PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir Thread #13 (mach two): S'Wonderful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

marbri
01-21-2012, 05:59 PM
Or they all did. I loved the previous final third too.

I know the tendancy is to blame them for the decisions made but there is a reason they have a coach and choreographer. In Paris at TEB during an interview they answered a question with "Marina is always right", such was the confidence they had in her then and up until then there was no reason to doubt it. So we have two possibilities: Marina made horrible changes to the choreography and dropped the ball OR if we accept that they are responsible for the changes and Marina isn't to blame then they have less conviction in the fact that Marina is always right (and that is a problem). I haven't seen ONE person say the new changes are better, everyone seems pretty unified in the opinion it's worse. From where I'm sitting that should have been obvious to Marina.

aka_gerbil
01-21-2012, 06:02 PM
That's been the best part of them this season & it did appear gone last night, which sucks. Again I wish Scott's fall hadn't happened because I think they would've gotten a better idea of where their program stood overall and they wouldn't have gone all hog wild with these changes which looking back at it again IMO are not for the better. I loved this SD all season, adjustments needed,yes but it's becoming an unnecessary mess. Reel it back kids, I especially need the old ending back, love that.

Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but it seemed like for most of the season most (well, a lot) of people thought that V/M actually had the advantage when it came to the SD?

I think Scott's fall--which was just a fluke--has set of a chain of events with this SD that were akin to throwing the baby out with the bathwater. They've changed far, far more than what they should have and have ended up with sort of a mess at this point.

It really does bite that the relaxed/having a good time vibe was gone last night. I love it when it seems like the skaters look like they're having a good time and loving what they're doing. That was not the Scott and Tessa that showed up for the SD last night. I rewatched again, and they were just off starting from the end of the warm-up. It wasn't like the twizzles threw off the rest of the performance; they started off. I know I've said it earlier, but spooked is such a good word for them last night.

Really though!! The final third of that SD was :kickass:, by far my favourite part. I'm going to come right out and say it, Marina fcuked this one up.

A-freaking-men.

They should. Fans have debated FF but it looks like VM really have a ton of confidence in that program.

I hope, hope, hope you're right. They have enough problems right now without headcase issues.

Yea and I know it's hard to assume where they'll go from here, but from that skatebuzz interview, especially with that lady telling them (more like lying) that it was great and they had amazing energy or whatever, they might keep this new choreo :(. I hope somebody close to their camp tells them to go back to the old one.

Even with what the reporter was telling them/lying through her teeth about, I think that both T & S know that they weren't great and there was no energy to that program last night.

ETA:

From where I'm sitting that should have been obvious to Marina.
If it's obvious to all of us, even those of us who are basically no teknik, it should have most certainly been obvious to Marina (and Igor). It may be pointing at a trust issue, and if that's the case, it may be time for them to go somewhere else.

sequins
01-21-2012, 06:25 PM
Yes, if you go back and just listen to just the commentators Canadian, European and otherwise the SD was received favourably. It's not to late to go back right? Who sees Canadians anyway? Apparently no one in NB.:lol: Also I'd rather see enjoyment of what they're doing and not winning gold then this. I mean really last night I don't no if Scott was pissed at Tessa, (not sure why) but none of the usual 'hey, it's okay' hug, no kiss on the head/cheek just a bit of glaring. Although in the K-n-C we got a pat on the knee anyway, but I'm moving on and not watching that performance again...ever. It's just ugly. Come on FF!

Shayii
01-21-2012, 06:41 PM
Yes, if you go back and just listen to just the commentators Canadian, European and otherwise the SD was received favourably. It's not to late to go back right? Who sees Canadians anyway? Apparently no one in NB.:lol: Also I'd rather see enjoyment of what they're doing and not winning gold then this. I mean really last night I don't no if Scott was pissed at Tessa, (not sure why) but none of the usual 'hey, it's okay' hug, no kiss on the head/cheek just a bit of glaring. Although in the K-n-C we got a pat on the knee anyway, but I'm moving on and not watching that performance again...ever. It's just ugly. Come on FF!

Yea I wish Scott had been kinda more supportive, but they both just seemed upset and kinda out of it. When are they performing the FD?

marbri
01-21-2012, 06:43 PM
Yea I wish Scott had been kinda more supportive, but they both just seemed upset and kinda out of it. When are they performing the FD?

They seemed like that before they even skated. I didn't find much interaction between any of them (Scott, Tessa and Marina).

sequins
01-21-2012, 06:44 PM
I believe it's on c.t.v. tonight at 7p.m. but when they actually perform it I don't know.

DFJ
01-21-2012, 06:49 PM
They seemed like that before they even skated. I didn't find much interaction between any of them (Scott, Tessa and Marina).

I've been watching this team for so long...noticed they didn't look right before they skated. Who knows what's going on (secretly hoping that they change coaches, but realize that's unlikely).

Macassar88
01-21-2012, 06:56 PM
Really though!! The final third of that SD was :kickass:, by far my favourite part. I'm going to come right out and say it, Marina fcuked this one up.

