PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir Thread #13 (mach two): S'Wonderful

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

cholla
12-19-2011, 09:21 PM
Those last three look like they are from that interview at TEB by the OrangeTeam. Looks like they are sitting outside the stadium, same setting.

Yes, they are on the terrace of the Novotel (where the Orange Team did their interviews), the building in the background is the adjacent All Seasons Hotel.

clarie
12-20-2011, 01:49 AM
I was wondering about the black dress on Tessa and if anyone saw her practicing in it. If anyone did, then what did you think? I only saw some pics but no vids.

lavenderblue
12-20-2011, 02:00 AM
I was wondering about the black dress on Tessa and if anyone saw her practicing in it. If anyone did, then what did you think? I only saw some pics but no vids.

I came across this short video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYuVSNco8lY&list=UUtPbVU1ww3xU965R-cHVbfA&index=1&feature=plcp) from GPF practice. Doesn't show much, but it gives at least a bit of an idea of how the costume moves.

jl22aries
12-20-2011, 02:14 AM
Oh man I am out of the loop, but has a certain beloved, infuriating, inspirationally die hard vm fan left us? Because they feel unwelcome? That idea makes me feel so disappointed for this forum! It is supposed to give the fans a safe and supportive outlet and means to communicate, and if a truly devoted fan and participant of the forum has departed because that safe and supportive environment disappeared for them, then for the love, people, rise to the occasion and mend that bridge.

Shayii
12-20-2011, 02:32 AM
I came across this short video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYuVSNco8lY&list=UUtPbVU1ww3xU965R-cHVbfA&index=1&feature=plcp) from GPF practice. Doesn't show much, but it gives at least a bit of an idea of how the costume moves.
I really disliked the dress from what we saw of it in pictures and after seeing it in motion from this short clip, unfortunately I dislike it even more.

Pratfall
12-20-2011, 05:09 AM
Argh! I haven't been able to be here as much lately..Where's pani ?

pani , come back ! ( you'll like that latest article ..;))

The article makes a point that needs to be made again and again to combat all the ridiculous lovey-dovey , one note charges.

puglover
12-20-2011, 05:55 AM
Yes, pani come back!

flowerpower
12-20-2011, 08:54 AM
Sometimes I do wonder how these two who seems to have personalities at the opposite end of the spectrum manage to work so well together without driving each other mad all these years.

:lol: I know.

I get the impression from watching them over the years that they "fill in the gaps" for each other, personality-wise.

He is full of energy - sometimes too much energy, but her calmness keeps him on an even keel. She is perfectionistic and self-critical, but he is there to make her laugh and buoy her up. That's why they're so tight IMO - since childhood they've had a good personality "fit" and they have leaned on one another while they moved away from home, dealt with the pressure of competitions, etc.

clarie
12-20-2011, 12:28 PM
Thanks for posting the practice vid lavenderblue. I don't like it as well as the red dress.......the black is too sombre. Hmmm, I wonder what another option would be....

jl22aries
12-20-2011, 02:51 PM
Thanks for posting the practice vid lavenderblue. I don't like it as well as the red dress.......the black is too sombre. Hmmm, I wonder what another option would be....

Yellow!!

VarBar
12-20-2011, 04:05 PM
i might also want tessa to try a different hairstyle for the SD. instead of the ponytail, she could try braiding her hair or pulling her hair back in a low, tight bun, the way i see a lot of latin dancers do.

Low tight buns in latin dances make me think of a tango, paso doble or flamenco rather than a samba dance. To me, samba rhythms would require something more like this style. Just the hair, not the rest.;)

http://blondesearch.ru/img/c0/c0d/Rio_Brazil_Samba_Dancing_2011_Carnival_Belly_Dance _Similar_.jpg

But of course, it's open for negotiation.:)

Not really. I think Scott's more open and wears his heart on his sleeve, while Tessa is more reserved and controlled. So suppressing her feelings and keeping to "talking points" in a difficult situation is much easier for her to do.

I like Scott's openness and warmth. The openness put him in hot water here, but I think you know where you stand with a person like that. JMO.

Exactly, and we don't want him to get burned, do we?:lol: Openess is unappreciated, so I'm glad Tessa is more controlled because that keeps a good balance in the couple.

Still no Pani?:(

flowerpower
12-20-2011, 04:16 PM
Low tight buns in latin dances...

Aww, you got me thinking the post would be about something else...:P

clarie
12-20-2011, 05:03 PM
Still no Pani?

It sure looks like she's committed "board suicide" this time.......carry on!!!

HSGP21
12-20-2011, 10:04 PM
I think Tessa's dress is spot on ( http://www.papermag.com/blogs/FunnyFaceDVD_.jpg ) , but I just don't know how many judges appreciate it or have seen Funny Face. What they are doing in portraying characters so deeply is vastly under appreciated.

It is really a shame she needs a skirt, because the all black look she is going for in practice is wonderful : http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgdd32py4s1qbilh4o1_500.jpg

Perhaps this look would be the best, though: http://nickbachan88.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/funny-face-balloons.jpg

I think the yellow one with the flowers would be too distracting, but maybe not!

bbkenn
12-20-2011, 11:43 PM
Thanks for the link. What I find rather fascinating in this case regarding VM and the subject of versatility is that a lot (well maybe some) of the typical figure skating fans (well at least from this forum) seems to have a tendency to first classify an ice dance program by its thematic content, (holding it to the standard of the other 3 disciplines maybe?) whereas a relative outsider like me would listen to the rhythm and look at the type of body movement being used in a program first before analyzing the theme, (which I think is what one usually do in the general world of dance, to classify types of dances into their genre that is). Even the above article arguing for VM’s range failed to mention the word rhythm, a glaring omission at least for me especially when one could argue that rhythm-wise, VM’s FDs have shown they can dance and move their bodies through a host of dance genre. From the arguments I have read before regarding this subject, I somehow get the feeling that in the world of figure skating, an ice dance team who skates to different themes (Love, death, time, space, addiction, or whatever other out there theme) but genre and rhythm wise would probably just be limited to contemporary/theatrical would be lauded as versatile, whereas a dance team who of their own free will have chosen to dance to waltz, Broadway/jazz, ballet, contemporary, and samba is one dimensional because the overriding theme of their FDs is perceived and clumped together as “lovey dovey.” I have to admit, that argument really is perplexing :confused: for me. Perhaps SYTYCD has influenced me too much to ever understand this point view. :)

I agree with you. What I love the most about V&M is that they dance, they skate the rhythm and focus on every beat of the music. They skate with the music, not let the music carry them all the while with tremendous chemistry. I, too, have been influenced by SYTYCD.