PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir Thread #13 (mach two): S'Wonderful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Bournekraatzfan
01-21-2012, 08:02 PM
Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but it seemed like for most of the season most (well, a lot) of people thought that V/M actually had the advantage when it came to the SD?

I think Scott's fall--which was just a fluke--has set of a chain of events with this SD that were akin to throwing the baby out with the bathwater. They've changed far, far more than what they should have and have ended up with sort of a mess at this point.

I agree. When I heard about significant changes being made to the SD I was kind of confused. I really hope they revert back to the old version, even if it means using the old lift. They just seemed a little lost last night. I guess it could have been worse for a program that has undergone so many revisions...but I really think that their old SD, if skated clean, will earn top marks at the WC and give them momentum going into the FD.

I am really looking forward to the FD tonight, though I am kind of disappointed that they had to make changes in the first place. I agree with Northerndancers, I think that what they do has just been underappreciated this season. It is a shame to think that they will have to make the skating look busy in order to get the marks. I hope this new version still allows them to produce that magic that they did with the old one. As I said before, win or lose, I love FF and think it is a brilliant program. It is great to see them skate a program that makes them so happy.

marbri
01-21-2012, 08:06 PM
Four hours until the FD.

sliver98
01-21-2012, 08:19 PM
I have some mixed feelings about tonight i think its possible Weaver and poje could pull off the massive upset my theory is simple even with the fall at gpf Tessa and Scott scored over 71, here they had a low score and while weaver and poje were strong yesterday it was not their best of the season, a clear indication the judges like Weaver and Poje fd alot more remember they go to all the practices plus with the added changes if they make another mistake and weaver and poje skate lights out i don`t know.

iggie
01-21-2012, 08:19 PM
i hope the changes improve funny face and they only have to rework the short.

aka_gerbil
01-21-2012, 08:24 PM
Four hours until the FD.

I've decided I'm going to have to do what I do when UK plays basketball--not watch. I did my undergrad at the University of Kentucky and I bleed blue, but if I watch them play, they start losing. So, as I put it, more often than not, my heart is with them but my eyes aren't on them. Being stateside, I can't watch live, but I can not follow along on the internet. So, I'll just have to be in exhile until it's all over with tonight.

I agree. When I heard about significant changes being made to the SD I was kind of confused. I really hope they revert back to the old version, even if it means using the old lift. They just seemed a little lost last night. I guess it could have been worse for a program that has undergone so many revisions...but I really think that their old SD, if skated clean, will earn top marks at the WC and give them momentum going into the FD.

I am really looking forward to the FD tonight, though I am kind of disappointed that they had to make changes in the first place. I agree with Northerndancers, I think that what they do has just been underappreciated this season. It is a shame to think that they will have to make the skating look busy in order to get the marks. I hope this new version still allows them to produce that magic that they did with the old one. As I said before, win or lose, I love FF and think it is a brilliant program. It is great to see them skate a program that makes them so happy.

If the choices are last nights version of the SD and the old version, then they need to go with the old version. There is NO ONE who likes this new version.

I also love FF as well and have since the first time I saw it. I hope it still somehow as it's magic and that the real Scott and Tessa show up to skate instead of the ones that came last night.

Shayii
01-21-2012, 08:58 PM
Four hours until the FD.

I'm nervous for them, but thank God I'm going out (I probably still will be worrying where I'm going anyways lol). I hope I come back to some good news :).

I have some mixed feelings about tonight i think its possible Weaver and poje could pull off the massive upset my theory is simple even with the fall at gpf Tessa and Scott scored over 71, here they had a low score and while weaver and poje were strong yesterday it was not their best of the season, a clear indication the judges like Weaver and Poje fd alot more remember they go to all the practices plus with the added changes if they make another mistake and weaver and poje skate lights out i don`t know.

