PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir Thread #13 (mach two): S'Wonderful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

marbri
01-22-2012, 03:16 AM
tapdancer, knock it off.

HSGP21
01-22-2012, 03:18 AM
Program is up on TSN: http://www.tsn.ca/figure_skating/story/?id=385739 I loved it! Tracy is right, the detail is amazing.

Would I be concerned if they were doing this program in an olympic year, maybe... in a mid-olympic-cycle year, I think it's pretty darn fun and I am glad they enjoy doing it.

~tapdancer~
01-22-2012, 03:19 AM
tapdancer, knock it off.
Not doing anything.

DFJ
01-22-2012, 03:22 AM
Did Tracey's voice sound a little shaky to anyone else? She seemed kind of emotional after that skate (and getting a little annoyed at the lack of appreciation of the dance).

marbri
01-22-2012, 03:23 AM
Program is up on TSN: http://www.tsn.ca/figure_skating/story/?id=385739 I loved it! Tracy is right, the detail is amazing.

Would I be concerned if they were doing this program in an olympic year, maybe... in a mid-olympic-cycle year, I think it's pretty darn fun and I am glad they enjoy doing it.

Yes, I think they just need to rethink the changes to the SD and then just skate the hell out of them as best they can and just see where it falls. And come out swinging next season.

jobelle
01-22-2012, 03:31 AM
As a fan who generally prefers D/W to V/M I just want to say that I'm really enjoying this FD this year. I wasn't thrilled with it initially but it is really growing on me and I find that I enjoy it more and more each time. I'm appreciating the beauty in their skating so much. I like the subtlety of this FD and find that it is a nice contrast to the theatricality of P/B, the power/sweep of D/W, and the emotion of W/P.

Oh ... and I adore the way Tessa styled herself today with the hair/makeup. She looked stunning!

soxxy
01-22-2012, 03:37 AM
Did Tracey's voice sound a little shaky to anyone else? She seemed kind of emotional after that skate (and getting a little annoyed at the lack of appreciation of the dance).

Yes, I think she's frustrated very much about the judging, specifically the tech panel insofar as they didn't give level 4's to the two footwork sections.

bbkenn
01-22-2012, 03:39 AM
Why wouldn't she say that? She's just worried about their chances for getting their WC back. To say "undermarked" and "underappreciated" makes sense. She knows that it's far from a given that they will cruise past D/W at Worlds.

She's never said V&M would cruise past D/W at worlds and has always been complimentary towards D/W, so I don't know why you would make such a snarky comment.

iggie
01-22-2012, 03:40 AM
they still trust marina and igor --

“We’re happy to be where we are, we’re right on track,” said Virtue. “We’re healthy and we’re training really well. We have a whole plan in mind and we’re going to peak at the right time. There’s a lot of strategy behind that.”

The Olympic champions said they were feeling a lot of pressure this week and it showed in Friday’s short dance when Virtue made an uncharacteristic mistake on a twizzle. They won their fourth national title — they were out with injury last year — with a score of 180.02. Kaitlyn Weaver and Andrew Poje of Toronto were second with 174.53.

They made it clear there’s a lot more in the tank.

“We wanted to go out there today and show we’re the best in the world,” said Moir. “We want to set ourselves apart from everyone else, not just here, worldwide. We want to show that. But you can’t go out there and try to accomplish absolutely everything. You have to take it one step at a time.”

http://www.thestar.com/article/1119313--ice-dancers-moir-and-virtue-looking-sharp-on-road-to-worlds

It was a little bit of a gruelling week for us, there's a lot of new stuff in our programs, the pressure of competition was pretty intense actually for us this week. But we came out today and skated really well, and we're extremely happy with the growth of that program."

"Given the last few seasons we've had, we're back in the position where we have a lot more expectations and we're putting a lot more pressure on ourselves," Virtue said. "It's not just getting through the program or hoping we can make it to the end. We expect a lot of ourselves and at this point in the season, we want almost perfection. We have to welcome that pressure, because we're so happy to be in that place."

http://www.tsn.ca/figure_skating/story/?id=385739

m_chenning
01-22-2012, 03:48 AM
Not sure what you mean by that. But I'll just leave it at that since I know you don't mean D/W. :scream:

Sure, I'm not. :) They are just good mates. I mean situation in general, why Marina and Igor who consider themselves as "parents and friends" acting like it's real sabotage towards T-S. And I don't want to see Tessa in tears anymore like after SD. All season long coaches can't find why T-S have levels 3 for the pattern and fix it. (with M-C it was not problem even if I can see the all their imperfection, and yes I can enjoy their skating :) ) , all season we see disappointing faults and so on. Why? You always can say it's because M-C better. But I don't think so, with all respect. You know I like M-C, enjoy them, but my love with V-M :)

I hope you understand me :)

alice73
01-22-2012, 03:56 AM

Just watched FD and yes, Tracy definitely sounded emotional. She genuinely loves V/M and feels they are not getting the respect they deserve. IMHO, their coaches aren't giving them the respect they deserve, mostly in their SD. The changes to FF were subtle enough so it didn't get ruined like the SD was. I still prefer the old version of the first lift in FF. It may've not been perfect but it was unique. The new lift looks a little more generic.

bbkenn
01-22-2012, 04:00 AM
I just saw it and thought it was the best they've ever skated it. Fantastic. Don't know what the judges were seeing and which lift was too long, but as a fan, I was so, so happy to see them skate the lights out of that program. Very satisfying and wonderful. I want them to go back to the old SD, and just skate will all their hearts and they'll be fine.

purpledrops
01-22-2012, 04:04 AM
What a week! O: really made me worry so much, a first for me! (Not even the surgeries had such a toll on me!)

I really wonder about the SD plans! The FD, somehow it flows and other than the first lift, tap moment and some pauses, I couldn't detect much changes. I like it before and after the changes! (Would have like if they tweaked the strolling part before S'Wonderful)

But aye to the SD! I wonder why they couldn't just change the lift that some were saying it's weird and work on the rhumba patterns! I love and adore the old last part, glorious dancing! Few teams opt for that! And that little twizzle section! That was a BANG! for me! I wondered why they didn't consider the layback lift from FF's last combination lift? My, this comp really makes me more nervous than before for 4cc! O:

Anyway, thanks so much everyone for all the updates! Really helpful to hear from you guys!

aka_gerbil
01-22-2012, 04:05 AM
I just watched it too. Guh, that was BEAUTIFUL! I did think they had a lot more speed, power, and flow without sacrificing detail, line, edges, extension, etc. BEAUTIFUL. It reminded me why I love ice dance so much, and this was true ice dance, at it's best.

I am glad that they're not doing this program during an Olympic year or next year, but I don't see anything wrong with it in this part of the quad.

Macassar88
01-22-2012, 04:05 AM
I totally agree with this, V&M in the hands of Christopher Dean could be magical & recordbreaking, I think they should think of this change & try to make it happen.

I mean look at the response for the FD that was created by Torvill & Dean tonight, the audience was thrilled & responded cause it was unique & stood out & took some risks.

Leave it to T&D to create the excitement even when they are not skating.:lol:

Who would their coach(es) be? I thought Dean only did choreo?