PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir Thread #13 (mach two): S'Wonderful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

HSGP21
01-07-2012, 06:09 PM
So you think new outfit could bring higher PCS? I am not sure - i think this must be more about music and transitions.

I do, actually. I think the red dress is stunning...but I also think the bold color leads me (and perhaps the judges) to expect a bold program. I think this program is more subtle/nuanced/character-driven, and a more subtle dress might fit it better/turn my (and perhaps the judges) attention to the choreography.

But I could be wrong!

pani
01-07-2012, 06:19 PM
I do, actually. I think the red dress is stunning...but I also think the bold color leads me (and perhaps the judges) to expect a bold program. I think this program is more subtle/nuanced/character-driven, and a more subtle dress might fit it better/turn my (and perhaps the judges) attention to the choreography.

But I could be wrong!

I read i lot of times Tessa need to have outfit with stronger colors. So i think red dress in perfect because it is in movie style, its bright, and Tessa lok really great (IMHO) in this dress. But like i said before, i think new dress could be great too :)

I think Scott's beef was with the PCS, not the TES (which is where the error occurred),
I think main problem for Scott was - he didnt know, what to do. Why? Because they had very good feedback from ISU and judges about this FD, but in GPF they lose PCS and he said- we didnt know, what ISU want form as. So he really didnt know, because ISU and judges said them beofre they have strong programs, wich ISU love. So what Sсoеt could change? And if he will made this- will this help them? Thats was Scotts questions i think. Thats why he didnt talk about D-W and coaches, but about ISU.

VarBar
01-07-2012, 07:16 PM
I don't think Tessa could ever really remind of Audrey during that time because Audrey was so fragile and gamine and Tessa just isn't that at all.

And Scott being much younger and definitely more handsome and having more hair on his head than Fred Astaire just doesn't fit the Fred Astaire image in the movie, right? Come on.:lol:

Not to change the subject back to a previous one, but THESE are the outfits Scott and Tessa should wear for Funny Face... http://collider.com/uploads/imageGallery/Funny_Face_Centennial_Collection/funny_face_audrey_hepburn_01.jpg

If Charlie can wear a tux so can Scott, and Tessa can play both the vulnerable and spunky parts of Audrey's character in this dress.

It's a cool dress but I'm not sure it would allow for much freedom of movement the way it is (too long) and they have some quite difficult elements to do in the free dance. Also not sure a tux would work for the jazzy part in the program. I'd do something about Scott's costume though rather than Tessa's dress but I really don't know what. Thank God V/M are not expecting me to help them out. LOL

The main question - what V-M will change or will not change before Nationals.

I have no idea, Pani, I'm guessing I'll just have to wait and see.

pani
01-07-2012, 07:20 PM
I have no idea, Pani, I'm guessing I'll just have to wait and see.

But i cant wait :lol:

DORISPULASKI
01-07-2012, 08:20 PM
The last thing I want to see is Tessa in a dress that is too long. I can't get out of my mind the falls that occurred to F&S with long dresses, not to mention S&S. Worlds is not the time to try out a new long dress to see whether it works well.

Whatever she uses, I hope the cut of the skirt is similar to the red dress (if she doesn't keep using the red dress, which I really like on her), because the red dress moves well during the lifts.

sap5
01-07-2012, 09:36 PM
The skirt could be shortened, but it is too full for the lifts they do this year. I agree that something with a slimmer cut, like the red dress, would work better.

For Scott -- what if he wore a vest, instead of a full-on tux?
Something eye-catching, yet elegant; maybe a vest with stripes? He doesn't have to dress exactly like Fred Astaire, IMO. He just has to move like him. I'd also like him to ditch the haircut. ;)

pani
01-07-2012, 09:51 PM
The skirt could be shortened, but it is too full for the lifts they do this year. I agree that something with a slimmer cut, like the red dress, would work better.

Something eye-catching, yet elegant; maybe a vest with stripes? He doesn't have to dress exactly like Fred Astaire, IMO. He just has to move like him. I'd also like him to ditch the haircut. ;)

Scott look great in vest. But who knows - maybe its difficult for him skate in FD in vest?
I hope Scott will have his usuall haircut.

maggylyn
01-07-2012, 10:12 PM

I like these ideas.

And I would love for Scott to ditch the too-short, little-boy haircut. :P
(I say "little boy" because in all our old family albums my brothers have that same haircut. It's so not flattering.)

Carmen Ovsiannikov
01-08-2012, 02:57 AM
Of the two dresses, I prefer the red. I wonder how turning the dress in HSGP's link into a competition costume would work out. I feel as if shortening it so that Tessa could skate unhindered would make it look too young and girlish when I'm thinking that V&M want to look sophisticated even though there are playful moments in the program.

And I'm still not sure the dress is part of the "problem." :shuffle:

marbri
01-08-2012, 05:12 AM
Maybe they should have saved the red dress for Worlds. I would like to see them do something with her a version of the yellow dress and him with a sweater (and if he can't handle the sweater, at least a sweater vest).

http://www.fanforum.com/f88/scott-moir-%E1%83%A6-tessa-virtue-86-~-because-seeing-their-programs-finlandia-should-barn-burner-63020577/index3.html

The actual yellow dress from the film has a fuller skirt but didn't she skate in a fuller skirt in Finland? A fuller skirt with the right material and some underskirt that moves a lot I think would add something.

aka_gerbil
01-08-2012, 05:38 AM
I really don't think the dress (or the program, or Scott's hair and clothes, or the SD) is the "problem" at all, either... I'm actually hoping she'll keep it, although I'm guessing not because she seems to have at least several different dresses each season.

flowerpower
01-08-2012, 06:23 AM
I really don't think the dress (or the program, or Scott's hair and clothes, or the SD) is the "problem" at all, either... I'm actually hoping she'll keep it, although I'm guessing not because she seems to have at least several different dresses each season.

They will have to handle the choreo issues as best they can at this point in the season (then possibly, later in the day, ask themselves whether both programs could have been better choreographed), but regarding the costumes - I love the red dress, but I'd like Scott to have a costume that is more consistent with his power and presence. I'm not sure what that would be exactly (I don't know the movie well, or that period/genre), but I do feel that OGM's/world champs should have costumes that say "look at me, don't mess with me", while still respecting the music and genre. Scott likes very simple costumes, but I think he could have simple costumes that make more of a "statement". Any suggestions?

skatingfan04
01-08-2012, 06:44 AM
I love the red dress as well. Much better than the white wedding dress she had at Finlandia. And the red dress is the most iconic one from the film. Love the idea of Scott exchanging the neck-tie for a vest, though.:cool:

maggylyn
01-08-2012, 03:28 PM
I love the red dress as well. Much better than the white wedding dress she had at Finlandia. And the red dress is the most iconic one from the film. Love the idea of Scott exchanging the neck-tie for a vest, though.:cool:

I love the red dress as well, and I agree it's iconic, but there's something about the whole look that doesn't characterize FunnyFace. I think the way Tessa has put this look together is too severe and restrained. Maybe a different hairstyle would work better. Forget about trying to be only one certain iconic look in the film. Instead try to capture something of the spirit of the complete story (young, unpretentious girl gets a new life and love).

iggie
01-08-2012, 03:38 PM
the problem tessa identified in an interview regarding the costumes is that they chose such radically different parts of the movie, it's hard to costume it. the red dress looks fabulous at the beginning but doesn't do the jazz part well. the leggings would be perfect for the jazz part, but she needs a skirt and it wouldn't look right for the other parts of the dance anyway. the white wedding dress works perfectly for the wedding finale, but doesn't work in the other areas.