the PCS and GOE, but the tech panel was showing no love.

For all the talk that you can't compare scores between events, blah, blah, blah, it still happens. Tessa and Scott needed the huge score here.

It's the technical caller/s. So perhaps Skate Canada should rethink assigning Rock Lemay and Lauren Senft to future Canadian championships. It is RIDICULOUS that V&M are scoring higher internationally than they are in front of their own judges.

I would think so. Honestly, it's not like having a relative on the tech panel, but I do think it's at least a gray area sort of conflict of interest with Senft. Even taking the competition history out of the equation, there have been several articles in the past talking about how she, Tanith, Meryl, and Brooke Castile were so close/BFFs. So, one of her best friends is skating with the boyfriend of one of her other best friends and their closest competitors or V/M. She may be just a little biased there.

Rafter
01-22-2012, 10:26 PM
BTW, the tech callers didn't have any hesitation throwing out high levels to Gilles & Poirier despite their newness together and somewhat shaky footwork sequences in the FD.