PDA

View Full Version : Mike Banks RIP

houston
12-16-2011, 08:43 PM
I am sorry to have to report the death of Mike Banks a true friend of British Figure Skating, especially Ice Dance. He was a supporter of Sinead and John Kerr for 15 years and the only one to be really trusted to prepare their boots and blades especially before competitions. He enjoyed dancing and was a regular competitor at the Northern Ice Dance League. An ever-present at the British Championships until this year. He loved Sinead and John's last programme and they will be thinking of him when they perform at Stars on Ice.

Mike, we will never forget you.

The Kerr family

paskatefan
12-17-2011, 11:07 AM
RIP, Mike.

Kasey
12-17-2011, 06:51 PM
I don't know who this person was, but my thoughts to his friends and family, who I am sure were quite fond of him, and have lost a loved one.

AragornElessar
12-17-2011, 08:17 PM
While this is the first time I've heard of Mr. Banks, it does sound that our friends in the British skating family have truly lost a great friend. My condolences to his family and all who knew him.

DaiKozOda
12-17-2011, 10:46 PM
May he rest in peace.

Morelli
12-18-2011, 03:49 PM
Had Mike been ill? I only posted a Christmas card to him last week. He seemed fine last time we saw him, but that was probably several months ago, as apart from spending time with him during several WIC events and a weekend at a friends 70th, we only really met up at skating socials.
He will be missed as an enthusiastic participant of the Recreational Ice Dance league too. Only in the last year or two did he stop travelling the hunderds of miles from Scotland to these social/competition events in England where he was a valued team member, contributing points not only for on ice wins, but for the extra points he brought his team as one of its more senior members.
He was very generous with his time and not only fitted my boots to the blades, but insisted on taking my old boots back to Scotland to recondition.

Vash01
12-18-2011, 04:32 PM
I did not know him but my sympathies to his family and friends, and RIP to Mike

skatesindreams
12-18-2011, 04:42 PM
Sending my sympathy to his family and friends, also.
It's obvious, from the posts here, that he loved the sport; and served it well.
RIP, Mr. Banks.

leigh466
12-19-2011, 06:15 AM
Sounds like he was a wonderful man who supported the Sinead and John Kerr in their career. Bless him for the joy he brought to the sport and those he loved.