PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir Thread #13 (mach two): S'Wonderful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

pani
01-11-2012, 07:03 PM
If she went to another coach, do you suppose that coach would have been able to keep her from doing Fred & Audrey?

She will have adult FD even on this music with another choreo - Tessa ust beautifull, thats only thing Zueva could do. What she did for them? Most part of FSU hate them because of her programs.

D-W ar Z-Sh tyle team and they must be together forever, but make V-M free if you hate them and doing with them the same, what you did with B-A in 2007 with Holywood FD :mad:

sap5
01-11-2012, 07:03 PM
Were Samuelson & Bates underscored for their "Let Yourself Go" OD (also a Fred Astaire dance)? I remember European commentators really liking it.

pani
01-11-2012, 07:06 PM
Were Samuelson & Bates underscored for their "Let Yourself Go" OD (also a Fred Astaire dance)? I remember European commentators really liking it.

I think they was the best that evening from all the teams at WCh, because all top teams had mistakes. So they was underscore ;) But this was OD they couldnt use another music.

marbri
01-11-2012, 07:13 PM
It was stated in an interview Marina brought this to the table for this season. I thought that was cleared up by now. If you need a link I'm sure pani can find it :D

iggie
01-11-2012, 07:42 PM
it's kind of like plush missing a few extra points, but only quoting evan on the situation. of d/r missing points, but only quoting m-t/m. and so on. the issue affects v/m the most, but charlie is the one speaking. maybe it speaks to how close v/m and d/w are that d/w are the ones willing to step forward and talk about it, allowing v/m to be left alone for a while

Carmen Ovsiannikov
01-11-2012, 08:30 PM
D-W ar Z-Sh tyle team and they must be together forever, but make V-M free if you hate them and doing with them the same, what you did with B-A in 2007 with Holywood FD :mad:

Funny Face is a far better program than That's Entertainment was. I'm not sure why That's Entertainment turned out the way it did. I remember that B&A got a late start that season but with a good choreographer a late start should only have effected how well B&A were able to skate their FD in the early part of the season not the actual choreography.

For example IIRC, R&S's House of the Rising Sun was put together only weeks before they competed at Nationals. The same happened with P&S's Oblivion FD but both of those programs were gorgeous with great choreography.

Igor and Marina haven't always done generic but difficult programs (I'm not referring to Funny Face). And in the past they allowed their skaters to work with other choreographers. At least in the case of L&T, Christopher Dean created Anytime, Anywhere. Igor himself has created some really good programs in the past; S&P's Tori Amos FD from 99/00 and their OD for 98/99, Chopin, Amelie, their 00/01 Quickstep OD and the Waltz OD from 02/03 for B&A, Eleanor Rigby, Bollywood and Samson & Delilah for D&W...

I wonder if it's easier to work around having to rack up the points in programs under the current version of CoP than having to fit in point collecting moments with actual interesting highlights and more creative lifts. It's making me wonder if V&M are going to have to totally re-work Funny Face and get rid of all the great moments in it to add more "point total" moments. If so that would be a shame.

I would love to see V&M work with other choreographers like Tom Dickson or Christopher Dean.

soxxy
01-11-2012, 09:39 PM
Lynn Rutherford tweets:

VirtueMoir revealed big changes to their FD & SD on teleconf. today, including 1st lift in FD as well as several portions of step sequences

Evidently they received feedback that they were a bit too stationary in spots. Also changed SD to make it more exciting; lift now at end

Golightly
01-11-2012, 09:43 PM
Please don't change the 'S Wonderful part, please don't.

pani
01-11-2012, 09:48 PM
My hope they will change FD music is die :(
Hope SD will be super-puper hot

HSGP21
01-11-2012, 09:57 PM
oh no! I love their step sequence at the end of the SD, and really love their FD... I think it's charming the way it is. Hope they are positive changes!

Golightly
01-11-2012, 10:54 PM
My hope they will change FD music is die :(
Hope SD will be super-puper hot

Did you honestly think they'd abandon Funny Face just like that? These are competitors who are committed to this program.

I just hope they don't touch the S'Wonderful part because that is gorgeous. I'm glad they want to address the transitions, but hope they don-t compromise the beauty of the program. It's a tough balance to find, but it seems to me they worked hard to make changes. I hope it pays off.

sequins
01-11-2012, 10:59 PM
pani, seriously I wonder sometimes if you really like V/M at all. Every year it's negative until they win then it's all love and 'I knew it all along' From wanting Scott to ditch Tessa in 2009/10 to last years 'guarantee' they were gonna retire because of some look on Tessa's mom's face or some nonsense like that and now trashing 'Funny Face' and wanting them to ditch their coaches like ASAP...and what will you say if they win with FF? :rolleyes:

Anyway yes it needs a few tweeks and glad to see they are doing that but to say it won't be a memorable program? Sorry but I highly doubt that. It's memorable music and a lovely program win or lose.

pani
01-11-2012, 11:09 PM
pani, seriously I wonder sometimes if you really like V/M at all. Every year it's negative until they win then it's all love and 'I knew it all along' From wanting Scott to ditch Tessa in 2009/10 to last years 'guarantee' they were gonna retire because of some look on Tessa's mom's face or some nonsense like that and now trashing 'Funny Face' and wanting them to ditch their coaches like ASAP...and what will you say if they win with FF? :rolleyes:

Anyway yes it needs a few tweeks and glad to see they are doing that but to say it won't be a memorable program? Sorry but I highly doubt that. It's memorable music and a lovely program win or lose.

Yes, i love them. And yes - i think FF couldnt compete with classical music, especially because WCh will be in Europe, not in North America.
I want to read what you, who try to post positive things about Z-Sh and FF will post at the end of the season.

Golightly
01-11-2012, 11:12 PM
Now I'm curious. Who did you want Scott to partner with in 2009, Pani? :D

pani
01-11-2012, 11:13 PM
Now I'm curious. Who did you want Scott to partner with in 2009, Pani? :D

When Tessa couldnt skate? :D