PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir Thread #13 (mach two): S'Wonderful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

pani
01-03-2012, 10:34 PM
OMG seriously I don't get angry a lot, but these idiotic posters that can't seem to understand that there was a glitch with the computer that was affecting scoring, are pissing me off. This has nothing to do with what Scott said, geez it's not that hard to understand! I highly doubt it was even Tessa and Scott that caught the error and informed the ISU.

I have two questions:
1. Who notice this mistake? I dont think this was Zueva or Shpilband, because they didnt notice nothing during 3 competitions before GPF.
2. Why V-M need to compete even in Finland, if they even wasnt informed about this mistake in base marks in FD?

And i feel sorry that ISU made all this and Scott said, what he said. But from other hand- all is going with a reason. I know, its not easy to be open guy in the World where all smiling and thinking: "You are the bitch". But Scott need to learn this, because D-W are the Angels.
I am sure Scott will take lessons from Tessa: "Smile, just smile" :lol:

euterpe
01-03-2012, 10:47 PM
OMG seriously I don't get angry a lot, but these idiotic posters that can't seem to understand that there was a glitch with the computer that was affecting scoring, are pissing me off. This has nothing to do with what Scott said, geez it's not that hard to understand! I highly doubt it was even Tessa and Scott that caught the error and informed the ISU.

That is true, but if Scott hadn't made such a fuss over the FD scores, it's doubtful that anyone would be making erroneous inferences about the ISU glitch.

That's why it's better to keep scoring complaints out of media earshot.

Shayii
01-03-2012, 10:51 PM
I have two questions:
1. Who notice this mistake? I dont think this was Zueva or Shpilband, because they didnt notice nothing during 3 competitions before GPF.
2. Why V-M need to compete even in Finland, if they even wasnt informed about this mistake in base marks in FD?

And i feel sorry that ISU made all this and Scott said, what he said. But from other hand- all is going with a reason. I know, its not easy to be open guy in the World where all smiling and thinking: "You are the bitch". But Scott need to learn this, because D-W are the Angels.
I am sure Scott will take lessons from Tessa: "Smile, just smile" :lol:
I blame Scott, if he hadn't said what he did then people wouldn't be calling them all these names. Next time when he's angry I hope he let's Tessa do all the talking. And like somebody said on another forum I think it was FF, Scott is probably frustrated because of the personal attachment he and Tessa have to their free dance; I think they really love it, but since it seems not everybody shares that sentiment with them it probably hurts.
ETA: And euterpe you're that's why I wish he hadn't said anything in the first place. But people are acting like it's a bad thing the glitch was discovered. Like even it was Scott's comments that led to the discovery, is that such a bad thing.

sammyhi
01-03-2012, 11:42 PM

I agree with you, I for one, am glad that they found the error in the scoring, for everyone's sake and that it was set right, Now I think it's time for Scott to set things right and apologize to everyone for his unsportsmanlike conduct and overreaction to the idea that they received a silver medal instead of the gold. Something, by the way, a lot of athletes would actually appreciate and feel honored to receive. I agree, these are two separate issues. I don't think T/S had anything to do with the scoring issue, it was a mistake, pure and simple. And you misunderstand me if you think I'm trying to lump the two together, I'm not.
I just think that after reading all the posts on here that make excuses for Scott acting like a spoiled child, I felt compelled to say, I don't care for that kind of attitude in an athlete and I'm sorry to say, there is way too much of it today. I think it is a very poor example for the kids who are looking for role models. So shoot me!

clarie
01-03-2012, 11:56 PM
I won't shoot you sammyhi, but I will "ignore you", and I would advise others to do the same....:)

Shayii
01-04-2012, 12:10 AM
I agree with you, I for one, am glad that they found the error in the scoring, for everyone's sake and that it was set right, Now I think it's time for Scott to set things right and apologize to everyone for his unsportsmanlike conduct and overreaction to the idea that they received a silver medal instead of the gold. Something, by the way, a lot of athletes would actually appreciate and feel honored to receive. I agree, these are two separate issues. I don't think T/S had anything to do with the scoring issue, it was a mistake, pure and simple. And you misunderstand me if you think I'm trying to lump the two together, I'm not.
I just think that after reading all the posts on here that make excuses for Scott acting like a spoiled child, I felt compelled to say, I don't care for that kind of attitude in an athlete and I'm sorry to say, there is way too much of it today. I think it is a very poor example for the kids who are looking for role models. So shoot me!
Lol I'm not gonna shoot you because I kinda agree with you. When reports first came out about what Scott I was hoping it had been mistake and when I found out it hadn't been a mistake I'm not gonna lie I was disappointed with his comments. I don't know if this means I'm making excuses for him but like I said above, his comments I don't think were to diminish D/W's win, it just stemmed from frustration that he had fallen in the SD and that people were not enamored with their FD like they had hoped for. But he said what he said I wish he hadn't but I'm still a fan of theirs and I'm not gonna crucify him for it.

