PDA

View Full Version : GPF Review-Sonia Bianchetti

sk9tingfan
12-16-2011, 02:53 PM
http://www.soniabianchetti.com/writings_2011grandprix.html

lauravvv
12-16-2011, 04:53 PM
http://www.soniabianchetti.com/writings_2011grandprix.htmlThank you. But, while "Yoko Kavaguti" could be perceived as a simple misspeling, "Bob Moir" (:eek:) is definitely too much.

berthesghost
12-16-2011, 05:01 PM
Thank you. But, while "Yoko Kavaguti" could be perceived as a simple misspeling, "Bob Moir" (:eek:) is definitely too much.:lol:
I was more perturbed by
As expected, it was really a fantastic and very exciting event, the best I can remember in many years.:eek:
It was so poorly skated, with so many mistakes from so many obviously tired skaters, that I remember thinking "when are they going to put this idea out of its misery" :lol:

Iceman
12-16-2011, 05:01 PM
Her memory must be failing her if this truly is "the best I can remember in many years".

Except for a few exceptions, it was about as exciting as leftover Thanksgiving turkey.

pingu
12-16-2011, 05:04 PM
LOL this reminded me of this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os4W2CZcWS0) Bob

nylynnr
12-16-2011, 05:10 PM
I have to agree with Sonia, which I often do not. I, too, thought there was great excitement at GPF between the top two pairs, and I thought overall the ice dance teams really brought it. Although the men made their mistakes -- I don't know if we are going to see many clean free programs, with all the elements and transitions some of them include -- there was a lot to like. But it would be dull if everyone had the same opinion.

AYS
12-16-2011, 05:29 PM
I thought the dance, men's and pairs competition was excellent. Ladies not so much, but you can't blame her for writing a very positive review for her countrywoman. :)

I totally agree with her description of Die Fledermaus.

lauravvv
12-16-2011, 05:56 PM
I thought the dance, men's and pairs competition was excellent. Ladies not so much, but you can't blame her for writing a very positive review for her countrywoman. :)I am not Italian, but I too like Kostner's skating, her programs for this season and those particular performances at GPF - and I know that I am not the only one. Although she actually had two moderately major mistakes in her FS - but not any falls that could spoil the impression.

Dance and pairs competition was good indeed. Men's competition was exciting, but also a bit disappointing at the same time.

Frau Muller
12-16-2011, 06:46 PM
Quote:
The Grand Prix Final this year was particularly interesting because it included both the junior and senior finals, thus giving the opportunity to the junior skaters to perform with...

Newsflash to Sonia B.: the ISU has been doing this for at least the past two years. Still, I tend to agree with much of what she wrote.

Zemgirl
12-16-2011, 07:19 PM
Quote:
The Grand Prix Final this year was particularly interesting because it included both the junior and senior finals, thus giving the opportunity to the junior skaters to perform with...

Newsflash to Sonia B.: the ISU has been doing this for at least the past two years. Still, I tend to agree with much of what she wrote.
I noticed that, too - I think the current format has been around since 2008-9.

AYS
12-16-2011, 07:29 PM
I am not Italian, but I too like Kostner's skating, her programs for this season and those particular performances at GPF - and I know that I am not the only one. Although she actually had two moderately major mistakes in her FS - but not any falls that could spoil the impression.

I like her programs this year as well, but didn't feel she had her best performance of them at this competition.

Zemgirl
12-16-2011, 07:29 PM
I like her programs this year as well, but didn't feel she had her best performance of them at this competition.
The LP wasn't her best, but the SP was really strong, IMO.

VarBar
12-16-2011, 07:35 PM
Thank you. But, while "Yoko Kavaguti" could be perceived as a simple misspeling, "Bob Moir" (:eek:) is definitely too much.

Quote:

Newsflash to Sonia B.: the ISU has been doing this for at least the past two years.

She is doing her homework quite thoroughly, isn't she?:lol: