PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir Thread #13 (mach two): S'Wonderful

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

sequins
12-21-2011, 12:02 AM
Here's an interesting write-up on V/M and program theme:

Range: A word or three on Virtue and Moir (http://www.examiner.com/figure-skating-in-national/range-a-word-or-three-on-virtue-and-moir)

Fabulous and spot on. It's the same discussion I've had with...well in my own head:lol: when I read these criticisms. I just don't get it, but actually I do. Those that criticize V&M for always doing 'the same romantic program' really don't like them anyway, don't want to and likely never will and this is their logic. Flawed logic that is. I can't understand how FF can be perceived as 'same ol', same ol'. It's way different on so many levels. Unfortunately their 2 programs, Pink Floyd & last years Samba, that were a definite departure were done on seasons of injury and not as widely seen for obvious reasons. I just wish people would give this arguement a rest because IMO(and Jackie too!) it's BS.

Macassar88
12-21-2011, 12:20 AM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy38EleBZ2s
This is so cute!!

sequins
12-21-2011, 12:38 AM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy38EleBZ2s
This is so cute!!

:lol:at Kevin and Patrick. Soooo crazy cute! V&M are just adorable especially Scott and his little grin. They're so small compared to the other 2 teams. Andrew Poje I barely recognize.

Shayii
12-21-2011, 12:41 AM
V/M, D/W, and other skaters say their holiday greetings (http://www.skatebuzz.com/default.aspx) to fans.

zilam98
12-21-2011, 01:05 AM
Low tight buns in latin dances make me think of a tango, paso doble or flamenco rather than a samba dance. To me, samba rhythms would require something more like this style. Just the hair, not the rest.;)

http://blondesearch.ru/img/c0/c0d/Rio_Brazil_Samba_Dancing_2011_Carnival_Belly_Dance _Similar_.jpg

But of course, it's open for negotiation.:)
(

do you want them to go for an ethnic samba look or a ballroom samba look? ;) if tessa starts going for that hair in your pic, she might as well go for the look all the way through the costume.

HSGP21
12-21-2011, 01:42 AM
V/M, D/W, and other skaters say their holiday greetings (http://www.skatebuzz.com/default.aspx) to fans.

Very cute, Love that they saved them for last, and I love tessa's laugh.

4rkidz
12-21-2011, 01:59 AM
To play devil's advocate...Euros, 4CC, and Worlds are the only events officially classed as ISU Championships, so perhaps Scott was aiming purely for accuracy of terminology. ;)

I hope that was the point but the way it came across on t.v. was like he was a sore loser..:confused: I have always cheered for virtue and moir - primarily because they have always been more talented technically (imho).. however the past few years the gap has closed and I know I am not a huge fan of their fd program this year (but love their short). It seems really cheesy.. and old.. I was actually okay with the results at the grand prix, because of the technical mistakes by Scott - however I would still like for them to win at worlds but I still don't like their program :scream:

Shayii
12-21-2011, 02:37 AM
do you want them to go for an ethnic samba look or a ballroom samba look? ;) if tessa starts going for that hair in your pic, she might as well go for the look all the way through the costume.
Yea I don't think it will look good on Tessa. I think somebody said something about a braid maybe. I think that would work or even if she wore her hair loose, in curls.

pani
12-21-2011, 06:28 PM
Hi everone!
I want to say thanks to you all for support. And thanks to admins for let us start new thread.
No news now, but will wait untill Nationals.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all! :)

VarBar
12-21-2011, 06:32 PM

lol Tessa going all the way through might bring them more points from some of the judges.;) Then again, other judges might want to deduct and since they don't know how many pros versus cons they would get, let them stay on the safe side and stick with the ballroom version.

I think I saw one of the ice dancers this season wear a flower in her hair in the SD, I think it was Ilynikh at NHK but not sure.

Aww, you got me thinking the post would be about something else...:P

Huh? Such as what? lol Come on, you can be open with me, I promise I appreciate openness.:D

DORISPULASKI
12-21-2011, 08:07 PM
Glad to see you back, pani!

Emdee
12-21-2011, 08:56 PM
Great to see you back, Pani!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you too!

What did you think about the Examiner article - a ray of hope for us ubers!

pani
12-21-2011, 09:35 PM
Great to see you back, Pani!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you too!

What did you think about the Examiner article - a ray of hope for us ubers!

Thanks! :)
What could i think about this article? Сertainly i agree with this point about romantic prgirams from V-M during all last six years. It was my point - this programs had different type of body moves.
I re-watched all videos from that article. I muct say T-D 1994 FD was clear crowed favorite and i really love this little moves from them, wich go so good with music, but maybe now skaters couldnt made something like this with new rules :(
It was interesting to see how Scott grow up during all that years.
And how imazing they change the rythm in "Waltz Triste".
"Umberlas" was all about moving forword, without any stop.
And i must say, i miss Marina, who made Mahler, Flamenko, Bolywood dance and PF. Marina, comback! :D

puglover
12-21-2011, 11:06 PM
Yes, Pani is back - I can go away for Christmas holidays now.

frisette70
12-21-2011, 11:27 PM
Here's an interesting write-up on V/M and program theme:

Range: A word or three on Virtue and Moir (http://www.examiner.com/figure-skating-in-national/range-a-word-or-three-on-virtue-and-moir)

The only similarities i see in every program Tessa and Scott do is the connection. They always find a way to be with each other in the moment. That's why I love them!!