PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir Thread #13 (mach two): S'Wonderful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

marbri
01-12-2012, 05:22 AM
Well it's encouraging that they appear to have listened to outside criticism and made changes to pretty much the same things that have been touched upon on internet boards as well.

I just hope they didn't have to move their SD circular steps, I love how they start the sequence with those hops on that beat. Hopefully there was enough time at the end to throw in the lift. Also a bit :( they changed the first lift in the FD, understand the logic behind it but think it's a shame it wasn't appreciated as much as I thought it should be. It was, imo, a wonderfully innovative lift and now it's likely swapped for something more conventional that will garner them the needed points. Judges need to widen their minds a bit more.

Pratfall
01-12-2012, 06:55 AM
Good luck, clarie !

Shayii
01-12-2012, 07:48 AM
Ok, so much happening on in the thread and with V/M and I thought I was going through withdrawal with being back in school. First of all good luck Clarie on your surgery tomorrow and I wish you a speedy recovery, it's quite unfortunate that happened to you.

Now I'm excited for their upcoming competition! Besides the lifts I'm very curious to see where and what they decided to change in their programs, particularly the SD.

DORISPULASKI
01-12-2012, 08:46 AM
Clarie, good luck & a speedy recovery!

pani
01-12-2012, 03:49 PM
Lots to catch up on with this thread :lol: I now know how injured skaters feel and can fully empathize with Tessa and numerous others who have suffered due to their sport........I fell curling today and broke my kneecap right in half, surgery is tomorrow; however, it was not without the indignity of having my clothes cut off (including underware), then being told I could go home until tomorrow without having anything to cover my lower body (they did eventually find me some slacks). I'll bet Tessa didn't have to suffer that indignity though :slinkaway. I'm glad she's back fit as ever and hope she never has to endure another bout of that compartmental syndrome.

Anyhoo......some interesting points were brought up. I like that they have changed/improved some key components. I love FF, and think it was very brave of them to do it. All the best to them for a healthy, happy Canadian Championships. :)

Clarie, get well soon! We all with you now! :)

As for V-M interview, i like this two quotes.

Itís not an abnormal thing for figure skaters to take out the pencils and revamp routines, especially at this time of year.
Interesting, this was V-M, who re-consider all there programs? Feedback is good thing, but they really beliv ethis will help, when judges love Straus? :D Who cares about skating?
And i think that stops show how V-M could really dance compare to other teams. Without this this will be even more gererick FD :(

Because of the new strategy, Virtue said she and Moir had time to work on basic skating skills, which are a part of each program.

O, please, Tessa dont do this - i dont want to see you skating with Davis legs positions, because the speed in main part of ice dancing :(

DORISPULASKI
01-12-2012, 04:01 PM
pani, wasn't there an interview this year where it was said that Tessa had to rework her skating method (with more emphasis on the glutes) to avoid exertional compartment syndrome? If so, I'm sure a chance to practice more with it is a good thing. I sincerely doubt that whatever technique she is using, that Tessa will neglect body position and body line.

There are enough things to worry about without borrowing trouble on things that are never going to happen.

Subway
01-12-2012, 04:03 PM
As for V-M interview, i like this two quotes.

Itís not an abnormal thing for figure skaters to take out the pencils and revamp routines, especially at this time of year.
Interesting, this was V-M, who re-consider all there programs? Feedback is good thing, but they really beliv ethis will help, when judges love Straus? :D Who cares about skating?
And i think that stops show how V-M could really dance compare to other teams. Without this this will be even more gererick FD :(

Sounds like they are putting even more dancing IN. FF isn't generic so it can't become more of something it's not.

Because of the new strategy, Virtue said she and Moir had time to work on basic skating skills, which are a part of each program.

O, please, Tessa dont do this - i dont want to see you skating with Davis legs positions, because the speed in main part of ice dancing :( Tessa? Tessa and Scott are both working on basic skating skills.

Basic skating skills are edges. VM have gotten level 3s on the rumba pattern. I think it was Scott who didn't show an edge for one of them one time.

