PDA

View Full Version : Zhulin: The sky high marks Davis/White and Virtue/Moir receive are scary

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

marbri
12-15-2011, 06:27 PM
/I:don?t unders/and[

Loves_Shizuka
12-15-2011, 09:03 PM
N/K were :smokin: hot. That is all.

dots
12-15-2011, 09:11 PM
I always thought N/K were overrated, especially him :scream: Talk about borefest ! :blah:

topaz
12-15-2011, 09:55 PM
I wouldnt score the Shibutanis as low on PCS as Zhulin but a heck of alot lower than they are. Their bronze at Worlds last year almost rivalled the Israelis bronze in 2002 as the worst ice dancing decision.

Coming from you I take that as a compliment. :lol: If you think the Americans and Canadians are not pushing their top skaters behind the scenes with many of the astronomical scores they get these days (not that it is neccessarily a bad thing, other countries have done it for years) then you are even dumber than I already thought you were.

The Shibutanis won the bronze because of the mistakes made by P/B. It was a very close scores between the 3rd and 4th but Natalie/Fabian would have bronze if they would have skated w/o mistakes. I am no fan of the Shibs, I agree with Zhulin's appraisal of them.

Two wrongs do not a make it right in regards to politicing for higher marks. The marks D/W received during the GP and GPF were ridiculous and should have been demoralizing to the other competitors.

Ice Dance has always had really elite teams and then medicore teams. D/W and V/M are superior technically but I think both teams are not as musically versatile are past teams and the choreography for both teams are safe, but that's the current trend right now in Ice Dance, except for the teams coached by Camerlengo/Krylova.

topaz
12-15-2011, 10:08 PM
I always thought N/K were overrated, especially him :scream: Talk about borefest ! :blah:

Roman K was not better skater than M. Margalio yet MM was trashed for his lack of technique, however I thought MM was better musically than Roman.

Both male skaters had the priviledge of skating with some of the best ice dancers of their generation(Barbara Fusar Poli and T. Navka).

Navka/K worked becausse Navka was a phenomenal ice dancer that had it all, i.e looks, style, techinque and musicality.

However much I liked Navka as a ice dancer, I hated the team as whole because I think Denkove/Stavinski were robbed on 04 and 06

manhn
12-15-2011, 10:14 PM
Celine Dion and The Feeling Begins - so unsafe I need to hide!

marbri
12-15-2011, 10:14 PM
Blinded by the headband ;):P

marbri
12-15-2011, 10:17 PM
Celine Dion and The Feeling Begins - so unsafe I need to hide!

People see what they want to see, if it is created outside the Arctic Edge it's edgy, risky and innovative ;)

Domshabfan
12-15-2011, 10:43 PM
Haha, a comment of D/W skating is now all about N/K' skating ability.

casken
12-15-2011, 10:47 PM
I wonder if people have more their final year in mind when Pasha was pursuing her Hollywood dreams and even Platov looked like he would rather be having a root canal than be on the ice with her. But in the previous years they were great and seemed to have a better relationship.

Tracy Wilson and other Canadian commentators spent 95-98 trashing G&P in their commentary for having no connection with each other and not reaching the audience, despite the fact that G&P got a great response everywhere they competed, minus Canada.

They kept hammering it over and over again, that people just started repeating it. Susie Wynne did the same thing during the B/A versus Delschoe years.

overedge
12-15-2011, 11:05 PM
Tracy Wilson and other Canadian commentators spent 95-98 trashing G&P in their commentary for having no connection with each other and not reaching the audience, despite the fact that G&P got a great response everywhere they competed, minus Canada.

Um, I was at a couple of those competitions, and I can assure you that the "great response" was not universal, inside and outside Canada.

kwanfan1818
12-15-2011, 11:09 PM
They kept hammering it over and over again, that people just started repeating it. Susie Wynne did the same thing during the B/A versus Delschoe years.
That's not entirely true: Wynne used to rave about Schoenfelder's edges and the Delshoe's transitions like she raved about no one else's, but in his last years, she thought he declined, after they dropped the transitions for which they got no credit for speed.

Vash01
12-15-2011, 11:17 PM

Not only that, Tracy even said they were not ready at the 1998 Olympics. They skated an extremely difficult FD; you cannot do that without training hard. Had the 98 Olympics been in Canada, I shudder to think what might have happened...........2002 SLC, 4 years ahead?

Usually I like Tracy's commentary but she seemed to have an intense dislike for G&P.

ltnskater
12-15-2011, 11:31 PM
i've long wondered why the top dance teams are about to max out of pcs while other disciplines can barely crack 9.00.

Falls are rare... mistakes on lifts/footwork sequences/elements are also quite rare, at least to the visible eye. Any "mistakes" that do occur, is most likely due to a shallow edge, therefore downgrading the element, but does not impact the overall program as much as it would for example, a step out even on one jump in a free skate.

allezfred
12-16-2011, 12:01 AM
People see what they want to see, if it is created outside the Arctic Edge it's edgy, risky and innovative ;)

Well, it's ice dance/figure skating. Nothing is ever truly edgy, risky or innovative.

In comparison, however.... :shuffle:

I don't care what a team skates to so long as they do something that interests me. And they actually use the music and not ignore it while they do tricks. If that's the case we may just as well amalgamate ice dance with pairs and have done with it. :P

Oh and it's Lara Fabian and not Celine Dion. Surely any self-respecting Canadian should be able to tell when it's The Dion. :drama: