PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir Thread #13 (mach two): S'Wonderful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

kwanette
01-21-2012, 11:20 AM
This appears to be non-geoblocked:

http://watch.tsn.ca/featured/clip604938#clip604938

To me, they both seemed nervous and cautious, and everything, including their connection, just seemed to be off tonight.

FTR I think W&P have the BEST SD this season, wonderfully choreographed.

Thanks for the link.

W/P do have the best SD of the season. It certainly is the most memorable.

liv
01-21-2012, 02:10 PM
A positive: like the puffy ponytail. balances her out more.

they were off, but it's the first delivery of the changes, so i give them the benefit of the doubt. I think the ending was definitely more abrupt without the little twist. If they could put the lift in even seconds earlier and then keep thte twist, it would seem less contrived.

HSGP21
01-21-2012, 02:56 PM
New interview on skatebuzz... another miserable reporter who seems to have either not watched their program, or know nothing about ice dance.

I do love how Scott says 'we made a mistake on the twizzles' Hope they find some inner confidence to shine tonight

Macassar88
01-21-2012, 03:27 PM
Ugh this new SD was off for so many reasons...

Their dance wasn't as good as usual- I'm assuming that they're still getting used to the new stuff, but it didn't seem as good as they can do it.

Technical problems - good to get this out of the way, but it seemed like there was a little bit of an issue in the circular footwork as well (right before the "y te digo" it felt like they were just going through the motions. not the same amount of energy)

The lift - I don't really like the lift position

Program composition - it seems really back loaded and rushed because of the footwork and the lift in that little bit of music. It also means that they can't end with latin dance. The temptation section felt really empty as well.

What I'd like to see:

Hip Hip Chin Chin: Twizzles and Circular footwork
Temptation: Two rhumbas
Mujer Latina: Lift
I know that tessa wanted to get two different rhythms for the rhumba sequence, but if they want that to work, they need new cuts of the music.

DFJ
01-21-2012, 03:53 PM
Wow that wasn't good at all :(

THey wanted to move the lift to the end to create more excitement but the old choreography with the twirl was so must more dynamic than that lift!

I think they should just leave the SD as it was from the beginning of the season.

Agreed...what an awful night. :blah:

Rafter
01-21-2012, 04:31 PM
A positive: like the puffy ponytail. balances her out more.

Definitely agree about the ponytail. It looks so much better than the stringy wimpy looking ponytail she had earlier.

This performance reminded me a bit of their OD at Skate Canada in 2009. The difference is that they didn't make really any changes to their OD in the Olympic year and they nailed it at Olympics and especially worlds. Not sure what's going to happen with this SD.

I really think the choreography and program composition is a big problem.

Rafter
01-21-2012, 04:32 PM
New interview on skatebuzz... another miserable reporter who seems to have either not watched their program, or know nothing about ice dance.

That reporter was Annie Bellmare. Former Canadian singles competitor.

Sonata
01-21-2012, 04:48 PM
Wow, I did not recognize Annie Bellemare at first, probably because you only see a side profile of her face. I didn't see anything wrong with the interview - she actually let V/M talk!

sequins
01-21-2012, 05:34 PM
All season up until now, they seemed like they'd been having the best time and were so relaxed. That was gone tonight.

That's been the best part of them this season & it did appear gone last night, which sucks. Again I wish Scott's fall hadn't happened because I think they would've gotten a better idea of where their program stood overall and they wouldn't have gone all hog wild with these changes which looking back at it again IMO are not for the better. I loved this SD all season, adjustments needed,yes but it's becoming an unnecessary mess. Reel it back kids, I especially need the old ending back, love that.

manhn
01-21-2012, 05:34 PM
The most disappointing part for was the change to their circular footwork sequence. Why the change? They removed my favourite part! (the one where they are lunging).

marbri
01-21-2012, 05:40 PM
The most disappointing part for was the change to their circular footwork sequence. Why the change? They removed my favourite part! (the one where they are lunging).

Really though!! The final third of that SD was :kickass:, by far my favourite part. I'm going to come right out and say it, Marina fcuked this one up.

Subway
01-21-2012, 05:46 PM
They need to get their heads back together in less than 24 hours. They should. Fans have debated FF but it looks like VM really have a ton of confidence in that program. The short dance has them spooked for some reason. It's strange since it was a hit exhibition and a great fd but as a short it lacks conviction. Maybe that's why I don't understand the point of some of the changes. Wasn't the problem the levels in the rumba sequence? Why shift around the choreography.

Subway
01-21-2012, 05:47 PM
Really though!! The final third of that SD was :kickass:, by far my favourite part. I'm going to come right out and say it, Marina fcuked this one up. Or they all did. I loved the previous final third too.

Shayii
01-21-2012, 05:50 PM
Really though!! The final third of that SD was :kickass:, by far my favourite part. I'm going to come right out and say it, Marina fcuked this one up.

Yea and I know it's hard to assume where they'll go from here, but from that skatebuzz interview, especially with that lady telling them (more like lying) that it was great and they had amazing energy or whatever, they might keep this new choreo :(. I hope somebody close to their camp tells them to go back to the old one.

HSGP21
01-21-2012, 05:57 PM
Seems Tessa might be apprehensive over the changes as well: http://www.tsn.ca/figure_skating/story/?id=385666 Seems like she is trying to convince herself