PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir Thread #13 (mach two): S'Wonderful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

marbri
01-13-2012, 05:17 PM
I think you misunderstood pani's post. I don't think she thought they would use the same version as D&W. I think she was being sarcastic and making a dig ;)

maharbabackward
01-13-2012, 08:42 PM
They do a really fast rotational lift in the FD version of their SD towards the end during La Mujer part.. methinks that would garner GOE of +3. I definitely prefer it to the one currently used.

As far as the first lift.. does anyone else think that the Goose actually would be pretty appropriate. The exit could still hit the beat of the music the original one did, plus they would def get +GOE with it.

marbri
01-13-2012, 08:48 PM
I would hope not. I understood using it again in Mahler as it didn't get a lot of airtime with GGITS but there should be no geese in Funny Face (and if it is they better add something special to it to make me forget it's a goose).

maggylyn
01-13-2012, 08:53 PM
As far as the first lift.. does anyone else think that the Goose actually would be pretty appropriate. .

Please, no.

It's okay that they're keeping it in exhibitions since it has become a signature lift, but I really don't want to see it again in competition.

The lift we never saw enough was the Temptation lift. I hope it comes back (a lot!) in some exhibitions.

DORISPULASKI
01-13-2012, 09:01 PM
It sounded to me like she thought either:
1. There was only one kind of rotational lift in the world or
2. V&M would copy D&W's.

Neither is true.

And what's the point of making a dig at D&W???? :confused: This is the V&M thread.

marbri
01-13-2012, 10:44 PM
I'm assuming that was a rhetorical question?

Shayii
01-13-2012, 11:16 PM
I agree with marbri and maggylyn I seriously hope they don't bring back the goose for competitions, they need to leave it in their exhibitions. And I think for the rotational lift they are gonna use for the SD might be the same one they have in their FD now or the one from their FD from last year. I'm so anxious to see their programs now, but looks like if you don't live in Canada you'll have to wait until somebody decides to put up videos on facebook :(

Doris, Pani always makes a dig at D/W almost all the time.
Also I read some new articles and one says Igor wasn't too pleased with Scott's comments, though Charlie says he understands where Scott was coming from, but thinks Scott wouldn't be making future comments like that lol. Now I understand why he and Tessa have been sorta lying low, I kinda feel bad for him I wonder if he got a stern talk from his coaches and Tessa.

iggie
01-13-2012, 11:30 PM
i think this is the article shayii is talking about

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120110&content_id=26308302&vkey=ice_news

VarBar
01-14-2012, 12:02 AM
I read a poster on Goldenskate said the SD lift has been replaced with a rotational lift at the end so Iīm assuming itīll be your typical rotational that emphasizes their speedy rotations. I think itīll be better than the one they had. Weīll just have to settle for seeing the original temptation lift in exhibitions ;)

Thanks for updating me, I don't read Goldenskate. Let's wait and see what the new stuff looks like.

I would hope not. I understood using it again in Mahler as it didn't get a lot of airtime with GGITS but there should be no geese in Funny Face (and if it is they better add something special to it to make me forget it's a goose).

That sounds pretty final.:lol: No more geese for me either, the poor birds really need a break from competition. lol

VarBar
01-14-2012, 12:16 AM
Also I read some new articles and one says Igor wasn't too pleased with Scott's comments, though Charlie says he understands where Scott was coming from, but thinks Scott wouldn't be making future comments like that lol. Now I understand why he and Tessa have been sorta lying low, I kinda feel bad for him I wonder if he got a stern talk from his coaches and Tessa.

That was quite an unfortunate comment Scott made but I am this horrible person who chooses her favorites based on their skating/dancing and not their statements or actions off ice. All my favorites from the past said or did things they shouldn't have said or done at least once in their careers and if I had to remove them from my most favorites list because of that, I would be almost left with skaters I have little or no interest in whatsoever. Yes, I am quite unlucky as a figure skating fan.;)

Shall I understand that Scott is grounded now? Well, I do hope they'll let him show up at his Nationals though. lol

Friendship is also about forgiving among other things it is about. If it's true friendship of course and it seems it is in this case. Which doesn't mean that Scott should push it. lol

Shayii
01-14-2012, 01:32 AM
Thanks for putting the link up iggie. VarBar you hope Scott wouldn't push it in what sense? Like you hope he doesn't try to explain himself or answer questions on the matter?

Proustable
01-14-2012, 01:53 AM
a) That link just has Shpilband talking about how the skaters should focus on what's in their control, not the judges. Don't know what line he took in private, but contextually I think icenetwork is doing their part to belittle V/M a tad. Better than the TEB headlines, though.

b) I love "the Goose," but I prefer new lifts. It's disappointing that they didn't get the Temptation lift working for level 4 this season, though.

c) I'm glad they changed the SD lift, and in the fast section is good. I really hope we see a little more restructuring, but the circ.footwork is really awesome and deserves it's own section.

Subway
01-14-2012, 01:55 AM
Dont know. I saw her off ice and she had normal legs. Only on ice the things with this become worse from year to year. Maybe she look better in another type of dress, then she had in FD?

clarie, happy for you :) I agree with you - what will be will be, but i just think, things could be musch better fro them.

Did you saw this photos from CBC article about GPF with D-W interview? They post photo, wich oyu will love - sweet Canton family
http://www.meryl-charlie.com/search/label/articles
Why Tessa always in the coner? Never saw her in the middle at the phtos with D-W.

Tessa is is closest to the lens - she's the largest focal point in the photo. D/W are middle together. Scott is squeezed on the right side. Meryl is in the "middle" with Charlie, only her head shows. Very small. Still too much?

iggie
01-14-2012, 02:07 AM
Here is Tessa explaining why they don't do the temptation lift anymore

AOI: You changed the beginning of the SD, and the lift as well. Why?
Tessa: The original lift we had was from our last year's FD. We loved that lift and I think it worked great with the pattern of the FD, but because of the pattern restrictions in the SD we had a small loop, in a very small corner. We could never maintain the speed. We wanted a lift that covered more ice and had more speed. It was a quick change because it has been made between Finland and Canada. That's something we'll maybe revisit, perfecting the lift, not necessarily change it.

http://www.artonice.it/?q=en/node/11053

sliver98
01-14-2012, 02:16 AM
What a ridiculous article on icenetwork, and Shpilband is a prick ever since the olympics he`s been politicking for D&W at the expense of Virtue and Moir and he wants us to believe coaches can`t somewhat influence judges, you know i`m glad Scott said what he said D&W are a good team but there is no way they shoud be beating the olympics champs a great team that alot of foreign experts consider the best and future legends of the sport consecutively like that. Shpilband better pray Tessa and Scott don`t lose worlds or they will leave him and V&M will beat D&W at the olympics with a different coach.