DORISPULASKI
01-12-2012, 04:15 PM
Nope, it was Tessa in the rhumba. In the string YYY, the 2nd Y means the lady's steps for a particular sequence of steps were correct, the third Y means the man's. Scott hasn't missed one all year.

BTW, all of the ladies has missed that set of steps more than once this season, and quite a few haven't gotten credit for it even once this season.. It's the most consistently missed item in the tech content of the rhumba so far.

pani
01-12-2012, 04:43 PM
Sounds like they are putting even more dancing IN. FF isn't generic so it can't become more of something it's not.

Tessa? Tessa and Scott are both working on basic skating skills.

Basic skating skills are edges. VM have gotten level 3s on the rumba pattern. I think it was Scott who didn't show an edge for one of them one time.

In pattern dance it was Tessa who didnt show outside edge

marbri
01-12-2012, 05:25 PM
Pani, wait until Canadians before getting all upset. They made changes that on paper seem to address the very areas people have been suggesting they change. I for one am encouraged to hear they made changes. Whether it works is another story but at least they aren't going down without a fight. They could have just sat back and said the program was fine and the problem was with the judging and did nothing.

pani
01-12-2012, 05:39 PM
Pani, wait until Canadians before getting all upset. They made changes that on paper seem to address the very areas people have been suggesting they change. I for one am encouraged to hear they made changes. Whether it works is another story but at least they aren't going down without a fight. They could have just sat back and said the program was fine and the problem was with the judging and did nothing.

Yes, they are fighters and work very hard. But for me they are i little too idealists and didnt see - the main problem is the style and, wich more importatnt, music, wich isnt so powerfull, like it should be.

Emdee
01-12-2012, 06:00 PM
Get well soon Clarie!

Fingers crossed for V&M. At least they are debutting changes at nationals where they are well loved.

VarBar
01-12-2012, 06:07 PM
pani, seriously I wonder sometimes if you really like V/M at all. Every year it's negative until they win then it's all love and 'I knew it all along'

:lol: I got used to her style as well as some of the recurrent themes in her posts targeting either Igor and his politicking or Marina for giving her masterpiece to another team or Igor and Marina for not freeing Tessa and Scott or FSUniverse for hating V/M or the US Federation for pulling strings or Skate Canada for throwing ALL their support behind another skater.;) You got to love Pani and I really really do.:D

Yes, but it was so difficult that it always looked a bit "shaky" to me. It doesn't matter if others couldn't do it if they can't do it perfectly.

I agree. I always thought that lift was so hard to do that they would never get to make the execution look fast, fluid and solid enough as to give me the impression it was perfectly incorporated in the rest of the program. The sort of lift that was designed to be difficult for the sake of difficulty rather than anything else.

Can't wait to see what they'll come up with at Nationals and I'll worry afterwards if need be.;)

Get better soon, Clarie.

DORISPULASKI
01-12-2012, 06:10 PM
is there any hint anywhere that they like skating to powerful music? More important, does powerful music better showcase their abilities than the music they have been using?

It certainly isn't a genre that they have picked from in a long while, IMO.

Even when they did Pink Floyd, a lot of it was to Great Gig. The 2 cuts in recent years that I've thought of as powerful were Mujer Latina, and Money.

One person's powerful is another's bombastic; we're getting into the area of musical taste here.

One could, certainly, blame this on Marina, but perhaps what we're chewing over here is also their personal taste. They are adults, and if they didn't want to skate to something, they could say, "No."

But I have wondered if Tessa loves Audrey, why they don't do an exhibition some time to Moon River from Breakfast at Tiffany's some time. They would do it beautifully.

sap5
01-12-2012, 06:21 PM
is there any hint anywhere that they like skating to powerful music? More important, does powerful music better showcase their abilities than the music they have been using?

It certainly isn't a genre that they have picked from in a long while, IMO.

Even when they did Pink Floyd, a lot of it was to Great Gig. The 2 cuts in recent years that I've thought of as powerful were Mujer Latina, and Money.

I'm not sure what you mean by "powerful"? Farrucas seemed powerful to me.