Yeah she wants Davis and White to win

VarBar
01-21-2012, 07:00 PM
This appears to be non-geoblocked:

http://watch.tsn.ca/featured/clip604938#clip604938

To me, they both seemed nervous and cautious, and everything, including their connection, just seemed to be off tonight.

Thanks.:)

Poor skate aside, I am quite unhappy with some of the changes V/M's coaches made. Now I feel like nothing much is going on in the temptation part and where is the finish with a bang Scott was talking about before Nationals? I for one found the twirl at the end of the dance far more spectacular than the new lift.

Poor Tessa, she was almost crying with disappointment after the performance.:(

Oh I don't think they've regressed at all and still think they are the best team out there. Just need them to remember that ;)

I have no doubt in my mind they still are the best ice dancers and I hope they'll come back swinging in the Funny Face program although I am personally starting to fear the word "change.":shuffle:

Wyliefan
01-21-2012, 07:10 PM
They should. Fans have debated FF but it looks like VM really have a ton of confidence in that program. The short dance has them spooked for some reason.

Yeah, it's weird that with all the fuss about "Funny Face," the short dance is starting to be the problematic one. It looked so strong at first. (Not that I don't think "Funny Face" is strong; I think I'm one of just a few that has loved it from the beginning!)

zotza
01-21-2012, 07:10 PM
For the first time and probably the last I'll burst it out.
I think the changes were made to make the program weaker and not stronger.And after Scott's statements after the GPF, no wonder.

For me, they need to go,a new coach is new inspiration most of the times

Now burn me at the stake:rofl:

DFJ
01-21-2012, 07:21 PM

They can tie me to the stake with you.

Wyliefan
01-21-2012, 07:23 PM
You don't think Scott and Tessa would have noticed if the program were deliberately being made weaker? They're not stupid.

Shayii
01-21-2012, 07:59 PM
Such interesting conversation happening here! I don't think it was done deliberately. I think everybody was confused where to go with this SD and the new choreography seems to have been created in a rush. It makes me sad, like some people have stated their strong program seemed to be in the SD and now that's not the case anymore. Makes me very nervous for the FD. I hope the changes in that one is great because if it's not they have very steep hill to climb. But the changes I saw in their FD in TSN fluff, I liked.

aka_gerbil
01-21-2012, 07:59 PM

Yeah, Scott was definitely ill with her specfically. It's just another thing that was off/wrong about them last night. Granted, I haven't seen every single program they've ever skated, but I've never seen or heard of him being that way with her before. It was just plain weird. It looked like to me he wouldn't even look her in the eye, even though she was trying. I was kind of shocking to not see Scott being at all supportive of Tessa, and honestly, the last thing the girl needed right then was a cold shoulder from her partner. At least he didn't Skary Babs her...

I also noticed the lack of interaction between Marina, Scott, and Tessa from the very end of the warm up. It was like none of them were the way that they usually are with each other. It was just weird last night, start to finish, that is for sure. The Kiss n Cry was downright icy as well. Things did seem to thaw a touch between T&S in the later interviews--he did give her a tiny little smile in the TSN interview and the skatebuzz interview seemed a little less chilly, but it was all still so strange.

I've been watching this team for so long...noticed they didn't look right before they skated. Who knows what's going on (secretly hoping that they change coaches, but realize that's unlikely).

What's going on is a very good question. The twizzle last night was only the tip of the iceberg. Obviously, they're frustrated over the GPF. They've made all these changes to both of their programs, but it just seems like there's more wrong/more going on than the obvious.

I also want them to change coaches, and I actually think it will happen, but not until the season is over. Well, that's what I thought up until yesterday. Now, even though I don't think it's likely at all, I wouldn't be entirely shocked to see a change before Worlds.

Thanks.:)

Poor skate aside, I am quite unhappy with some of the changes V/M's coaches made. Now I feel like nothing much is going on in the temptation part and where is the finish with a bang Scott was talking about before Nationals? I for one found the twirl at the end of the dance far more spectacular than the new lift.

Poor Tessa, she was almost crying with disappointment after the performance.:(

I have no doubt in my mind they still are the best ice dancers and I hope they'll come back swinging in the Funny Face program although I am personally starting to fear the word "change.":shuffle:

I'd like to know where the bang is as well. The program was so much better before.

I hope FF hasn't been "fixed" to the extent that the SD has...

For the first time and probably the last I'll burst it out.
I think the changes were made to make the program weaker and not stronger.And after Scott's statements after the GPF, no wonder.

Well, they can tie me to the stake as well with both you and DFJ.

You don't think Scott and Tessa would have noticed if the program were deliberately being made weaker? They're not stupid.

That is a valid question, and no, Tessa and Scott don't strike me as stupid. That said, they've said that they trust their coaches, etc. Maybe it's a case of trusting a little too much right now. I also don't think, from her comments, that Tessa's that sold on the changes. She may need to listen to herself a little.