PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir Thread #13 (mach two): S'Wonderful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Rafter
01-22-2012, 06:34 PM
Did Tracey's voice sound a little shaky to anyone else? She seemed kind of emotional after that skate (and getting a little annoyed at the lack of appreciation of the dance).

Yes, I thought so too.

I'm glad she is being very outspoken about the fact that V&M are being fully appreciated for their quality of skating.

Rafter
01-22-2012, 06:36 PM
Yeah I doubt they would leave Z/S to go to K/C because that would mean even more top skaters in the same group. I heard some people saying that they thought Platov might be a good idea. I don't know much about his coaching though.

I don't think Platov has the political clout. I'm repeating myself here, but if Marina & Igor can coach V&M, D&W and the Shibs (and Chock & Bates), why can't Camerlengo & Krylova coach V&M, P&B and W&P?

aka_gerbil
01-22-2012, 06:39 PM
I don't think Platov has the political clout.

Not only that, but aren't there rumors that he doesn't even do politics?

On another note, I'm also glad to hear Tracy speaking up on V/M's behalf.

Rafter
01-22-2012, 06:39 PM
I just don't see there being outside choreography if they stay in Canton.

I agree. I doubt Marina's ego could handle that.

alice73
01-22-2012, 06:40 PM
I like the improvements to the fd. . . the sd is another thing. I'm not sure what feedback they were getting but from looking at the scoresheets, was their lift in the sd not getting good GOEs? I guess it all boils down to personal preference, which could be said for the judging panel.

I feel like they've let their frustration take over and they're starting to care ONLY about the marks instead of just building (Although with the CoP I understand it is an important aspect). I see changing things that they consistently get poor feedback about (like the curve lift in the fd), but some of their changes seem unwarranted. But then again, I have no idea what feedback they have gotten so my opinion doesn't really have merit I guess haha

On a sidenote, one thing that I've started to realize is that although CoPs has really been great for the advancement of the sport, I feel like it also handicaps artistry a bit. Everyone is so worried about the points, I feel like sometimes they have to sacrifice artistry in order to maximize on points. Which is a real shame.

They won't beat D/W with the new SD even if they skate it cleanly. The middle section looks empty and the new lift seems out of place. They were getting good scores with old SD, even higher than D/W, up until GPF. They need to go back to old SD and practice it to perfection, like they did the Olympic OD. Then present it to the judges, and the scores should go up. They can do this at 4CC. They may still lose SD to D/W but their ultimate goal is gold at the Worlds anyway.

Rafter
01-22-2012, 06:44 PM
Tessa and scott are great no doubt but don`t forget they have a 10 year partnership advantage on weaver and poje and to be honest i find andrew poje a more convincing latin dancer than scott moir.

Why the bandwagon jumping, sliver98? Or should I call you "fair weather fan"?

If I recall, less than two months ago you were raving about V&M and talking about Skate Canada politiking for them to get the gold over the overrated D&W.

aka_gerbil
01-22-2012, 06:44 PM
They won't beat D/W with the new SD even if they skate it cleanly. The middle section looks empty and the new lift seems out of place. They were getting good scores with old SD, even higher than D/W, up until GPF. They need to go back to old SD and practice it to perfection, like they did the Olympic OD. Then present it to the judges, and the scores should go up. They can do this at 4CC. They may still lose SD to D/W but their ultimate goal is gold at the Worlds anyway.

One of the most perplexing things to me is why were there all the changes to the SD to begin with. I'm the one repeating myself now, but most people for most of the season thought that V/M had the advantage when it came to the SD. The problems at the GPF were due to a fluke fall by Scott. I know they hadn't been getting the levels on some of the things, but the way to fix that is to train, train, train, and train some more, not overhaul the program and turn it into a mess.

Bournekraatzfan
01-22-2012, 06:49 PM
still trying to catch up on all your posts. I just wanted to post in defense of ~tapdancer~: I don't think that post about Tracy W was meant to be snarky. Trust me, I am sick and tired of some obnoxious D&W ubers posting nasty (and ridiculous) things in here, but I really do not believe ~tapdancer~ belongs to that group. I also visit the D&W thread, and ~tapdancer~ has always recognized how great V&M are.

