PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir Thread #13 (mach two): S'Wonderful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Golightly
01-05-2012, 11:31 PM
Thats what i want to say - he even didnt know what elemnts ice dancers have in there FD. Its noy funny - its sad.

Which is why it made me laugh. It was ridiculous of him to say that.

sequins
01-05-2012, 11:36 PM
Does CTV take orders from viewers? If they do, I'd like to see Tessa/Scott in both programs, as well as Weaver/Poje, Ralph/Hill and Paul/Islam. And by all means PChiddy.:D Yes, Pani.:P

A European like me will have to rely on video makers and youtube.

Yep, we will have a most exciting end of January.:rollin:

Yes lots of Chiddy!;)
The end of January is exciting(including Aussie Open tennis too) it's just the process of getting to the end. I'm taking down all the Christmas decorations today, I think that's why I'm feeling depressed about January, and of course the weekend of 'Canadians' I'm working all weekend yet again::mad:

I am NOT convinced that DW have the season in the bag... in fact I think it is going to be an incredible season ahead and that VM have a great chance of reclaiming their world title. Losing the GPF might be the best thing that could have happened to them...keeps 'em motivated, and perhaps keeps them around for another season. (Still haven't won that title, and worlds in London, ON, followed by the olympic year! Come on!)

I'm not convinced either. It'll be tight no doubt but 'in the bag'? No way. Can't believe how close the Olys are again when you think about it, it's crazy.:eek: Wish I could go to London next year. It'll be especially exciting for V/M. Hope they have amazing material next year, not that this years isn't amazing, I'm just sayin'. Then again save the most amazing for Sochi!

walei
01-06-2012, 03:39 AM
Is ISU still giving out small medals for each segments? What's going to happen for the FD segment? I guess officially V/M is still 2nd in the FD so they are not going to get the FD gold small medal.

pani
01-06-2012, 09:34 PM
http://www.skatecanada.ca/tabid/18133/language/en-US/Default.aspx

Canadian Nationals Competition Schedule/
Senior practice will begin January 18 at Red Ball Main Arena. Practice at main arena will be only JRed Ball Main Arenaanuary 20. So i dont know will SkateBuzz show practice from Red Ball Main Arena

flowerpower
01-07-2012, 01:20 AM
Since it said on skatebuzz that they'd stream the junior events (which are held at the main arena) and the senior practices, they'll probably just have their camera set up at the Moncton Coliseum.

Keep in mind the times on the published competition schedule will be Atlantic Standard Time (one hour later than Eastern Standard).

clarie
01-07-2012, 01:58 AM
Gaaaaa!!!! I miss Bold and CBC.ca.........

puglover
01-07-2012, 02:17 AM
I am also so sad not to have Bold, PJ and CBC. I wish CTV spent way less money on all the fluff pieces and just showed us more skating. I have loved the simple voice of PJ explaining/complimenting when appropriate but letting the skaters do the entertaining. I believe this is a long-term contract with CTV. Is there no way we can give feedback/complain in any effective way? I am very disillusioned with most television shows lately and this just makes my blood boil.

HSGP21
01-07-2012, 03:27 PM
Not to change the subject back to a previous one, but THESE are the outfits Scott and Tessa should wear for Funny Face... http://collider.com/uploads/imageGallery/Funny_Face_Centennial_Collection/funny_face_audrey_hepburn_01.jpg

If Charlie can wear a tux so can Scott, and Tessa can play both the vulnerable and spunky parts of Audrey's character in this dress.

I feel like I want to call them "Hey Scott, lemme fix your PCS issue...the way your packaged right now could be better"

pani
01-07-2012, 03:46 PM
Not to change the subject back to a previous one, but THESE are the outfits Scott and Tessa should wear for Funny Face... http://collider.com/uploads/imageGallery/Funny_Face_Centennial_Collection/funny_face_audrey_hepburn_01.jpg

If Charlie can wear a tux so can Scott, and Tessa can play both the vulnerable and spunky parts of Audrey's character in this dress.

I feel like I want to call them "Hey Scott, lemme fix your PCS issue...the way your packaged right now could be better"

So you think new outfit could bring higher PCS? I am not sure - i think this must be more about music and transitions.
Why we didnt have secrete agenda in Canton? :P The main question - what V-M will change or will not change before Nationals.

maggylyn
01-07-2012, 04:29 PM

I do agree there's something not right about the way their FD is packaged right now.

I personally love this FD, so for me it's not about the choreography per se, but their costumes are not saying "Funny Face" to me.

~tapdancer~
01-07-2012, 04:46 PM
I do agree there's something not right about the way their FD is packaged right now.

I personally love this FD, so for me it's not about the choreography per se, but their costumes are not saying "Funny Face" to me.

Funny you should say that, maggylyn, because to me Scott's costume is very much like Fred dressed in his 50s movies and Tessa looks as close to Audrey as she can. I don't think Tessa could ever really remind of Audrey during that time because Audrey was so fragile and gamine and Tessa just isn't that at all. So I think their costumes are pretty authentic.

nlyoung
01-07-2012, 05:05 PM
I love the red dress... :shuffle:

bbkenn
01-07-2012, 05:11 PM
Who cares. With these two teams, I assume the FD scores will be even higher come their respective nationals, 4cc and worlds. The highest FD score of the season is yet to come!

DW are on a high from their season thus far, VM just got a boost from knowing that yes, Scott was right, they should have won the free skate, and now I am sure both are training hard (and watching each other out of the corner of their eyes.)

I am NOT convinced that DW have the season in the bag... in fact I think it is going to be an incredible season ahead and that VM have a great chance of reclaiming their world title. Losing the GPF might be the best thing that could have happened to them...keeps 'em motivated, and perhaps keeps them around for another season. (Still haven't won that title, and worlds in London, ON, followed by the olympic year! Come on!)

I think Scott's beef was with the PCS, not the TES (which is where the error occurred), so although I agree with you on the motivation, giving Scott especially great motive to up their game, I still think this hurts him inside a lot. He didn't take the time to talk to Tessa first before the interviews (probably didn't have time), which I think would have resulted in him saying nothing about how he felt. I think he'd be happy they won the FD, but not how they won.

aka_gerbil
01-07-2012, 05:21 PM
I love the red dress... :shuffle:

I do too.

pani
01-07-2012, 05:22 PM
Funny you should say that, maggylyn, because to me Scott's costume is very much like Fred dressed in his 50s movies and Tessa looks as close to Audrey as she can. I don't think Tessa could ever really remind of Audrey during that time because Audrey was so fragile and gamine and Tessa just isn't that at all. So I think their costumes are pretty authentic.

Its not a movie, so more important Tessa and Scott could dance like Audrey and Fred ;)
And i wish D-W will have this dance - Meryl is so fragile and gamine in your opinion, so i am with pleaser will see how D-W will dance in something like this :)

I love red dress too, but always interesting to see something new on Tessa and i really wish Scott will have real costume :D