PDA

View Full Version : Virtue/Moir Thread #13 (mach two): S'Wonderful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Macassar88
12-31-2011, 06:30 AM
Yeah, that's what I meant when I said there was a problem. But it wasn't too sharp at Finlandia, that's why I assumed it didn't get a level 4, but they shelved it so quickly. If they want to recycle a lift, they could've used something better, they certainly have better lifts than the one they are using now.

I totally agree. The new lift should be changed
I think the other thing is that the temptation lift never looked secure from my view. Maybe it was because the only times I saw it was during their first performances of the year. However, I want a new lift especially since Davis and White's SD lift is :kickass:

aka_gerbil
12-31-2011, 07:13 AM
Don't take anything Sliver says seriously. And I (and I believe others weren't/) referring to the D/W thread when I said their were people that were blaming T/S for the ISU issuing a calculation error in the GPF FD; it was in another thread and more specifically another forum.

Granted, I don't ever venture into the D/W thread, but I was referring to comments seen in non-FSU parts of the interwebs. I think the majority on fsu know enough about skating and ISJ to get that however the error was caught, it needed to be fixed because of the potential to affect multiple teams at multiple skill levels all over the world.

There are some people out there (on two different livejournal communities)who don't get the whole big picture and are blaming Tessa and Scott for the error being caught and fixed... because, you know, someone catching an error in the ISU judging software and pointing that out is a terrible, horrible thing to do. ;)

Shayii
12-31-2011, 07:48 AM
Granted, I don't ever venture into the D/W thread, but I was referring to comments seen in non-FSU parts of the interwebs. I think the majority on fsu know enough about skating and ISJ to get that however the error was caught, it needed to be fixed because if the potential to affect multiple teams at multiple skill levels all over the world.

There are some people out there (on two different livejournal communities)who don't get the whole big picture and are blaming Tessa and Scott for the error being caught and fixed... because, you know, someone catching an error in the ISU judging software and pointing that out is a terrible, horrible thing to do. ;)
Lol yes those are the ones I was referring to and another person in a different FSU thread. I couldn't believe what they were saying at LJ. I mean all they had to do was read the article, it had nothing to do with the comments Scott made. But to be honest I wasn't really angry (more annoyed) because about 97% of the people at LJ despise T/S for some unknown reason, until one poster resorted to some so uncalled for name calling. Seriously, like I said there I wish Scott had just kept his big mouth shut because certain people now have something to grasp at to justify what horrible, evil, unsportsman, sore losers they are :rolleyes:

Rant over, yes I agree with others I don't like the lift they now have in the SD, they've now used it in three programs, but with different variations. I love the temptation lift, but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the reason they got rid of it was because they weren't gonna get a level 4 on it.

ETA: Oops, gerbil I just saw the mistake I made in my previous post I meant to say I believe others were as well.

Shayii
01-01-2012, 03:36 AM
Happy New Years everybody!! I hope and pray the new year brings wonderful things for everybody including Tessa and Scott! And haters can suck it!!

Carmen Ovsiannikov
01-01-2012, 04:00 AM
When B&A competed I understood (well to a certain point) where some of the criticism came from but I never thought that V&M would be one of those teams whos skating skills or any part of their programs (aside from program theme or obvious mistakes) would have to be defended. What Tessa and Scott do, they do so well I'm still in shock that anyone would be buying into any argument that they are just being beaten/passed by a better team.

Also after the GPF results wasn't the first time that Scott had asserted his and Tessa's superiority to other teams. IMHO, it's only become a huge deal this time around because of who he said it about.

Shayii, I also wish Scott has waited until he and Tessa were alone to complains and left it up to other skaters or coaches to speak up instead.

The FD is fine the most technically difficult out there but if Judges are too stupid to follow or understand the story line than they are dumb they practically recreated flawlessly the entire movie in front of their eyes. Also losing 5 points for a fall made no sense i don`t recall the olympic champs grishuk and Platov getting marked down like that when Platov fell their fans pointed out they were still better than their competition even with the falls.
Also its not just Scott that complained even famous Ice dancer Zhulin could not understand the result and why V&M lost the fd.

IMO sliver actually makes some interesting and valid points; unfortunately because sliver is very blunt about D&W people tend to dismiss them.