HSGP21
01-22-2012, 06:56 PM
What I think is absolutely CRAZY is that Virtue & Moir are getting higher marks *internationally* than at home. Who is this Rock Lemay anyway (tech caller). The assistant tech caller was Lauren Senft, former Canadian competitor and daughter of Jean Senft. It's just crazy to me that V&M can get all level 4s at the GPF and score over 112 points but at their own nationals they are stuck with some level 3s and a score of 111. WTF? :rolleyes:

Isn't Lauren Senft one of Tanith's (aka charlie white's girlfriend) best friends?? Don't think it made an ounce of difference...stiring up controversy for the sake of stiring up controversy :) I just love how small and incestuous the skating world is. Judging will never be perfect! (Their skating, however, pretty darn close!)

sequins
01-22-2012, 06:57 PM
Why the bandwagon jumping, sliver98? Or should I call you "fair weather fan"?

If I recall, less than two months ago you were raving about V&M and talking about Skate Canada politiking for them to get the gold over the overrated D&W.
Funny I was just thinking the same thing. What happened to the love?;)

One of the most perplexing things to me is why were there all the changes to the SD to begin with. I'm the one repeating myself now, but most people for most of the season thought that V/M had the advantage when it came to the SD. The problems at the GPF were due to a fluke fall by Scott. I know they hadn't been getting the levels on some of the things, but the way to fix that is to train, train, train, and train some more, not overhaul the program and turn it into a mess.

I hear ya and it's worth repeating. So he fell, they seemed to brush it off, then all heck broke loose. I repeat listen to the feedback from the whole season, go back, take the program from the begining and use it making subtle changes or keep it the way it was even if it's silver, and there's no guarantee it will be,it's still a great program, I liked it. But what happened here this week in NB is NOT the answer.

Bournekraatzfan
01-22-2012, 06:57 PM
I am not convinced they will leave Marina just yet. I think she gave them two solid programs this year. I agree with Tracy in that what they do is underappreciated (their detail, their precision, the ease with which they dance in hold, etc.) and I am not so sure Marina could have anticipated this...I mean, I agree that the changes to the SD were not very good, but I she did give them a good program to begin with. I understand what people are saying about Igor backing D&W more, but I still think they have Marina's support. Having said that, I would be happy to see them work with an external choreographer.

alice73
01-22-2012, 06:59 PM
I agree. I doubt Marina's ego could handle that.

I agree chances are slim to none Marina will let them use outside choreo. It's just that they don't have many options of finding another coach. It would be ideal for them to combine current coaching with fresh choreo. I just want them to make some kind of change, and if that means leaving Canton completely, then let it be. Marina created many memorable programs for them, but seeing this new SD made me sad for T/S. It should be a dream come true to choreograph a Latin dance for a team with this much talent. This program simply doesn't do them justice.

sequins
01-22-2012, 07:06 PM
I don't really know the whole story with what Igor said but I wondered if he hung his hat on D&W because he was never sure if V&M would even continue onto Sochi but I always felt too that Marina is more supportive and I do believe she loves them and tries her best. Maybe Marina should split from Igor;) Oddly enough their latin FD is my fave program they've done and last year when we were all begging them to keep the music who knew this would happen? Again I still really like/love both programs win or lose.

Rafter
01-22-2012, 07:18 PM
Isn't Lauren Senft one of Tanith's (aka charlie white's girlfriend) best friends??

Yep!

And Lauren Senft used to compete against V&M in juniors.

alice73
01-22-2012, 07:20 PM
I don't really know the whole story with what Igor said but I wondered if he hung his hat on D&W because he was never sure if V&M would even continue onto Sochi but I always felt too that Marina is more supportive and I do believe she loves them and tries her best. Maybe Marina should split from Igor;) Oddly enough their latin FD is my fave program they've done and last year when we were all begging them to keep the music who knew this would happen? Again I still really like/love both programs win or lose.

I like the old SD. They just need to skate lights out of it. Up until Nationals I also thought Marina was supportive but after seeing the changes to SD, I have serious doubts about her. She should've never let them present this mess to the judges. She should know better.