PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir Thread #13 (mach two): S'Wonderful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

marbri
01-21-2012, 04:32 AM
this almost feels like a/p's 1999-2000 season where they practically changed their od i think at the point of euros (?). a/p really struggled with their latin od at that time, and if it werent for their magnificent carmina burana, f-p/m would've won 2000 worlds.

The weird thing, to me, is that I thought they had one of the best SD's this season. I thought it was much better than D&Ws but they got spooked and now I think the changes don't improve it.

FTR I think W&P have the BEST SD this season, wonderfully choreographed.

sequins
01-21-2012, 04:39 AM
I only saw the final flight and I thought everyone looked a bit shaky/off at some point. None more so than V&M. But that crowd:eek:as a Canadian it makes me wanna:slinkaway I hope it picks up for the weekend or I don't know. It's sad.

V&M have had these struggles before. 2010 OD was a big problem much of the season and it all worked out okay. I'm not packing it in yet. However I don't like the changes though it's hard to tell when they were that off but at this point if this is the choice I'd just go back to the way it was. I feel the lift needs to be it the 'temptation' part and up to now the last section was my fave part of the dance. Their marks for the SD have been pretty good and if Scott hadn't fallen I wonder if there would've been this much panic to change it. I'd rather they skate a good, solid dance with maybe not a perfect program than have a mess with something they're not comfortable with, even if it means silver at Worlds & I still say it'd be close. Rather that then being close to the third place team. Their SD was pretty enjoyable at SC and TEB it seemed well received but these changes IMO are not for the better(agreeing with you marbi about it being one of the best SD's & getting spooked when it really wasn't necessary). It's too bad but I hope FF is dynamite tomorrow to gives them some encouragement to know that at least they have that on track.

Pink dress go bye-bye I think I now prefer the blue anyway or something else.

aka_gerbil
01-21-2012, 04:45 AM
The weird thing, to me, is that I thought they had one of the best SD's this season. I thought it was much better than D&Ws but they got spooked and now I think the changes don't improve it.

Spooked is an excellent word for it.

Pink dress go bye-bye I thing I now prefer the blue anyway or something else.

They need to burn that thing when they get home and get rid of whatever bad juju is attached to it.

Proustable
01-21-2012, 04:57 AM
I only saw the final flight and I thought everyone looked a bit shaky/off at some point. None more so than V&M. But that crowd:eek:as a Canadian it makes me wanna:slinkaway I hope it picks up for the weekend or I don't know. It's sad.

V&M have had these struggles before. 2010 OD was a big problem much of the season and it all worked out okay. I'm not packing it in yet. However I don't like the changes though it's hard to tell when they were that off but at this point if this is the choice I'd just go back to the way it was. I feel the lift needs to be it the 'temptation' part and up to now the last section was my fave part of the dance. Their marks for the SD have been pretty good and if Scott hadn't fallen I wonder if there would've been this much panic to change it. I'd rather they skate a good, solid dance with maybe not a perfect program than have a mess with something they're not comfortable with, even if it means silver at Worlds & I still say it'd be close. Rather that then being close to the third place team. Their SD was pretty enjoyable at SC and TEB it seemed well received but these changes IMO are not for the better(agreeing with you marbi about it being one of the best SD's & getting spooked when it really wasn't necessary). It's too bad but I hope FF is dynamite tomorrow to gives them some encouragement to know that at least they have that on track.

The Olympic OD will be the go to for people hoping for a turnaround, but I'll just point out that they outscored this SD with that OD at Nationals, and SDs have three big ticket elements (not two) and five elements (vs four). It'll be interesting to analyze this season after it's done, but I wonder if they were hamstrung by the FD last season - wanting to keep the music but determined to make it different.

bbkenn
01-21-2012, 05:00 AM

I agree. I didn't think the SD was bad, I thought it was good at the beginning and if Scott hadn't fallen, I bet they would have won the GPF and none of this would have happened.

Shayii
01-21-2012, 05:05 AM
Wow I finally had the courage to watch their dance and yea it wasn't great. I don't like the new choreography, it seems empty during the temptation part and the new lift I'm not so sure about either. IDK, during the warm up and the few minutes before they started they both just seemed really nervous and in the kiss n cry really disappointed I feel bad for them this must be frustrating :(

HSGP21
01-21-2012, 05:05 AM
well... now their even. Scott had the fall at the GPF, Tessa messed up here. Moving on, they need to up the "sex" of this program and just really sell it. Good thing they got this out of their system at nationals... they stayed in post-Vancouver to continue to grow as skaters, and you don't do that without some struggles....

zilam98
01-21-2012, 05:10 AM
i reallly like how the fringes on tessa's dress move, especially during the samba parts, but if pink is really bad luck, can she use a different color instead? maybe something in burgundy (goes well for the rhumba) or green (goes well for the samba)?

aka_gerbil
01-21-2012, 05:24 AM
Wow I finally had the courage to watch their dance and yea it wasn't great. I don't like the new choreography, it seems empty during the temptation part and the new lift I'm not so sure about either. IDK, during the warm up and the few minutes before they started they both just seemed really nervous and in the kiss n cry really disappointed I feel bad for them this must be frustrating :(

Yeah, I'm not liking the new layout either.

