PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir Thread #13 (mach two): S'Wonderful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

marbri
01-21-2012, 03:21 AM
Oh I don't think they've regressed at all and still think they are the best team out there. Just need them to remember that ;)

marbri
01-21-2012, 03:24 AM
In case they do actually have some of their team reading here (there and everywhere) just stick the two rhumba patterns together in the temptation section and bring back the HipHipChinChin from last years FD and youŽll be laughing. Why the hell can't Marina see that.

aka_gerbil
01-21-2012, 03:29 AM
In case they do actually have some of their team reading here (there and everywhere) just stick the two rhumba patterns together in the temptation section and bring back the HipHipChinChin from last years FD and youŽll be laughing. Why the hell can't Marina see that.

Someone, write this on a piece of paper, and send it off to them at the Arctic Edge.

Lissa
01-21-2012, 03:31 AM
For those of you that have seen it... It's Face the Music and Dance: Part II, isn't it?

*curls up in fetal position8

Hey I thought T&D should have won the Olympics in 1994, they were totally robbed & it was a joke those Russians won.

The revampped Let's Face the Music & Dance was brilliant & they skated it perfectly.:)

Rafter
01-21-2012, 03:32 AM

:shuffle:

sap5
01-21-2012, 03:36 AM
At this point, I don't want to see the opening from last year's FD. Last year's FD was last year's FD. They should have something new this year.

ETA: Didn't Tessa say in some interview (was it pingu's?) that they wanted to show the rhumba skated to two different rhythms? Why do you think Marina is the one behind these decisions?

ETA again: Yes, it was pingu's interview, and actually, they wanted to show it to two different pieces of music: http://www.artonice.it/?q=en/node/11053

AOI: What do you think about this year's SD?
Tessa: Doing latin on the floor is probably the most fun thing to do and we have a great time working with our ballroom coaches. Unfortunately we're only allowed to stay on one spot on the ice for five seconds, so we have such a limited time to show the latin dance, and once you get moving you already have to skate again. You can't do so many critical parts of a latin dance because with skating your blades are going either backward or forward. It's hard to incorporate your hip movements when you're doing a rhumba chocktaw.
The set up of the SD has been a challenge, to be honest, and I think we've come to embrace it and we're trying to make the most of it, within the boundaries. One thing we really wanted to show were the rhumba patterns with different musics to show a contrast.

aka_gerbil
01-21-2012, 03:41 AM
At this point, I don't want to see the opening from last year's FD. Last year's FD was last year's FD. They should have something new this year.

ETA: Didn't Tessa say in some interview (was it pingu's?) that they wanted to show the rhumba skated to two different rhythms? Why do you think Marina is the one behind these decisions?

Has anyone ever completely redone a dance like that from scratch between their nationals and 4CC/Euros and Worlds?

marbri
01-21-2012, 03:44 AM

She's their choreographer, she has some influence. Together they are shifting things around to make it more dynamic so it seems pretty basic to me that but taking out a big element in the Temptation section that it should have been replaced with another big element for some balance.

eta..But anyway. I think mine, others and their expectations were perhaps too high at this stage so the disappointment is greater. Perhaps a second viewing and it won't seem so bad :D

zilam98
01-21-2012, 04:08 AM
Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onsN7NQx9IY)

The uploader is amazing, but she (he?) had a typo in Virtue's name, thus meaning it doesn't show up in general searches.

ah, no wonder! thank you so much for this!

Rafter
01-21-2012, 04:13 AM
I think their SD is a bit of mess (construction-wise). Their first mistake was using three music cuts. Like marbri said, with the lift moved to the end the Temptation section is now too long and feels empty. The last section feels too rushed and it seems like they're having trouble keeping up to the music in the circular footwork. The first section loses momentum with the slow-down of the music going into the rhumba pattern. It makes the program feel like there are 4 changes of music.

There's something about this program and its construction that just doesn't build up any excitement or momentum. Something is missing. I blame Marina and Igor.

As as aside, I was really impressed with Gilles & Poirier. Wow are they ever good. W&P skated well - too bad the crowd was so sparse and comatose. I felt that Paul & Islam should have been ahead of Ralph & Hill.

aka_gerbil
01-21-2012, 04:14 AM
This appears to be non-geoblocked:

http://watch.tsn.ca/featured/clip604938#clip604938

To me, they both seemed nervous and cautious, and everything, including their connection, just seemed to be off tonight.

Shayii
01-21-2012, 04:19 AM
Someone, write this on a piece of paper, and send it off to them at the Arctic Edge.

:lol: haha this made me laugh hard for some reason. But anyways just reading everybody's comments, I haven't seen the vid of course but I think Marbri is right, this is affecting mentally, big time!!! I hope it doesn't last very long and they can get their heads back in the game in time for 4CC. I'll be honest though I am freaking out a lot for them.

ETA: Thanks gerbil for the link I'm nervous to watch it though lol

aka_gerbil
01-21-2012, 04:23 AM
:lol: haha this made me laugh hard for some reason. But anyways just reading everybody's comments, I haven't seen the vid of course but I think Marbri is right, this is affecting mentally, big time!!! I hope it doesn't last very long and they can get their heads back in the game in time for 4CC. I'll be honest though I am freaking out a lot for them.

ETA: Thanks gerbil for the link I'm nervous to watch it though lol

They need to get their heads back together in less than 24 hours.

It's not their greatest skate ever, that's for sure. :/

ETA: You're welcome for the link!

zilam98
01-21-2012, 04:23 AM
this almost feels like a/p's 1999-2000 season where they practically changed their od i think at the point of euros (?). a/p really struggled with their latin od at that time, and if it werent for their magnificent carmina burana, f-p/m would've won 2000 worlds.

marbri
01-21-2012, 04:30 AM
Watched it again. I just don't think they made the right change to the SD which really sucks for them, more convinced now that the lift should have moved to the first section and the rhumba sequence to the second. Would have given them exactly what they seek, a dynamic start and finish with some smooth rhumba in the center. Maybe Marina just isn't great at changing her gameplan mid season.

Really hope the changes to the FD are better choreographed.