PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir Thread #13 (mach two): S'Wonderful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

alice73
01-22-2012, 04:46 AM
I think Zhulin would give his eyeteeth to get them.

alice73, guess what - they were dinged on the twizzles for levels. It's not Marina's fault Tessa touched down. I assure you. I agree, they made changes to the program to make it more exciting. It didn't work. It happens. I don't want it to happen. The lost level on the lift was because again, they skated it poorly.

Why didn't they get level 4 on the fw and thumba pattern? It's the middle of the season already.

aka_gerbil
01-22-2012, 04:50 AM
I think Zhulin would give his eyeteeth to get them.

Agreed. He seems to love them, plus I do think he would be a good technical coach. He did wonders for P/B's technique, IMO. Also, he and Usova were considered some of the best compulsory dance skaters ever, which might come in handy for those pesky CD patterns in the SD. Also, he doesn't seem entirely allergic to outside choreography.

Where is Platov based?
And who would they go to outside NA?

I think he's still in New Jersey. If not there, somewhere in that general area of the US.

In addition to Zhulin, the one that immediately comes to mind is Zazoui in France.

Rafter
01-22-2012, 04:51 AM
Well, we're going to start by marking Morozov and Linichuk off the list, obviously. ;) (I'm winking, but I also mean it seriously.)

If Zhulin were still in North America, I think he would have been a good technical coach for them, with Dean doing their choreography (something he would have done for himself and Jayne).

I don't know that Tom Dickson has coached any dancers, but that's one possible option, if offbeat. I'm not sold on Krylova/Camerlengo (sp?) as the way to go, just because they already have W/P and P/B.

If Marina and Igor can coach v&m, d&w and s&s, then why can't Camerelengo and Krylova coach v&m, p&b and w&p. I see no difference. Personally, I think Camerlengo is the best choice. Not only is he a creative genius, Tessa and Scott would still be close to London, her school and her physio.

I just hope they make the change.

alice73
01-22-2012, 04:52 AM
Sorry about typos. I meant "rhumba pattern".

Shayii
01-22-2012, 04:54 AM
My prediction: Virtue Moir stay in Canton for the rest of their eligible career.

Yea I don't think they're going anywhere or are even thinking about going anywhere else.

iggie
01-22-2012, 04:54 AM
new interview from pj

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJeRcc37LPU&feature=g-u-u&context=G2b3d641FUAAAAAAABAA

sequins
01-22-2012, 04:56 AM
I just watched it, GORGEOUS! I don't know how you can not watch that and think brilliant. When they are on they can sell me anything they are so damn good at what they do. I agree with Tracy in one sense I don't think the judges appreciate them as much as they should. I like the changes and the new lift and can't wait to see it with a few more miles on it. At least some people showed up today to appreciate it. They did look happier but still a bit confused. So I just say go back to the SD you had with maybe a few adjustments and do FF like this and love every minute of it and we will too & who gives a flying fig what the judges do.

I know this will sound cheesy but I have to say I watched it with my mom tonight and she has watched skating for years but doesn't follow the drama or behind the scenes. She just watches and enjoys what she enjoys and she loves V&M FF. It's her kind of music, from her kind of movie and it's just pure bliss to her. Sometimes I envy that, to just watch and enjoy and not know about the changes or the coaches etc. but tonight I did feel it. That performance was pure bliss.

W&P were wonderful as well but as someone said they're just are not on the same level but they're great I love them. I haven't seen the rest but looking forward to watching G&P.

aka_gerbil
01-22-2012, 04:56 AM
If Marina and Igor can coach v&m, d&w and w&p, then why can't Camerelengo and Krylova coach v&m, p&b and w&p. I see no difference. Personally, I think Camerlengo is the best choice. Not only is he a creative genius, Tessa and Scott would still be close to London, her school and her physio.

I guess the thing that makes me a little apprehensive about it all is that W/P are the next closest to them in Canada, and I'd like them to get away from having to skate every single day against the next closest competitor (from their country in this case). As an aside, going back to the 90's, I've never been sold on it necessarily being a good idea for every practice day to be a competition...

I do give you that it would be close to home, Tessa's school, and her physio.

I hear you on the just hoping they make the change though.

Proustable
01-22-2012, 04:59 AM
Why didn't they get level 4 on the fw and thumba pattern? It's the middle of the season already.

Recall that Tessa had a surgery 15 months ago, and was contemplating one eight months ago. Then remember that what Tessa's currently doing is changing her stroking method in order to be able to skate more powerfully without hurting herself. Now, when someone changes their jumps, they often struggle with the correct technique in a way they didn't with the flawed technique. In the long run, correcting the technique is the right move. That could inhibit her ability to get the levels, and if she can't, they can't.

alice73
01-22-2012, 05:00 AM
If Marina and Igor can coach v&m, d&w and w&p, then why can't Camerelengo and Krylova coach v&m, p&b and w&p. I see no difference. Personally, I think Camerlengo is the best choice. Not only is he a creative genius, Tessa and Scott would still be close to London, her school and her physio.

Camerlengo would love to work with them. He choreographs for skaters all over the world, not only the ones that he and Angelica coach. I too hope they would consider making a change.

Proustable
01-22-2012, 05:07 AM
Okay. Lets look at the judges marks

1. Of the judges, only one didn't give them a ten. He gave two 9.5s, two 9.75s and one 9.25. I know, atrocious.

2. One judge gave them straight tens. That is 10.0 in every single component score.

3. Their score for interpretation? 9.96. Yep.

4. Three of their elements score straight +3s - the final two lifts and their twizzles. The rest were 2s and 3s.

5. Seriously, guys, they got hit by a tough technical panel. They worked on improving the little transitions and lost a bit on the levels. Losing a CLEAR edge in the footwork here or there, putting down a lift too soon, these things cause loss of points. Give them the levels and they get the timing right on whatever lift it was, they score 4.5 points higher. They score 116.11

6. A perfect score is 118. They cannot go higher than that. So tell me, how did the judges undermark them? Do people feel the technical panel robbed them? Show me.

Macassar88
01-22-2012, 05:08 AM
Kind of wild idea, but what if they went to Ingo Steur for choreo? I don't think he's ever done dance choreo, but his choreo for S/S is really intricate and interesting and a lot of the moves in the field they do are derived from dance.

aka_gerbil
01-22-2012, 05:10 AM
Kind of wild idea, but what if they went to Ingo Steur for choreo? I don't think he's ever done dance choreo, but his choreo for S/S is really intricate and interesting and a lot of the moves in the field they do are derived from dance.

It's getting late, but I sort of love that idea at the moment.

The big problem isn't so much finding them a choreographer. It's the coach.

Lissa
01-22-2012, 05:12 AM
I like the program but still no matter how many times I watch it, it's lacking something to make it totally spark.

It's too soft & there are so many more things they could be doing imo throughout the program, I just think the choro is lacking this year.:confused:

Proustable
01-22-2012, 05:12 AM

Love it.