I've never seen them looking quite that nervous before. They both looked like they were about to be sick.

Tessa's face in the kiss n cry made me want to give her a hug. She looked so sad and disappointed. :(

well... now their even. Scott had the fall at the GPF, Tessa messed up here. Moving on, they need to up the "sex" of this program and just really sell it. Good thing they got this out of their system at nationals... they stayed in post-Vancouver to continue to grow as skaters, and you don't do that without some struggles....

I suppose this is what my father would have called a character-building experience in my youth. Right now, this season is kind of reminding me a little of MK in 1997.

i reallly like how the fringes on tessa's dress move, especially during the samba parts, but if pink is really bad luck, can she use a different color instead? maybe something in burgundy (goes well for the rhumba) or green (goes well for the samba)?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there's some sort of superstition about skating in green. I don't think all pink dresses are bad luck, just this one!

I did like Tessa's hair better tonight. I know it's a shallow thing, but I hated the straight ponytail.

maggylyn
01-21-2012, 05:52 AM

I also had thought their original SD was great, I really don't understand why they felt they needed to make so many changes. I think "spooked" is right.

I'm not liking this new version of their SD, but then again it's a little hard to tell exactly what their vision is. Besides Tessa's big mistake, they were just off. And zero chemistry.

However, I do like this ponytail on Tessa. And I still love the pink costume. It has great movement and I don't agree that it's any kind of bad luck. That's just Tessa and Scott making mistakes and maybe overthinking what's best for the SD.

Shayii
01-21-2012, 06:14 AM
They need to burn that thing when they get home and get rid of whatever bad juju is attached to it.

Omg you're killing me!! :lol: You must be a really funny person in real life gerbil. But I agree Tessa needs to throw the dress in a fireplace when she gets home. I'm not usually a superstitious person, but even I have to wonder; everything started when she first wore that dress at GPF lol. I wonder what they're gonna do now, they'll probably be forced to tweak the program again after getting feedback. Poor Tessa, her face in the kiss n cry :( she seems like the kind of person that is very self-critical, hope she's not too hard on herself.

aka_gerbil
01-21-2012, 06:21 AM
I'm not liking this new version of their SD, but then again it's a little hard to tell exactly what their vision is. Besides Tessa's big mistake, they were just off. And zero chemistry.

However, I do like this ponytail on Tessa. And I still love the pink costume. It has great movement and I don't agree that it's any kind of bad luck. That's just Tessa and Scott making mistakes and maybe overthinking what's best for the SD.

I just rewatched their SD from Skate Canada. It was definitely better before the changes, although I do like Marbri's rearrangement ideas.

Tessa's twizzle problem was obviously the big technical mistake, but even before that, they just seemed so off tonight. They've made mistakes before, but that was definitely not all that was wrong tonight. All season up until now, they seemed like they'd been having the best time and were so relaxed. That was gone tonight. The most disconcerting was the chemistry not being there. Tonight's SD is the only performance I've ever seen of theirs where they didn't skate as one, so to speak.

I agree that they're overthinking things for sure. (I still say burn the dress, but I'm superstitious. :P I also think they need to burn Scott's new shirt, but that's only because I don't like it...)

I hope they get their heads back together by tomorrow night. They don't need another night like they did tonight, and going into 4CC's and World's, they need to be Canada #1...

aka_gerbil
01-21-2012, 06:25 AM
Omg you're killing me!! :lol: You must be a really funny person in real life gerbil. But I agree Tessa needs to throw the dress in a fireplace when she gets home. I'm not usually a superstitious person, but even I have to wonder; everything started when she first wore that dress at GPF lol. I wonder what they're gonna do now, they'll probably be forced to tweak the program again after getting feedback. Poor Tessa, her face in the kiss n cry :( she seems like the kind of person that is very self-critical, hope she's not too hard on herself.

Aww, thanks. :) I'm snarky and superstitious--it can be comical at times. ;) Bad juju is a phrase I stole from what is now a very old episode of Grey's Anatomy (season 2, I think).

In the their book, Tessa talks about being very critical of herself, etc. I hope, too, that she let's this go and gets her head back in the game.

walei
01-21-2012, 06:36 AM
Wow that wasn't good at all :(

THey wanted to move the lift to the end to create more excitement but the old choreography with the twirl was so must more dynamic than that lift!

I think they should just leave the SD as it was from the beginning of the season.

Shayii
01-21-2012, 07:15 AM
Yes I too hope they go back to the old choreo. They wanted a more dynamic program, but this isn't it, and it makes me a bit nervous that they apparently think this was the better solution. And the music cut at the end with mujer latina cut that way...just no.

This article (http://www.lfpress.com/sports/othersports/2012/01/20/19274861.html) has a few quotes from them.