I remember the discussions and discontent surrounding G&P and them still being able to win even with falls. It is possible for a team with superior skating skills to win with mistakes over teams with no mistakes but who aren't as strong.

It reminds me of the pairs final at 2003 worlds when Scott/Dulebohn skated a "perfect" program by their standards but finished in the lower top ten. People were crying bloody murder, especially since Totmianina/Marinin weren't as perfect or liked by the fans but finished higher. Like G&P, the overall excellence of T&M's basic skaing skills were figured in and resulted in them finished higher than S&D.

Sometimes I wonder if all the fuss over the years perhaps due to lack of knowledge on the parts of some skating fans is why a fall is now considered enough to dump a team who still should be racking up points in other areas of CoP. Isn't CoP still judged in segments or has that changed? It's possible to lose points in one area but still be able to increase point totals in others.

Sasha Cohen's silver medal in Torino also comes to mind.

I do think D&W rightfully won the SD but I agree with those who feel that the 5 point difference was out of line. I watched V&M's SD on youtube then again on a normal sized television. Frankly, I don't feel Scott's fall took away from the overall effect of the program. If I had turned on the television after the fall I honestly wouldn't have noticed anything went wrong until the commentators had commented on it.

I have no idea what will happen at Worlds, I'll only hope for the best.

jl22aries
01-02-2012, 06:59 AM
Great post Carmen! I really like your points.

pani
01-02-2012, 12:19 PM
Anyway, here is a nice set of FD pics from TEB kindly uploaded and shared by Nadyuha-ha (http://photobucket.com/images/tessa%20virtue%20scott%20moir%202011/)

O, Scott! :D Look at his face - isnt he is a real actor? :) Thanks for photos!
Happy New Year! Hope this year will bring all the best to you all!

As for GPF FD results. For me its important, because this show - V-M have a chance to compete with D-W, not like D-W all time will be the first in judging opinion. (like P-B will never be close to D-W). And yes, this didnt change overall results, but any point is very important - its sport.
And i think when Tessa-Scott saw results the first thought was - we need to made 4 lifts, because combination lift will give less points why we didnt notice this. But now they could save this combination lift.

As for changes in SD and FD. I think they will made some changes. I felt like at GPF Scott was so ready to show all his latin expression and i am sure he will show this at Nationals. ;) I think they will use the same music cut.
As for FD. I feel sorry, but i think they will change this new lift :( I think judges need to support something new more, then support skaters who made the same rotational lift during lsat 6 years :( Maybe they will made stronger finale? Done know, but i am shure they will work hard before Nationals and i wish them all the best

clarie
01-02-2012, 03:19 PM
OMG......those pics are gorgeous.........what loverly "lines" they make together.

pani
01-02-2012, 09:04 PM
I wish Tessa-Scott will made exibition on this song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwsVi-THXZw&feature=related

Emdee
01-02-2012, 09:14 PM
Lovely video Pani.

An ex to the song would indeed be great. However as the videographer says they look wonderful dancing to any song!

Shayii
01-02-2012, 09:17 PM
I wish Tessa-Scott will made exibition on this song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwsVi-THXZw&feature=related
Great choice pani. I'm hoping they choose something current and fun and your choice fits that category perfectly. Do you think we'll see a new ex at nationals. I like IWHYH but I'm getting a bit tired of it.

pani
01-02-2012, 09:19 PM
Lovely video Pani.

An ex to the song would indeed be great. However as the videographer says they look wonderful dancing to any song!

Yes, but i wish they will mad enew exibition and will use something modern and fast :D (could i dream? ;))/

pani
01-02-2012, 09:33 PM
Great choice pani. I'm hoping they choose something current and fun and your choice fits that category perfectly. Do you think we'll see a new ex at nationals. I like IWHYH but I'm getting a bit tired of it.

With all this work they need to do with competitve programs, maybe they couldnt made new exib for Nationals.

clarie
01-03-2012, 01:16 AM
I would think they would have a new one this year. It probably doesn't take nearly as much time putting as putting a competitive one together, and I really don't think they needed to make so many changes to their SD and FD....just clean them up a bit and get that muscle memory in gear. I hope I'm right. :)

shsocu
01-03-2012, 01:55 AM
I don't understand why they dont have a new one when other teams have the time to come up with 2 (sometimes 3) new competitive programs and an exhibition number.