I don't think Weaver and Poje will pull off an upset (and I love them and their FD). Even at the GPF they only scored 100, while Tessa and Scott scored 112. I hope I'm not jinxing them or anything...knock on wood. I just really hope they have an amazing skate and that the changes are good. Now I'm thinking they should just have left both programs alone.

sliver98
01-21-2012, 09:06 PM
you cannot compare the gp series with nationals and worlds, judges on the gp circuit still judge on last year placement and reputation, it changes in the second part of the year when the judges truly analyze the programs i don`t think tessa and scott will get 112 here even if they skate well if they beat weaver and poje it will not be by more than 2 or 3 points.

sap5
01-21-2012, 09:08 PM
What I can't understand is if it's true that the problem is nervousness, what on earth do they have to be nervous about? Of course it is nerve-wracking to perform in your own country in front of your own fans, but these are the Olympic Champions who performed in, and won, at a Home Olympic games. At at a time when Tessa was not even healthy. How could the pressure in Moncton even compare to that?

marbri
01-21-2012, 09:11 PM
Maybe nerves about how the new program would be received and it would appear it wasn't that well received by the judges.

iggie
01-21-2012, 09:14 PM
actually, sap5 was right. they attribute the nerves directly to nationals

"What we've heard all week is, 'Oh you'll be fine, it's just nationals for you,' but we find the nationals brings a lot of pressure, you're in your own country, you want to perform well for your fans," Moir said.

"I definitely felt that pressure tonight and really wanted to go out and do it and maybe it was a case of squeezing the stick too tightly... There's a hockey term for you," he added laughing.

http://www.tsn.ca/figure_skating/story/?id=385666

Cherub721
01-21-2012, 09:22 PM

I don't think W&P will beat them, but it is a little scary how close they are and how V&M are not benefiting from Nationals inflation (which I'm sure D&W will). I remember how I used to roll my eyes at all the 6.0s B&K used to get. :lol: It's like the Canadian fed is saying that if V&M are a little off at Worlds, feel free to put them behind P&B, the Shibs, maybe even Bobrova/Soloviev if they skate well (ie, the teams that are considered W&P's direct competition).

iggie
01-21-2012, 09:25 PM
maybe the 68 was national inflation and on an international scene, that short dance would barely crack mid-60s?

Cherub721
01-21-2012, 09:26 PM
maybe the 68 was national inflation and on an international scene, that short dance would barely crack mid-60s?

That is even scarier. :lol:

aka_gerbil
01-21-2012, 09:59 PM
What I can't understand is if it's true that the problem is nervousness, what on earth do they have to be nervous about? Of course it is nerve-wracking to perform in your own country in front of your own fans, but these are the Olympic Champions who performed in, and won, at a Home Olympic games. At at a time when Tessa was not even healthy. How could the pressure in Moncton even compare to that?

I think I've posted this either up thread here or in the Short Dance thread, but, IMO, even though it was "just" Canadian Nationals, they were still skating against other teams who aren't here and aren't Canadian. They didn't have the GPF they wanted. Much was made about all of their changes, and I think they really wanted to come out on fire, thus the nerves that got the best of them.

:yikes: *curls up in a fetal position*

I am not going to survive tonight.

I am definitely not going to survive Worlds. I already uber Carolina Kostner, so adding in current V/M, I'm going to need Valium by the time it's all over with.

Carmen Ovsiannikov
01-21-2012, 10:40 PM
I'm nervous for them, but thank God I'm going out (I probably still will be worrying where I'm going anyways lol). I hope I come back to some good news :).

.....I don't think Weaver and Poje will pull off an upset (and I love them and their FD).

..... I just really hope they have an amazing skate and that the changes are good. Now I'm thinking they should just have left both programs alone.

After reading about the SD performance I was surprised and I am nervous for V&M tonight. Hopefully, they've worked out whatever was going on yesterday and can put it behind them.

I'm being stubborn because I don't think there was really anything wrong with either program (especially the FD) in the first place. Hopefully the changes are for the better and in trying to gain more points they didn't end up taking out all the subtle moments and highlights that made Funny Face standout.