PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir Thread #13 (mach two): S'Wonderful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

iggie
01-11-2012, 11:19 PM
so... when are they going to air nationals in canada? has that been decided?

eta. i found this

DATE EVENT TIME ET/PT NETWORK
Friday, January 20 Women's Short and Pairs Short 2pm/11am TSN
Ice Dance Short 7pm/4pm TSN
Saturday, January 21 Men's Short 2pm/11am TSN
Men's Short and Women's Free Final 4pm/1pm CTV
Pairs Free Final and Dance Free Final 7pm/4pm CTV
Sunday, January 22 Men's Free Final 3:30pm/12:30pm TSN

http://www.tsn.ca/figure_skating/feature/?fid=51109

Golightly
01-11-2012, 11:25 PM
When Tessa couldnt skate? :D

Yes. :D

HSGP21
01-11-2012, 11:34 PM
Virtue and Moir Healthy, Happy Ahead of Nationals (http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/Virtue+Moir+healthy+ahead+nationals/5981157/story.html)

Subway
01-11-2012, 11:48 PM
So far VM have been second because it's their own fault. 2010 Worlds was the first competition, GPF Scott fell. Still won short at Worlds and beat what pani keeps calling the D/W masterpiece at GPF.

If Tessa & Scott hated that sort of coaching, I think they would have left years ago. Why don't you have pani's insight? Scott hates it, but Tessa is manipulated by Marina and Tessa controls Scott. Scott is genius but too emotional to see as clearly as pani. Poor poor Scott. The pawn of all those people. Who is looking out for his best interest except all of fsu led by pani (joke).

Maybe somebody should clue him in on his facebook or with a banner.

Subway
01-11-2012, 11:51 PM
Now I'm curious. Who did you want Scott to partner with in 2009, Pani? :D

Madison Chock! Gold medal for sure!

Tessa could skate in 2009. Won Nationals and won World medal. Pretty good for a girl with no legs. Better than most girls with legs.

Maybe this is something Scott doesn't understand either? He should have gotten rid of Tessa when she had ECS?

Too bad nobody on fsu or pani could speak to him back then about changing partners in 2009. I believe I'd be able to hear his answer from here. :D

Golightly
01-12-2012, 12:05 AM
I think I mentioned this before, but I've always felt Tessa is a bit underrated. People don't often give her the credit she deserves. She's won World medals after missing a huge part of the season and she's done that twice. It must be extremely difficult to be injured when you have a partner that's healthy and fit to compete, I can't begin to imagine the amount of pressure she had to handle and HAS to handle still because she knows she must stay healthy. Some people don't see that, they just see someone who's carried by her more talented, charismatic partner (their words, not mine). I just think that is so unfair and sad, because she is, to me, an extraordinary dancer. I don't think anyone moves better than she does.

maharbabackward
01-12-2012, 12:14 AM
I'm a little nervous about the changes, just don't want it to become TD at the Olympics 1994.I have liked the changes they have made with the SD over the season (particularly the intro) minus the lift (the temptation lift was soooo much better suited to the music). I like that V/M seem to be listening to the criticism (minus request for coaching change LOL) and aware of it (example changes in lifts for the Goose exit in Mahler and the twist lift at worlds for the Flamenco). They were aware that people wanted them to retain the intro of the FD version of the SD last year, but that it wasn't a change they thought would work. But they reworked that intro, and it works so much better. I thought the SD circular was great and very suitable to the music, but maybe they changed it so that they could get level 4's. I'm curious if they kep the SD lift, because seeing it at the fast part at the end I'm uncertain if it will be a well-fit. I like how they have changed the first lift completely in the fd because that was definitely a criticism. I think the 'Swonderful part is glorious at the end, and the lifts in particular really highlight the music (and part of the reason for the +3 GOE that they receive) but that above all else I think is where they could actually add more transitions. Basically, they are just doing basic turns sweeping in and out kind of like in Mahler. It suits the music very well, but they could definitely do more difficult transitions. The stop and start portion of the FD, I don't know if they can eliminate completely because the music does that and in order to interpret it I think the choreography would have to be altered. Anyways, just speculation.. can't wait to see the new programs. I just hope they are familiar with the changes, the changes are for the better.

sliver98
01-12-2012, 01:01 AM
Not sure i agree about the first lift change in FD its a very difficult lift with Scott on one foot and no balance point i never understood the low GOE`s for it i mean nobody else can do that lift and it highlights how so much more difficults their lifts are compared to D&W fd.

nlyoung
01-12-2012, 01:31 AM
Not sure i agree about the first lift change in FD its a very difficult lift with Scott on one foot and no balance point i never understood the low GOE`s for it i mean nobody else can do that lift and it highlights how so much more difficults their lifts are compared to D&W fd.

Yes, but it was so difficult that it always looked a bit "shaky" to me. It doesn't matter if others couldn't do it if they can't do it perfectly.

clarie
01-12-2012, 01:35 AM
Lots to catch up on with this thread :lol: I now know how injured skaters feel and can fully empathize with Tessa and numerous others who have suffered due to their sport........I fell curling today and broke my kneecap right in half, surgery is tomorrow; however, it was not without the indignity of having my clothes cut off (including underware), then being told I could go home until tomorrow without having anything to cover my lower body (they did eventually find me some slacks). I'll bet Tessa didn't have to suffer that indignity though :slinkaway. I'm glad she's back fit as ever and hope she never has to endure another bout of that compartmental syndrome.

Anyhoo......some interesting points were brought up. I like that they have changed/improved some key components. I love FF, and think it was very brave of them to do it. All the best to them for a healthy, happy Canadian Championships. :)

walei
01-12-2012, 01:43 AM
OMG Clarie so sorry to hear that hope you have a speedy recovery!

I still maintain that there is nothing wrong with Funny Face as a FD concept and they just need to tweak it to make it seem less open in places. Looks like they are making necessary changes and that's great to hear! SO excited for Canadians!!

And Subway :lol: I enjoyed reading your posts.

Golightly
01-12-2012, 02:08 AM
Clarie, I am so sorry about your injury. That must hurt a lot, not to mention the indignation, I am so very, very sorry! I hope everything goes well in surgery tomorrow and that you have a speedy recovery :)

iggie
01-12-2012, 02:47 AM
claire! speedy recovery

here is a more detailed article about the changes and some insight into their training

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/more-sports/virtue-moir-shake-it-up/article2299626/

sequins
01-12-2012, 04:51 AM
I still maintain that there is nothing wrong with Funny Face as a FD concept and they just need to tweak it to make it seem less open in places.
Agreed. With FF V/M have either finished 1st or 2nd this season. Oh the horror! It's a good program that can be great, let's hope we're on our way. I like it a lot as is anyway.

So sorry about your injury clarie. I hope the surgery goes well and you feel better soon.

I want to read what you, who try to post positive things about Z-Sh and FF will post at the end of the season.

No need to wait. Baring a disaster V/M will be first or second at Worlds and even if they weren't I like FF and no result or medal is gonna change my mind. I also really think the coaching decision is up to V/M they know best. Regardless I say thank you very much to Z-Sh for all they've done. They helped to make a Canadian ice dance team an Olympic champion for goodness sake. Something that not so long ago would've been unfathomable. So stay or go, whatever.

walei
01-12-2012, 05:12 AM
Agreed. With FF V/M have either finished 1st or 2nd this season. Oh the horror! It's a good program that can be great, let's hope we're on our way. I like it a lot as is anyway.

With the FD calculation error at GPF, FF is actually undefeated so far. V/M will want to upgrade the PCS to solidify that by making tweaks to it, it's on the right path I say.