sliver98
01-04-2012, 12:51 AM
Ice network and its despicable politicking for D&W continues did not even interview Tessa and Scott seriously if Tessa and Scott lose another world title to that boring and overrated team this board will explode you have been warned:mad:

NorthernDancers
01-04-2012, 12:55 AM

Not going to shoot you.... :D

But I don't agree that Scott should apologize. I don't think he behaved that badly. Maybe he could have used a little nicer words, but really it is very refreshing that he's so transparent. When he is happy, we all see and know it. When he is frustrated, we see that too. He's a real person with real emotions, who clearly loves the sport. In sports, we hear much, much worse. He didn't swear or disrespect anyone person or team. He was talking about his feelings and the frustrating situation. I don't think it's a bad thing that he questions how the program is being judged and received. He feels that the judges have not been understanding the program, or judging according to his understanding of the rules, especially on PCS. There are many who would agree with him. As there are many who don't agree with him. That's ok. We don't all have to agree, but the discussion itself is good, and I hope that his comments did cause round-table conversations amongst the judges after the competition. What Tessa and Scott are doing this year is pushing the limits and understanding of COP. I like it. We don't want to reward only 1 kind of program. We need to be open to all kinds of styles and creativity.

flowerpower
01-04-2012, 12:59 AM

I may or may not agree with what Scott said, but I defend his right to speak his mind. Given that this is a judged sport, occasionally scores will be questioned. Also, occasionally people will speak out in a moment of emotion. I'm sure not going to crucify him for that!

Is he a good role model? You bet. He works incredibly hard, has a huge commitment to his sport and to his partner, also has a great rapport with his competitors in Canton (pretty remarkable in ice dance, and a tribute to them all, BTW). According to Alex Shibutani, when he and Maia arrrived in Canton and were feeling unsure of themselves on the ice, Scott was the one who noticed, and told him and Maia that they had as much right to be there as anyone else.

So if you just want to focus on one comment, go right ahead. I'll take clarie's advice and ignore.

Prancer
01-04-2012, 01:07 AM
Ice network and its despicable politicking for D&W continues did not even interview Tessa and Scott seriously if Tessa and Scott lose another world title to that boring and overrated team this board will explode you have been warned:mad:

Ah, thanks for the warning. The admins like to be prepared.

Judy
01-04-2012, 01:19 AM

That wasn't unsportsmanlike conduct .. there's nothing wrong with being competitive. If he refused to shake hands or acknowledge that D&W won the medal that would be unsportsmanlike.

Golightly
01-04-2012, 02:00 AM
I'm sorry but, to those of you who think that Scott's comments were unsportsmanlike, do you follow any other sports? In football, you see those guys celebrating right in front of their opponents, taunting them. I've always found that despicable. In baseball, you even see players CHEATING (hello?? A. J. Pierzynski??); in soccer, you hear one of the best coaches in the world say that his team (the second best team in the world, no less) lost to the best team in the world (perhaps one of the best in history) because they were lucky. Even in tennis, you see players refusing to shake hands or Serena Williams making fun of and questioning the validity of the then world number one in a presser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfQjyCUeF2Q. So, you tell me, were Scott's comments truly unsportsmanlike? He was merely being critical of the system.

One thing is that an athlete is angry at the results he got and expresses it, he has that right, but it is quite another to go and humiliate your fellow competitors. Saying that you're mad you lost the free dance because you felt it was a winning performance is not unsportsmanlike, that's frankness. People just don't like it.

sequins
01-04-2012, 02:15 AM
^Love it Golightly! Seriously can we give this crap a rest already and move on. Who gives a flying.... what Scott said anymore and why does everyone have to pussy foot around and be 'proper' all the damn time anyway? Because it's figure skating? Lord knows there's a rich history of far worse incidents/comments/you name it than this. It's a sport for goodness sake. He never directly insulted D&W anyway and obviously they don't seem bothered by it. He's competitive and he gives a damn, oh heaven's what a terrible thing. Like I said before this is just business and when you work your butts off and don't understand why you're not being rewarded, is it not ok to question that? Wouldn't you in your job? So what if it wasn't the perfect words, lord knows we've all been there, just not for the world to hear.

Now let's talk Canadians, Worlds and everything else but this... please.

taf2002
01-04-2012, 02:53 AM
Gee, I was about to post but sequins has spoke...

Shayii
01-04-2012, 03:10 AM
Yea I think Scott is a great person, like flowerpower I also read in an interview with the Shibutanis how he had been the one to make them feel welcome and told them they had a right to be at Arctic Edge like the other pairs. I still wish he hadn't said what he did in public, but I think that's cuz of my personality which is similar to Tessa's, I tend to restrain myself when I'm upset or angry. But you're right sequins let's just move. And sliver you are annoying you're just trying to stir up crap. I hope people don't think all V/M fans are crazy.