PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir Thread #13 (mach two): S'Wonderful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Pratfall
01-19-2012, 06:49 AM
I don't think the stops were put in to save Tessa's legs. I think they were just there to mimic the dance choreo from the movie.Tap is hard to do while moving..and of course, there's the faint which is directly from the movie. Artistically , I understand the decision, but it wasn't paying off , so good for them for changing it.

This is not my favourite V/M program , but I adore the way they skate all their programs. Any ambivalence I've had comes from the choice of material. For me Funny Face simply is not an iconic musical in the way of , say American in Paris, 42nd Street , almost anything Fred did with Ginger , etc., etc.

Having said that , they do express the program beautifully, and if the difficulty is in there, which I believe it is, and if the fixes work ....it's going to be an even more interesting competition at world's.

I'm getting very excited for Friday. ;)

pani , you ought to be here...

vmfan89
01-19-2012, 01:52 PM
Hey everyone! Dance practice has just finished here at the Coliseum. Tessa and Scott looked great! Very relaxed and seemed to be in good spirits (they were smiling and laughing a lot). They skated their FD and it looked good. Twizzles and footwork were fast. They also changed their first lift in the FD. IMO it works much better than the old one. Anyway, men's practice is starting so I'm going to sign off. I will try to go to the second dance practice this afternoon and give you more info then! :)

clarie
01-19-2012, 02:26 PM
Thanks vmfan89. I was hoping someone would attend practices and give a report....sounds promising :)

sap5
01-19-2012, 02:50 PM
tessa interview up on skatebuzz (http://skatebuzz.com/). go to recent videos and then it's the first one.

skatebuzz really needs direct links.

Thanks for the info! The video editing for that interview was the weirdest. And who was the interviewer? Are we supposed to know her? Why else was she talking about herself half the time?

Proustable
01-19-2012, 03:57 PM
I don't think the stops were put in to save Tessa's legs. I think they were just there to mimic the dance choreo from the movie.Tap is hard to do while moving..and of course, there's the faint which is directly from the movie. Artistically , I understand the decision, but it wasn't paying off , so good for them for changing it.

This is not my favourite V/M program , but I adore the way they skate all their programs. Any ambivalence I've had comes from the choice of material. For me Funny Face simply is not an iconic musical in the way of , say American in Paris, 42nd Street , almost anything Fred did with Ginger , etc., etc.

Funny Face is better than all of those movies.... just sayin'

But Love Me Tonight is even better.

VarBar
01-19-2012, 05:39 PM
Pratfall

whole post

Pani :waving: come back.

HSGP21
01-20-2012, 01:11 AM
:eek: at how bad that interviewer truly was. She actually interrupted Tessa's answer with a comment about herself!! Wow!

The patrick chan interview is posted now, and it is just as bad if not worse. Comes off like awkward flirting in this interview.

sequins
01-20-2012, 02:21 AM
I finally decided to watch the interview with Tessa. After all the horrible comments I shuttered at the thought, and....:eek:that was bad. Does that chick not listen? Bacon damn it, she said bacon. While the Patty Chan interview wasn't much better it wasn't quite as bad. I didn't get the flirting vibe but that girl needs to never interview anyone again...ever.

iggie
01-20-2012, 02:28 AM
Late on this, but thanks iggie for creating that blog, it looks great! Also for that skatebuzz interview it was cute and funny cuz I think Tessa seemed a bit bored with the interviewer. When was it taped? Tessa still looks tanned in the interview.

I can see how Tessa looks like a lot of different people. I've seen similarities between Tessa and some celebrities including Katy Perry, Rachael McAdams, Katherine McPhee (this one alot!), sometimes Nicole Kidman (when she had lighter hair), and Kate Middleton (a softer looking, prettier version).

And thanks for the new article iggie, it was interesting to hear Tracy Wilson's thoughts. I'm anxious to see the changes they've made, it sucks that I'll to rely on youtube to be see them though.

thanks for your support.

flowerpower
01-20-2012, 02:47 AM
I checked out your blog, iggie, and really liked the clips that show the movie scenes synchronized with the FD, which definitely makes it easier to appreciate the motivation for each part of the dance. Good work!

iggie
01-20-2012, 03:38 AM
I checked out your blog, iggie, and really liked the clips that show the movie scenes synchronized with the FD, which definitely makes it easier to appreciate the motivation for each part of the dance. Good work!

thanks. i agree -- the free dance starts to make a lot more sense when we see for ourselves what scenes tessa and scott worked from. she's not fainting just to avoid skating. at the end of audrey's jazz scene, where she's totally spent after slinking around the club, she faints on a group of people. at the end of tessa's jazz scene, she too is spent after slinking around and faints on scott. the more i watch these scenes, the more i appreciate what they've taken and used on ice.

if anyone is interested, here's the link: http://compulsorydances.blogspot.com/search/label/funny%20face%20music

Shayii
01-20-2012, 04:23 AM
Tessa and Scott at practice: http://t.co/4VrHRjSV

zilam98
01-20-2012, 05:03 AM

which links are those on the blog?

zilam98
01-20-2012, 05:05 AM
a bit OT, still v/m, but can anyone post a link of v/m's UoC fd with the eurosport/brit commentators? not sure which event it was, but it was UoC. and i loved the commentators' quips on that event. i havent found a vid to that yet on youtube

iggie
01-20-2012, 02:08 PM
which links are those on the blog?

here you go: http://compulsorydances.blogspot.com/search/label/funny%20face%20music